Thinking of Aulani for hubby 40th

tony4

Earning My Ears
Hey All,

I'm thinking of celebrating my hubby's 40th birthday at Aulani; saving points to accomidate family for a reunion. Does anyone know if there is a supermarket within reasonable distance to stock the fridge?

There is a Super Target about a five minute drive from Ko-Olina in Kapolei , it has pretty much a full grocery store and good prices. There are lots of other stores like a Walmart and a Costco around there too.
At the Ko-Olina resort area there is a little convenience store across the street from Aulani too.

I haven't been there (yet) but I think I read somewhere that there's also a Safeway nearby in addition to the Target & Costco. I'm sure someone else will chime in to confirm that.

Yes there is a Safeway too but according to the locals on the boards Super Target has better prices than the Safeway. I cant confirm that as we only went to the Target and then we also did a stop at the Walmart for good take home gifts.

Safeway has better prices for groceries than Target. There is a new local grocery store in the area called Foodland which is a large store. If you go to both you will have good prices as they have different items on sale. The city of Kapolei has a lot of stores and great restaurants which is only about 5 miles from Aulani.

Safeway has better prices for groceries than Target. There is a new local grocery store in the area called Foodland which is a large store. If you go to both you will have good prices as they have different items on sale. The city of Kapolei has a lot of stores and great restaurants which is only about 5 miles from Aulani.

We have all 3 of those where we live as well but I don't usually grocery shop at either Safeway or Foodland (we have another local chain called Giant that I go to just because it's closer than the others). If I find the same items at Target they are usually cheaper UNLESS they happen to be on sale at the grocery store that week. I often look at the sale ads for the grocery store before I go out and will go to Target before I go to the grocery store, making 2 stops. If it's on sale at the grocery store then it's probably cheaper. But in general Target is much cheaper on an every day basis on stuff like paper & plastic products, coffee, tuna, creamers and frozen items like waffles (if shopping for name brand). We may stop at the Costco in Hawaii too but not for a whole lot of items. We're just a family of 3 and their packaging is just SOOO huge we won't need THAT much of anything. I often buy bottled water at Costco in the 35 pack but sometimes I can find it on sale for nearly the same price at the grocery store (maybe 50 cents difference). Does that work there as well? I hate to go to Costco just for water...

We have all 3 of those where we live as well but I don't usually grocery shop at either Safeway or Foodland (we have another local chain called Giant that I go to just because it's closer than the others). If I find the same items at Target they are usually cheaper UNLESS they happen to be on sale at the grocery store that week. I often look at the sale ads for the grocery store before I go out and will go to Target before I go to the grocery store, making 2 stops. If it's on sale at the grocery store then it's probably cheaper. But in general Target is much cheaper on an every day basis on stuff like paper & plastic products, coffee, tuna, creamers and frozen items like waffles (if shopping for name brand). We may stop at the Costco in Hawaii too but not for a whole lot of items. We're just a family of 3 and their packaging is just SOOO huge we won't need THAT much of anything. I often buy bottled water at Costco in the 35 pack but sometimes I can find it on sale for nearly the same price at the grocery store (maybe 50 cents difference). Does that work there as well? I hate to go to Costco just for water...

Costco in HI is an event. The one in town is the #1 in sales in the nation! I try to avoid it on pay day weekends but the one in Kapolei is a great place to pick up salads or even take & heat meals in fact they have great fresh Poke which is a raw fish dish with soy sauce, onions and other fresh ingredients which is a stable for locals and should be tried by tourists at least once. Especially if you like sushi or sashimi.

Hat to tell you the the Iwilei costco is not first in the nation. They are constantly in the top five in sales. The busiest is would you believe kirkland wa store.

Hat to tell you the the Iwilei costco is not first in the nation. They are constantly in the top five in sales. The busiest is would you believe kirkland wa store.

We love our Costco (and our Starbucks) here in the Seattle area!! Since Costco started here, its not all that far fetched that we would have the #1 store!:thumbsup2

Wow! What wonderful feedback. Thank you everyone.. looks like we certainly have options.

We shopped at the Target near Aulani during our stay last fall. I thought the selection was limited compared to our Target at home. Either of them would be better prices than the ABC Store across the street from Aulani. The prices at the ABC store were twice the amount of the already high Hawaii prices at Target.

I think the Safeway would be more expensive unless you get a Safeway card and then take advantage of the specials. And since we purchased cereal, bread, milk, and sandwich meats and those times are often on sale using a Safeway card, it would have been cheaper to go there and from what I've heard from others we would have gotten a better selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter