• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of doing a Christmas decoration trip.

connie1042

DIS Veteran
I have been to Disney a lot. Know the in's and out's of most of it. Been on WDW.com these boards and other sites. Here are some questions I have.
Going from Dec. 1 leave Dec. 7.
Osborn lights, and Fantasmic. Fantasmic showing every night. Did not find a date from Osborn lights, but pretty sure they will be on during our time frame.
Christmas Party. Have chosen date according to calendar on disboards.
My big question is the candlelight processional. Is it every night? Are there 3 shows each night. Do you really need a dinning package to get a seat. If you do lunch, do you have to do the first show, or do you get a choice of which performance you want? Where can I find what nights it is on. I really don't care who the narrator is, I just really want to see this. We are not doing a dinning plan, so do not have to figure that part out. I did find that it starts on the 29th, but nothing after that. We were going to do this in Nov. until I found out that CP does not start til the 29th. Any help would be great. Thanks

I have been to Disney a lot. Know the in's and out's of most of it. Been on WDW.com these boards and other sites. Here are some questions I have.
Osborn lights, and Fantasmic. Fantasmic showing every night. Did not find a date from Osborn lights, but pretty sure they will be on during our time frame.
My big question is the candlelight processional. Is it every night? Are there 3 shows each night. Do you really need a dinning package to get a seat. If you do lunch, do you have to do the first show, or do you get a choice of which performance you want? Where can I find what nights it is on. I really don't care who the narrator is, I just really want to see this. We are not doing a dinning plan, so do not have to figure that part out. I did find that it starts on the 29th, but nothing after that. We were going to do this in Nov. until I found out that CP does not start til the 29th. Any help would be great. Thanks

Osborne lights and Candlelight Processional are nightly. CP historically has 3 shows nightly but the WDW website currently says "Savor a delectable lunch or dinner, followed by 2 awe-inspiring shows."

We have gone at Christmas very frequently. The standby, non-dinner package line for CP can go back as far as Italy.

Not sure about timing if you buy the lunch package. But if there are only 2 shows, I would expect that if you buy lunch, you'll have to do the first showing. This is just a guess, however.

We no longer do the dinner package. I enjoy listening to CP from afar.

The CP always runs every night from the day after Thanksgiving (which this year means Nov 29) until December 30. There are 3 shows every night, and I would highly recommend getting the dinner package to ensure getting a seat. If you do the lunch package, then yes, you do have to do the first show. In fact, for each showing there is a specific time frame that your meal has to be booked during. (The last time I did it it was 12:45-1:45 for the lunch package. ) I could be wrong, but I bet that what that quote about 2 awe-inspiring shows means is the fact that when you do the dining package you also are entitled to use a reserved viewing area for IllumiNations.

Here is where they have the information about the CP including the dates:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/candlelight-processional/

Here is where it has the comment about the 2 awe-inspiring shows, and like I suspected, it means the CP and IllumiNations:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/candlelight-dinner-packages/

I could be wrong, but I bet that what that quote about 2 awe-inspiring shows means is the fact that when you do the dining package you also are entitled to use a reserved viewing area for IllumiNations.

That would avoid a peasant revolt :goodvibes.

The Candlelight Processional is a must-see for any music fan whether or not you are into the religious aspect. If you want to be assured of a seat, then book the meal. Hey, ya gotta eat anyway, right?

I also recommend booking the lunch or dinner package for the CP.

Have you considered the Yuletide Fantasy tour? We did this in '08, and it was a great backstage peek into the creation and design of the festive decorations in all the parks! Just something different.

Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes

I also recommend booking the lunch or dinner package for the CP.

Have you considered the Yuletide Fantasy tour? We did this in '08, and it was a great backstage peek into the creation and design of the festive decorations in all the parks! Just something different.

Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes

Ooooh
This sounds great
Must add to my future trips notes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter