Think they'll hold the flight?

Not bad at all. He shoukd be able to swing a domestic flight with those miles.

20,000 SkyPesos is more than I'm spending on my next flight to WDW. Total delay in between scheduled arrival time and actual was about 6 hours?
Yup.

I just logged into his account and sure enough, he had 20K bonus miles. Honestly, when I wrote in, I was hoping he would get 5K. When I never heard back, it was "eh, ok". But they told me on the phone, since he was such a frequent customer, they'd give him the larger amount. Heh. He flew to Florida in August, and the last time would have been in 2017 to Europe.

20,000 SkyPesos is more than I'm spending on my next flight to WDW. Total delay in between scheduled arrival time and actual was about 6 hours?
A 6 hour delay on JetBlue would have given an automatic credit of $250 in a travel bank that is valid for one year.

Delta points are valued at approximately 1.2 cents per mile, so 20,000 sky miles would have a value of $240. So the dollar amounts are similar; however, JetBlue gets credit for doing this automatically, but that us dependent on having JetBlue near you. Hopefully in the future Delta will follow suit and do this automatically.

Yup.

I just logged into his account and sure enough, he had 20K bonus miles. Honestly, when I wrote in, I was hoping he would get 5K. When I never heard back, it was "eh, ok". But they told me on the phone, since he was such a frequent customer, they'd give him the larger amount. Heh. He flew to Florida in August, and the last time would have been in 2017 to Europe.
For as long of a delay as this, it should be standard to give him $250 or so in value.

Got to say I was surprised to find Southwest held our flight yesterday morning for about 6 passengers

And it had nothing to do with connecting flights. We had the first flight of the day

No idea how they got word to hold it. But they announced we were waiting for passengers so there was no question

Got to say I was surprised to find Southwest held our flight yesterday morning for about 6 passengers

And it had nothing to do with connecting flights. We had the first flight of the day

No idea how they got word to hold it. But they announced we were waiting for passengers so there was no question
Could they have been on a flight from another airline? Sometimes airlines will do connections across airlines when necessary.

Could they have been on a flight from another airline? Sometimes airlines will do connections across airlines when necessary.
I guess anything is possible but at 5:00 am it was about the first flight out all the way around
There hadn’t been anything in the way of arriving flghts at that point in the day

I guess anything is possible but at 5:00 am it was about the first flight out all the way around
There hadn’t been anything in the way of arriving flghts at that point in the day
I see, around here there could have been a arriving flight at that time of day depending on the airport, but how odd. The only other thing I can think of is they are someone who paid for the really expensive version of the tickets and so SW decided to hold for them?

I see, around here there could have been a arriving flight at that time of day depending on the airport, but how odd. The only other thing I can think of is they are someone who paid for the really expensive version of the tickets and so SW decided to hold for them?
That is very possible

For as long of a delay as this, it should be standard to give him $250 or so in value.
Apparently the adults who had associated their FF# automatically had 5K points added to their account the night of. When I heard that, I was prompted to email. I did talk to one of the parents who got 5K miles to say DS got 20K and he wrote in a complaint. lol

Apparently the adults who had associated their FF# automatically had 5K points added to their account the night of. When I heard that, I was prompted to email. I did talk to one of the parents who got 5K miles to say DS got 20K and he wrote in a complaint. lol
How sad, just another reason we tend to stick with JetBlue whenever possible, they do the credit automatically. We had a (admittedly shorter) flight delay and had our credit in our travel back k before we landed.

A 6 hour delay on JetBlue would have given an automatic credit of $250 in a travel bank that is valid for one year.

Delta points are valued at approximately 1.2 cents per mile, so 20,000 sky miles would have a value of $240. So the dollar amounts are similar; however, JetBlue gets credit for doing this automatically, but that us dependent on having JetBlue near you. Hopefully in the future Delta will follow suit and do this automatically.
Based on who's valuation? I'm getting 3.2cpp on my redemption for WDW in Dec. And pretty regularly find redemptions well above 2. Also have to include the fact that SM don't expire where as JB has to be used within a year, and is that booked, or flown?

Based on who's valuation? I'm getting 3.2cpp on my redemption for WDW in Dec. And pretty regularly find redemptions well above 2. Also have to include the fact that SM don't expire where as JB has to be used within a year, and is that booked, or flown?
It is just what I get when I do a Google search for the value of Delta Skymiles and that is what comes up.

Skymiles do expire (or at least they used to) after a year from the date earned if not used. For Jetblue, the credit expires one year from date issued.

It is just what I get when I do a Google search for the value of Delta Skymiles and that is what comes up.

Skymiles do expire (or at least they used to) after a year from the date earned if not used. For Jetblue, the credit expires one year from date issued.
Delta SkyMiles don't expire

Sadly Jetblue doesn't have near the service area that Delta has. They are in such fewer airports.
Maybe that's why they can do things different

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter