Thinking of a trip second week of Dec 2019, are we crazy with Star wars opening in summer?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of a 5 day trip (4 park days, Mon-Thurs) the second week of Dec 2019. DH and I have been to DL 2 times for 2 day trips. The other 3 in our party have never been. Are we crazy to consider going with Star Wars land opening 5-6 months prior? Do you think it will be too crazy? We go to WDW often. We know how to use the MaxPass at DL. Just wondering since you can not book FP's 30 or 60 days out like WDW if getting the FP for Star wars rides would be easier or are we just plain crazy to consider going with Star Wars just opening a few months prior.

Thanks for any help!

MP makes everything MUCH easier than FP+. Not being able to pre-book is actually a good thing, assuming you're going to get to the parks early.

I would go for it! By December there will already be plenty of trip reports so you'll have a better idea of what to expect, and over 5 days I'm sure your group will be able to experience everything especially with MP. Plus Christmas at Disney is always worth it

I'm thinking of going during this same time period! We literally just got home from our trip and already can't wait to plan another. My oldest has a birthday at the end of November and I really want to go during the Christmas season.

You will not know for sure how much Star Wars will impact crowds till it has opened. And then you still have to consider how many people delayed their summer trip due to fearing SW crowds , which might result in bigger crowds later in the year.

If this week works for you and your family, just go, enjoy yourself and adjust your touring plan IF necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter