Things we miss at WDW

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
So I was just watching a video of Mickey at Town Hall, I miss talking Mickey. It was such a great experience.
another thing taken away.

what do you miss?

Magical Express.

Definitely sending things back to the resort--I don't want to carry bags all day and at the end of a long day the last thing the kids want to do is be dragged through a shop. Like the poster above I would spend a lot more if they brought this service back!

Slow weeks. Disney has done a great job of scheduling events and things so these just don't happen anymore. Not like they used to.

Oh! And thus chocolate cake that they used to have at whatever was before the Kona Cafe a LONG time ago. Like in the late 80s/early 90s. It was a million layers of chocolate cake and chocolate frosting and it had chocolate chips on the outside. I LOVED it! Similarly the old chocolate cake circles you'd get with the fudge frosting and sprinkles at quick service. They were SO GOOD! None of the desserts I had at Disney this month compared.

Disney Airline Check-In, if I could get anything back, it would be this. Handing off your luggage in the resort lobby was a fantastic perk!! You could print tickets if you like! It was great!
It has gotten difficult for me to pull a suitcase, this would really be a help.

Resort or front of park package delivery. Agree with others that I'm purchasing less just because I don't want to carry it. And L'Originale Alredo di Roma Ristorante (Italy pavilion). I know Alfredo's has been gone for quite some time, but I do still miss it! Editing to add -- know the ship has sailed -- but I miss Illuminations -- specifically the music and the nightly blowing out of the torches.

Twinkly lights on the pavement near Spaceship Earth...it made leaving a little less sad. Cleanliness of the parks and better upkeep. Also airline check in and package delivery to resorts. We didn't use ME often however it was convenient for our guests.

:tink:

Honestly what I miss most are the people who I love and had so much fun with that I went to WDW with all the time who are now deceased. I've been going to the parks since 1971, and honestly I don't mind any of the other changes. And if you go all the way back to them there have been a bunch. Although I will say lower crowds, lower prices, no need for any sort of dining reservations, and very few other people at rope drop were all pretty sweet.

If I get down to one picky little thing I miss, it would be the yummy coconut dogs they used to service at the quick service place by the Polynesian. It's been decades and I still miss those.

Last edited:
Honestly what I miss most are the people who I love and had so much fun with that I went to WDW with all the time who are now deceased. I
The "memories around every corner" are a big part of what keeps me coming back as well.
All stars
Thanks! Resort delivery wasn't back for us last week (different resort) but I'm very excited if it's slowly being reintroduced.

I miss the relative affordability 5-10 years ago.

Alien Encounter and the "Alien Legs" served outside under the Astro Orbiter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter