Things you were stunned that people didn't know?

meaty

Mouseketeer
I was stunned that my mate who is a big Brock Lesnar fan didn't know that he started WWE in 2002 , he thought the early 90s

When I was in high school I worked for a while at McDonald's. A couple of guys sat down and, as I walked by with my mom, asked when they were going to get some service. By the mid-80's, when this happened, the entire country had had about 30 years to get used to the fact that McDonald's doesn't have wait staff. How these two yokels weren't aware of that I'll never know.

Similarly, some number of years ago a guy asked me where he could get something to eat. Now this wasn't a hobo who was looking for a handout; this was a well-dressed guy who had just stepped off of a tour bus. In a 360-degree radius of me, all of which were within easy eyesight, were an Arby's, a Long John Silver's, a Red Lobster, a Cici's Pizza, and a Gabatoni's Pizza (a local place). It was as if the guy had never heard of a "restaurant."

That Hawaii is Not off the ( east) coast ...of Florida... really??? Blows me away...

Whoa....really?

------

For me, go back to the mid 1990s. DH and I (we were dating) drove to Nashville (from CT) for his annual car show (Fiero). On the way back we stopped in pigeon forge/gatlinburg since had gone for work and wanted to show me.

So here we were in Dollywood one afternoon. I had my video camera ready to record him coming out of the bathroom (yes weird I know) and this lady came up to me asking what that was. So I told her and I wish I was recording because she said something like you video and then you can watch it and she was amazed, This was not the huge video camera that my cousins uncle took to Disney on our trips in the 80's, this was a smaller version (not the small one I have today). I think I was in shock.

Actually that trip had me in shock for a lot of things. But it's nice to see different parts of the US and what is normal for them is not normal for me. But that's OK, I wouldn't want everyone/where being the same.

Soooo many things about my country. That we aren't in Europe, that we are further from Australia than people realise, that we do have modern cars (yep, someone asked!)

My favourite was the guy who asked me how we kept kangaroos out of New Zealand. I said, well, you know shark nets? We have them, but above the water around the coast, so they can't jump over. He totally believed me.

Soooo many things about my country. That we aren't in Europe, that we are further from Australia than people realise, that we do have modern cars (yep, someone asked!)

My favourite was the guy who asked me how we kept kangaroos out of New Zealand. I said, well, you know shark nets? We have them, but above the water around the coast, so they can't jump over. He totally believed me.

Now, that's beautiful. Everyone knows that kangaroos are known for their swimming abilities and that their primary diet is fish...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter