• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking about changing vacation plans?

yecats

Living to vacation.
As I found out yesterday that FTP was extended through Nov. 20, I decided to call to see about pricing for single person. This is a really good deal (AS $651 & Mod. $899). I was originally planning on going the first week of December but would've been in Orlando the day after Thanksgiving and they have not extended the FTP to include that weekend after the holiday. So now I am thinking about going in November instead. Its been a long time since I have been earlier in November. So I am now thinking about the following dates, either 11/8 -11/15 or 11/15 through 11/22. Has anyone recently (past 5 years) attended during this time? How were the crowds, park hours, etc... Is one week better than another or are there big conventions in town during either one. Lastly what was the weather like. Just a few questions. Thanks to all for the help.

That time of year should be great, not crowded and the weather should be nice. Either week would have minimal crowds, as long as you are no too close to Thanksgiving
We went the last year in November in 2001 and the weather was wonderful, warm but not humid.

That really <i>is</i> a good deal. It has been 11 years since I was in WDW in early November. It wasn't crowded at all when I was there but who knows how things may have changed since then.

Some people see a problem with extra crowds for the so-called Jersey Week (the New Jersey school conferences that basically gives New Jersey residents a week off between Election Day and Veterans Day) but I personally haven't seen any huge extra crowds for that with the exception of MK on Saturdays and the Food & Wine Festival on weekends. I have gone for the last three Veteran's Day weeks and I'm going for this one, November 8-16. I'll be at three different resorts!!

I did decide to change my vacation plans. I am now booked in for 11/15-11/22. I have read several threads regarding the first two weeks of Nov. with some reports that with Vets Day wkend, New Jersey week and addin the Soap Weekend, I felt better having moved my vacation back one week. Either way I'm just happy getting a good deal with FTP.

I think you are going to be very happy with those new dates. I'll bet the crowds are not so large during that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter