Things to do in Nassau besides excursions?

princessnikitaa

Mouseketeer
Every time I go to the islands, I never know what to do.
I end up just walking around the shops, but after a while that gets tiring, and well.. I've seen it a few times. The excursions are pretty cool, but I've done a few of those, and sometimes I consider them over priced. Is there an excursion I should absolutely do?! Or is there anything else I could possibly do on the island?

A little bit about us:
Disney Mom, Me: 21, And Girl cousin: 14.
Mom and I have been on a few cruises, but it's Girl cousin's first trip.
We are up for anything, mother is a little less active.

Thanks for all of your help!

IMHO enjoy the ship and the reduced crowds on-board by just staying on the ship as many leave for excursions (though surprising how many stay on the ship in Nassau now).

We've been to Nassau about 20 times now. Other people think I must live there, for I get stopped for directions when I'm there, more often than I care to admit. While I usually only get off the ship for sundries (yes, rum and rum cake are sundries, damnit!), I recently took the Atlantis Dolphin Encounter excursion, and had a surprising amount of fun. That's something that is cross-generational, and not too active. it's a great quick trip of the port as well as gets you back early enough or departs late enough (if you take the first or second excursion time) to still enjoy the ship.

Most people stay on the boat at Nassau however, if you have never been to Nassau the only place worth going to see is Atlantis IMO . Most port adventures are a bit pricey but some people book independently and that sometimes cuts costs. I have never been, but I have heard good things about Blue Lagoon as well. For my next cruise I plan to do either the Discover Atlantis tour https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/nassau-bahamas-discover-atlantis/ or Discover Nassau by Land and Sea https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/nassau-bahamas-discover-land-sea/ I have a young DS and these are the things he will get to enjoy. Happy Planning.

Most people stay on the boat at Nassau however, if you have never been to Nassau the only place worth going to see is Atlantis IMO . Most port adventures are a bit pricey but some people book independently and that sometimes cuts costs. I have never been, but I have heard good things about Blue Lagoon as well. For my next cruise I plan to do either the Discover Atlantis tour https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/nassau-bahamas-discover-atlantis/ or Discover Nassau by Land and Sea https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/nassau-bahamas-discover-land-sea/ I have a young DS and these are the things he will get to enjoy. Happy Planning.
Blue Lagoon is alright if looking for a cheaper dolphin encounter than the resorts (we did the beach while one in our party did) but if doing for a beach day alone, having done for that IMHO I'd now pass and enjoy Castaway for such (previously I would have said enjoy, but more so now we enjoy the boat and think the beach nothing special especially compared to Castaway that does not cost a nickel for a much better experience).

I agree as far as beaches go, nothing compares to CC. Also I forgot to mention the food at Atlantis is expensive and not very good either, another great thing about CC good food, and its included.

Have you been over to the beach where you can get photos with the ships behind you? That is fun. We also like exploring the town and looking into the churches. There are a few beautiful old ones there. Very peaceful. Once we had a horse & buggy driver take us up to the rum distillery (John Watling's) where we took the free self-guided tour, had a couple drinks on the patio, and meandered back down the hill to town. I would totally do that again, and you can walk up there if you don't mind the uphill bit. It's close to the Junkanoo Museum and The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas.

If you are looking for a beach day, you can visit the Hilton Colonial or the Melia. They offer day passes.

One excursion that's a little different is the chocolate tour at the Graycliff. You get a tour of their facility and then get to make your own chocolates.

Every time I go to the islands, I never know what to do.
I end up just walking around the shops, but after a while that gets tiring, and well.. I've seen it a few times. The excursions are pretty cool, but I've done a few of those, and sometimes I consider them over priced. Is there an excursion I should absolutely do?! Or is there anything else I could possibly do on the island?

A little bit about us:
Disney Mom, Me: 21, And Girl cousin: 14.
Mom and I have been on a few cruises, but it's Girl cousin's first trip.
We are up for anything, mother is a little less active.

Thanks for all of your help!
Nassau has beaches you can visit.

My boyfriend and I did Blue Lagoon in January two years ago and really enjoyed it. We had a few hours of beach time and enjoyed relaxing. We had the whole first section of beach to ourselves. Is it as nice as CC? No. But we had fun and thought it was worth the cost. We had enough time at the end to walk around Nassau and shop a bit. It was a perfect day IMO.

Best thing to do in Nassau is to stay on the ship. If for no other reason, then to avoid having to walk thorough the Tourist Trap ... Errr. I mean straw market. Did I saw that Tourist trap? Must have slipped out. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter