• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking About Joining Disney Movie Club

jeni16

DIS Veteran
I've been considering joining Disney Movie Club. For those that have joined, what are your opinions on it? Do they sent you movies that you have to return if you don't want them? Besides the cheap movies when you sign up are there any other perks?

Thanks!

I had an okay experience. You can refuse movies you already have or don't want, but if you refuse too many they kick you out. Or at least that's what happened to me. I have a pretty extensive Disney Movie collection, so I refused movies and got dropped. Maybe they've changed that policy or maybe there is a way around it. I don't know.

I belong to the Disney Movie Club and it's alright. They have exclusive movies that aren't available in stores or anywhere else online which is basically what I use it for but honestly you can find the other Disney movies cheaper at Target. Last month I bought Inside Out for $13 and it's $20 something on Disney Movie Club. So I guess it just depends how much you're willing to spend.
If you are someone who is just starting a movie collection I think it would be good to join.
When you join you pick 5 dvds or blu-rays and you pay for one.
No you don't send back movies you don't want. You are sent a package in the mail every few weeks and you can either mail the card that comes with the package saying if you want a dvd or blu-ray offered at that time or you can say you don't want any movie at this time. Or you can go online to Disney Movie Club and do it there.
I've refused a lot of movies and haven't been dropped and I've been a member for almost 3 years.

Same here, I have had ok experience as well. I have been a member for 3 yrs. Stated on my preference that I wanted the Walt era dvds only. I fulfilled my quota obligation and have bought two selections since. One being Escapade in Florence with Annette Funicello and Tommy Kirk in 2013 and then Mr Boogedy and Bride of Boogedy in 2015. The only annoying thing to me is the constant push to change from DVD to Blu-ray. As long as you send in or go online to accept or decline the month's feature selection before the deadline, you won't have to send anything back.

Hello- for those of you who have joined do you know if when you get your DVDs in the mail does it come with a code for digital so I could also watch them on my iPad?
Thanks

I am considering joining as well. Forgive my ignorance, but can someone give me the 3rd grade explanation of how it works? For the life of me I can't decipher through all the small print whether it's a good deal or not. I typically buy DVDs from Amazon, Target/Walmart, or Costco but am looking to find the cheapest option.

I really am just interested in starting a collection of classic Disney movies (like Cinderella, Lion King, Snow White, Peter Pan, etc.) and thought this might be a good option to do so. Thanks!

They normally have at least 2 options for the movies. Sometimes 3. DVD only, DVD & BR, and then the DVD, BR, & Digital Download. Not all Blu Rays include the digital so just read the disc options for the movies.

I just got out of the Movie Club. I had too many issues with them sending me movies that I declined. I also noticed that I could get them cheaper elsewhere.

We've really enjoyed it. The movies are cheaper elsewhere but to stock up at the beginning - especially if you're building a collection - it's a great start. The average we've paid over the course of a few dozen movies is probably around $13-$15. You get an email telling you that it's time to decide on your upcoming selection, so you don't forget about it, and I've never had an issue with my declination being honored. And yes, you generally have an option to get the digital copy code also. I decline nearly every month and have not been kicked out.

If I were looking for given movie X today, it's almost certainly cheaper to get somewhere else, but when they run their specials it's a good time to stock up.

Definitely recommend. There's really no downside.

Like a PP, we declined several in a row, and they cancelled our membership, and then they claimed we kept a bunch of movies (that we never recieved) and that we owed them money

So its kinda a Buyer Beware

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter