Things you hated about your childhood home?

I loved my childhood home. I love that my parents still live there. I only hated that the heating/cooling system was not the best. My room felt as hot as the surface of the sun in the summer and in the winter sometimes there just were not enough layers.

The water heater and furnace were natural gas. Had to deal with a couple of issues related to the natural gas service that literally could have been explosive. And this is an area where natural gas is much more expensive than electricity.
Right now my Facebook feed with filled with outraged people hit with $400 natural gas bills, plus an electric bill. My last electric bill was $100.

I didn't like that our room opened up onto the landing looking down the stairs into the living room. As a kid I was afraid of the dark, and at night if I came out to use the bathroom you could see down into the darkened living room. Gave me the creeps. Now I can't sleep with any kind of light on and I have blackout drapes on my windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter