Things you memorized as a kid and still remember today.

I loved Zoom too. How can you forget that address? LOL, I also remember how to speak Ubbi-dubbi! My favorite kid was Bernadette, who did that cool thing with her arms in the intro.

There was a reboot version of the show in the late 90's-early 00's that DS watched once in a while. It was pretty much the same and they had the same mailing address/PO box, plus email.

I can sing the French national anthem - in French. At least the first couple of verses.

ABCDEFG, da, da, da, da, da, etc etc as old as the hills! LOL

Kelloggs commercial -

Taallllll up, with the great corn taste of Kelloggs golden flakes - It's corn that you can really crunch, corn that really packs a punch - Tall up!! :P

Sorry that I mentioned something that brought you a bad memory. My apologies. :hug:

I suspect the movie "Airplane!" couldn't be made today either.

Oh, you know I was just teasing you about bringing up the memory!:p But this is how bad it was, Angie. Every time they'd say the name "Cissy" on Family Affair it made me squirm!:worried:

Lots of people have the alphabet memorized, but our teacher made us learn it BACKWARDS! Now, over 50 years later, I can recite the alphabet backwards in under 5 seconds. I don't know why she thought this was valuable information for us to know.

I remember all of my prepositions in alphabetical order from fifth grade. I'm 26yrs old. :sunny:

Surprised no one has said this yet...

Who's the leader of the club,
That's made for you and me?
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-you-S-E!

Also the Canadian National anthem, American anthem, Sick by Shel Silverstein, lots of phone numbers and radio jingles.

This thread reminds me of a joke from my youth. Man finds Genie in a bottle & uses his first 2 of 3 wishes on $1,000,000 and a convertible. Saves his 3rd wish for a later time.

So, he's driving down the road singing along to the jingle on the radio:

Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener......

From the Magic Door "Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom, gily gily gily gily gily a sa sa. Come through The Magic Door with me, just say these words and wondrous things we 'll see"

Sadly, the exact date my parents told us they were getting divorced. It just happened to be 8.8.88 and I'm pretty sure that was coincidence. But it sure made the day stick in my head!

Sadly, that is a date that sticks in my mind also. I was 10 years old and my parents told us on Easter Sunday. Seriously? 40 years later, I still don't understand why they thought that was a good day to tell us :(

Lots of people have the alphabet memorized, but our teacher made us learn it BACKWARDS! Now, over 50 years later, I can recite the alphabet backwards in under 5 seconds. I don't know why she thought this was valuable information for us to know.

When DD#2's kindergarten teacher learned that we were being transferred to Spain before the next school year, she incorporated a very elementary segment on Spanish history and language into the end of the semester. At kindergarten graduation, after the teacher's short explanation on the "why" of the next activity the littles proudly announced that they could count from one to ten in Spanish - uno, dos, tres, etc. Then they announced that they could do the same thing BACKWARDS! Giggling as only kindergartners can, they turned their backs on the audience and proceeded - uno, dos, tres...They took their bows to thunderous applause and were duly graduated.

It's interesting to see how many of us learned the Preamble to the Constitution from watching School House Rock.

Queen Colleen

Marty Brennaman's radio call of the final out of the 1976 World Series when the Cincinnati Reds defeated the New York Yankees to complete a four-game sweep.

Every single U.S. President in numerical order. (this was much more useful and impressive in the pre-internet days)

30 days hath September
April, June, and November
All the rest have 31
Except February which has 28 days clear
and 29 in each leap year.

One if by land, and two if by sea;
And I on the opposite shore will be,
Ready to ride and spread the alarm
Through every Middlesex village and farm,
For the country folk to be up and to arm."

and also:

I wanna rock right now
I'm Rob Base and I came to get down
I'm not internationally known
But I'm known to rock the microphone
Because I get stupid, I mean outrageous
Stay away from me if you're contagious
'Cause I'm the winner, no, I'm not a loser
To be an MC is what I choose-a
Ladies love me, girls adore me
I mean even the ones who never saw me
Like the way that I rhyme at a show
The reason why, man, I don't know
So let's go, 'cause

I know there are regional differences in this one, but I still remember a little song we sang jumping rope.

Not last night but the night before,
24 robbers came knocking at my door,
As I ran out, they ran in...
and hit me on the head with a rolling pin.
I asked them what they wanted and this is what they said:
Spanish dancers turn around,
Spanish dancers touch the ground.
Spanish dancers do the splits,
Spanish dancers jump out like this!

In 7th or 8th grade, we had to memorize the Preamble, including all spelling, capitalization and punctuation.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter