• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking about going by the Disney Character Wearhouse ...

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
Is it worth my time? Is it a you have to be there when they open?!? Is it certain days week?
Should I bother?

Have you watched the YouTube shopping videos? We will be at WDW next month and are going to the warehouse the first morning. I have seen a few things for my kids so hopefully there will be some good items for them when we go. It would be nice to get a tee shirt for a decent price. We decided to go after watching the park videos and saw the prices

We have the time I think so we may give it a look. We got APs back in September and will be making our 3rd trip down next week. I’m limiting my shopping since we plan to be there a number of times “this year”. Might be able to take care of a little Christmas.

Everyday is different at the character warehouse. We've been 6-7 times or so. Some days have been awesome and we scored some cool merch at great prices. Other days, I've searched hard to find anything worthwhile.

It's always busy and yes, being there at opening is key. There are actually two outlets. One is off Vineland and closer to WDW and the other is off I-4 and closer to Universal. We like the one by Universal better. It's not quite as busy and it's actually a bit smaller but we've found more that we liked there.

It’s worth going. I go every trip. They are always rotating stock so it’s hard to say what you’ll find. Last time I was there they had dresses from Cherry Tree Lane for $25. Gone the next day.

About how far away is this. Staying at Swan/Dolphin in December. Just seeing how much an Uber might be.

we used to live near one in california. you could get some decent deals but it was'nt what was currently in the parks. as an example-if a clothing item was slow selling in the parks we got them. when california adventure first opened they marketed some expensive men's thermal/fleece pullovers, they must not have sold well b/c the outlet was full of them (great price-long lasting we've had them for years and they still look like new), we also got stuff when special events were over (i LOVE and cherish my main street electric parade sweatshirt from years ago).

i think it can be a good option but if it's just as an alternative place to get some kid's stuff like t-shirts, autograph books and maybe some toys.......walmart near disneyworld has it all at a fraction of the price. we got nicer quality disney branded autograph books, kids found t-shirts they like better and since we gave them a budget on souvenirs they opted to get stuff like character dolls and lego sets there for less than half the price than the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter