Things you can afford to buy but won't buy?

I agree with PP Ranger X Enos People pay upwards of $300 for cell phones with a family plan. I have a Tracfone, its even a touch screen so I can play emoji blitz and navigate my experience app.

Just about anything they are selling at the World of Disney store. I'll maybe buy a t-shirt. That is it. Not paying top dollar for some cheaply made imported junk.

Just about anything they are selling at the World of Disney store. I'll maybe buy a t-shirt. That is it. Not paying top dollar for some cheaply made imported junk.

That's a little harsh especially for a Disboards post. I always find something that screams buy me and I have to buy regardless of the price. That is the extent of my obsession with the world that WED created, I guess

That's a little harsh especially for a Disboards post. I always find something that screams buy me and I have to buy regardless of the price. That is the extent of my obsession with the world that WED created, I guess

With the prices they charge they should be making those products in the USA supporting our workers. When I hear that CEOs outsource manufacturing to a country with slave labor camps I get upset.

SO MUCH. Designer or luxury anything, basically. I could technically afford to stay at a WDW Deluxe resort, but I don't think it's worth it.

Expensive cell phones are all I can think of.
I have bought lots of Disney items, first class on flights, I love new cars and will not but a used one.
So far no cruise suites but that could happen someday

Yup, phones is a big one for me. I will buy a refurbished Android model on eBay for $150 and it works just fine. You don't get all the latest bells and whistles, but I never use that stuff anyway.

I’ve passed on a few things at the grocery store lately. Watermelon $10.99? No thanks! It’s going to take me some time to wrap my head around these prices but I find myself passing on many things I usually buy.
Haha! Last week I saw a bin of watermelons and did a double-take as I couldn’t believe the sign said $9.99. You have that price beat. I guess I should have purchased one as an inflation hedge.

SO MUCH. Designer or luxury anything, basically. I could technically afford to stay at a WDW Deluxe resort, but I don't think it's worth it.
ITA. I'm not a frequent visitor and have only stayed on property once, but I thought POP century was great. I'm willing to pay for convenience and cleanliness. I'm not interest in luxury.

ITA. I'm not a frequent visitor and have only stayed on property once, but I thought POP century was great. I'm willing to pay for convenience and cleanliness. I'm not interest in luxury.

In many Pop Centurey is BETTER than the deluxe resorts - it doesn't share buses, is centrally located, it has a Skyliner station. For someone who spends little time in my room, I see no reason to stay at the high-end resorts.

Well, I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary just because I think it's SO COOL, but it's not worth the money. Maybe someday I'll do a night there, no parks, and actually enjoy the resort itself for a day. Maybe.

Cars and cell phones.
Traded in a car I owned 31 years ago on my current car, my wife traded in a car we owned 20 years on her current car. I spent $10,000 in repairs over the 31 year life of my car, MUCH less that what depreciation on new cars, sales tax and high registration fees would have been.

I kept my first cell phone 14 years. Only replaced it because they were phasing out analog for digital. The smaller digital phone is nice, but the call clarity was far superior on the analog phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter