Thinking of cancelling trip

Due to COVID, Disney has not been allowing offsite restaurants deliver to the room. However, you definitely can pick up something from a Disney restaurant or food court and bring it back to the room.
The policy has always been that you meet them in the lobby or out front of the main entrance. I have heard no such thing that you can't order delivery since covid.

We were there this week and there were still always at least 2-3 sit down dining options available. Wasn't always exactly what we wanted, but two months out is showing plenty of availability!

The policy has always been that you meet them in the lobby or out front of the main entrance. I have heard no such thing that you can't order delivery since covid.
In January, we attempted to have pizza delivered from Giordano's. They stated they were not being allowed to deliver onsite due to COVID.

In January, we attempted to have pizza delivered from Giordano's. They stated they were not being allowed to deliver onsite due to COVID.
Weird. Sounds like another way to force people to eat on property, but I guess they (disney) can do what they want.

I'd call the guest services (the button on the in room phone) and ask them. They gave me numbers for places in the past.

(and Giordano's is overrated anyway 😏)

People shouldn’t have to talk you into going to Disney. Seems like you know your answer and probably shouldn’t go.

Yeah. As other posters have stated - there's table service available for every day of that trip as well. If booking a few meals is causing this much stress for somebody, I can't imagine what the actual trip would do to that person.

Something I forgot about earlier, as the dates get closer, the hours will be extended. Sometimes right before and definitely sometime after the extended hours are posted, new reservations will be available, so if you do hang onto your room reservations, be sure to keep checking in on ADRs, especially at 3-4, maybe 5 weeks out.

we just saw this with our trip next month. They extended hours one day, and the next a bunch of in-park dining opened up.

That sounds like a Giordano's policy then. Because we were able to order food to our resort (Pop) last week with no problems. I even saw several other people walking from the lobby area with food delivery in their hands as well.

That sounds like a Giordano's policy then. Because we were able to order food to our resort (Pop) last week with no problems. I even saw several other people walking from the lobby area with food delivery in their hands as well.
Could also be the time of the year.

We were there in January during the peak of COVID cases.

Same at Polynesian two weeks ago - no issues having food delivered

Could also be the time of the year.

We were there in January during the peak of COVID cases.

We had food delivered in January to AKL without any issue (and there were LOTS of people doing the same - food options there are terrible right now!)

Sounds like Giordano's made it their policy, maybe due to their own Covid-related limited staff :confused3

I feel like she was stressed and having some anxiety. No reason to be unkind. I mean, did you really have to comment on her post and not add anything constructive? It's the same idea. Kindness goes a long way, especially when someone is already stressed.

I feel like she was stressed and having some anxiety. No reason to be unkind. I mean, did you really have to comment on her post and not add anything constructive? It's the same idea. Kindness goes a long way, especially when someone is already stressed.

thank you. Saved me from saying something.
it’s difficult because you want things to be perfect because you’re spending money
AND have a special needs child to accommodate. It’s stressful. I’m sure I’ll calm down once we go.
I got the coral reef restaurant I wanted and I know my son will enjoy that.

thank you. Saved me from saying something.
it’s difficult because you want things to be perfect because you’re spending money
AND have a special needs child to accommodate. It’s stressful. I’m sure I’ll calm down once we go.
I got the coral reef restaurant I wanted and I know my son will enjoy that.

My daughter specifically requested that one for our next trip too, I hope you enjoy it! :)

This is causing me too much anxiety
I can’t find a single table service restaurant the entire time we are there
(Yes I’ve looked starting 60 days out)
I have a disabled son who needs to sit and eat. (How are we supposed to eat at all if nothing is available?)
I have multiple questions that I need answered by a Disney representative and can get NO ONE on the phone after two days of waiting 8 hours on the phone (not exaggerating).
it’s like Disney doesn’t give a **** if they can’t even answer the phone after 8 hours of waiting for two days.
I don’t even know if they can accommodate my son now.
how are we supposed to even eat?
No room service can we order dominoes pizza or something else to our room and eat but I heard there was no eating in the room at all?
We need a refrigerator in our room to store medicine but there was NO WHERE to put that when booking reservations.
Have tickets booked for May 17-21
I give up
There’s plenty of availability for table service restaurants while you are there. There’s mini fridges in most rooms and ice is available at all resorts.

We ordered Papa John's twice while at POP earlier this month, you just have to meet them in the lobby. They cannot deliver to the room. I don't know if that is a feasible option for you though. Also, we were able to get walk up reservations to Beaches and Cream and Garden Grill. Those were the only places we tried.

Papa John's there has to be better pizza than that!! VBS!!

I understand your frustration, but I want to point out that even if you can't find any TS ADR's (which while I get that things are much more limited these days, there has to be SOMETHING available. I never once pulled up reservations and found nothing at all), most of the QS restaurants do have tables and we never really had trouble finding one (with the exception of Woody's Lunchbox where it took a few minutes, but we did eventually find a table there too).

Did you really need to make the same thread in this board and the restaurants board?

If you don’t want to go then don’t go. No point spending thousands for something that isn’t bringing you happiness.
There's always the resorts board, too 😆

Seems OP has her answer.

We were at Disney between Christmas and New Year's this year after deciding to extend our trip that was supposed to end on 12/26. We were able to book very last minute ADRs by checking the MDE app. People change their minds about dining and modify or cancel their reservations. I have been stalking the MDE app for our last-minute Easter trip and have seen Be Our Guest, Garden Grill, and Topolino Terrace pop up a few times as choices and at desirable times, such as 5:30 or 7:00 p.m. If you have the energy to keep checking, you may be pleasantly surprised by what you find. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter