Things you said as a kid (maybe kids still do)

1-2-3-4, I declare a thumb war
low-key-off subject, but I had that picture of Farrah on my bedroom wall when I was in grade school. She was my girl crush. I also had a silk screened t-shirt of that same picture. Funny because no one thought anything of a girl wearing a picture of a girl on a t-shirt!

Oh geez, I was a teen in the late-80's, so there's probably a lot...

"No duh."
"Sike!"
"Totally!"
"Don't be such a spaz."
"Bite me"

Last week, I somehow ended up explaining to my teen daughter that when I was younger, if you were dating someone you were "going with" them.

Then that turned into a discussion of the "preppies" through "burn outs" hierarchy of popularity.

when we saw a police car...."what are pennys made of?" "copper" "what kind of copper?" "dirty copper!!"

And speaking of cooties...

Jingle bells, Batman smells
Robin laid an egg
You better get your cootie shot
Before he comes your way

our version: jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg...bat mobile flipped its wheel, and ran over the commissioners leg

Want some? (look like you're offering) ... Psyche!!
The cousin of this is.... "Eyeball!" (must pull down your lower eye lid with your finger while saying this.) I have no idea what the origin of this was.

our version: jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg...bat mobile flipped its wheel, and ran over the commissioners leg

LOL, I’ve heard that too, or something similar. There were multiple variations. Honestly I never said it, it was mostly boys who did, but I heard it often enough. :rolleyes2

Kennywoods open. Pittsburgh people will know what it means. I can't say I've heard it in years though. It means your zipper is down.

I know that phrase well. (Married a Pgh boy). We still say it in this house, actually used it last week, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter