Third BLT DVC trip mixed with some CR time - Updated 4/10/2013

Still enjoying your trip report! These reports are keeping me going. We took last year off from Disney and it was the first time since becoming members. Since we normally go once a year - it will be now be two years when we go back in November! Don't think I will be able to wait that long ever again. Silly question, how do you know if someone else is DIS member? Did I at one time see some sort of key tags that some people use? Would be fun to meet up with some other DIS or DVC members on our next trip.

I'd like to stay longer at EPCOT because I'm enjoying the festival. Alas, we've been invited by a "Beast" to "Be His Guest" at his new castle.
We have a 3:30 reservation for dinner.

imagefxcf.jpg

There's a line outside of people trying to get in without reservations but we bypass them rather quickly. :)

imagednlr.jpg

It seems the Beast has other guests today.

The ballroom is packed.

imageclbq.jpg

I noticed some treats on my way in.

imagecoq.jpg

The Beast is a little stand offish at first.
We get a glimpse of him from our West Wing table.

imageyci.jpg

A fine meal indeed is prepared for us including this French Onion soup for starters.

imageiygf.jpg

We have a nice waitress from CT and the entree's arrive.

imagekkh.jpg

Steak was my main meal all week.

imagegyj.jpg

We taste some of the desserts.

imageulk.jpg

A congratulations treat for DD (Dean's List)

After dinner and on our way out, the Beast invites us in for a picture.
He's a bit intimidating at first, but warms up to us in the end.
I'd say it was a very nice dinner all around. Thanks Beast for letting us "Be Your Guest" !

imagetwd.jpg

After dinner, we finally get a chance to ride Haunted Mansion with little wait time.

DD and I walk home to BLT. We've had a full day of a tour in AK, EPCOT Flower and Garden and a nice new restaurant at MK. I'd say that's a good day!
DW and DSIL stick around a little at MK to watch the Electric Parade. DD watches Wishes from our BLT room balcony. I lay down on the bed to shut my eyes and end up not getting up till morning.
Friday, we have a full day planned at Magic Kingdom. We have a 6pm Magic Express reservation for the airport. We really have plenty of time to enjoy the park one last time… stay tuned for the finale.

Still enjoying your trip report! These reports are keeping me going. We took last year off from Disney and it was the first time since becoming members. Since we normally go once a year - it will be now be two years when we go back in November! Don't think I will be able to wait that long ever again. Silly question, how do you know if someone else is DIS member? Did I at one time see some sort of key tags that some people use? Would be fun to meet up with some other DIS or DVC members on our next trip.

I'm can relate because I'm not very patient. Especially, when it comes to an upcoming Disney trip. There is a lot of time to plan and enjoy the anticipation and then it's over so quick.
I'm not sure how others meetup from the DIS. DW told me she first started commenting on a trip report. :) The author eventually started a Facebook site for losing weight and she joined. She knew he'd be at WDW same time and we shared text messages when we were in the park... That's it...
Enjoy!

Last Day - A perfect and final day at Magic Kingdom

We have a 6:30 Magical Express reservation for the airport. This gives us plenty of time to enjoy Magic Kingdom one more time. We're up early enough to barely make rope drop. It's another beautiful day.

imagemrnt.jpg

Clear blue skies and it's in the low 70's today.

imagerma.jpg

imagetxrr.jpg

Looking back at the castle on our way to FantasyLand.

imagekmnt.jpg

Some ladies getting ready for the ball.

imagewxtc.jpg

Too cute.

imageadgo.jpg

Before doing new FantasyLand we ride Peter Pan and Pooh with no wait.

imagedcqu.jpg

Ariel's ride is a great place to take pictures while in a line.

imagelcsv.jpg

imagecyfz.jpg

imagexnn.jpg

A good shot of the new roller coaster under construction.

imagedds.jpg

FantasyLand is yet to crowd up and we walk on Small World easily.

imagedece.jpg

Some Polynesian Small World

imagepyot.jpg

imagesdx.jpg

The new FantasyLand landscape is great.

imagerzz.jpg

DSIL joins us and we have a snack at Gaston's

imagejdc.jpg

Getting serious.

imagenaug.jpg

Pork shank, brew and cinnamon bun.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
img0974rp.jpg

Hungry appetite

img0973xs.jpg

The day is just about half over but more fun still to go...

Thank you so much for the great TR. We are just new DVC members at BLT and we chose it because of the location. Seeing your pictures and reading your TR confirms we've made the right choice. Best wishes ....

DSIL joins us while we're having our snack. As we make our way over to Haunted Mansion, we notice something is different.

imageipo.jpg

The new Rapunzel bathroom area is open. Earlier in the week, this area was still showing under construction.

Inside men's room wall.

imagepju.jpg

It's a nice area and well themed.

imageqpva.jpg

imagellr.jpg

Looking back at the Rapunzel area from Haunted Mansion.

imagexgt.jpg

We get one more ride on our beloved HM.

imagenrq.jpg

We work the queue again.

imagelwwy.jpg

I wait to get her when her eyes are open.

imagegpyx.jpg

We make our way over to FutureWorld. Here's a shot of new FantasyLand as we bypass.

imageruy.jpg

We get a fast pass for Buzz and catch a little more of Push having fun with little kids.
We do the Stitch ride. Some guy got closed lined in the Stitch ride and slipped onto the floor. The cast member had to assist. That's a new one.
We had fun at the Laugh Floor. Jake picked DD during the hypnosis act. It was fun.
We ride Buzz and FP Space Mountain.
After Future World we do some pictures in the middle of park.

imageijn.jpg

imageomc.jpg

imagebal.jpg

I love this spot with Walt and Mickey.

imagewnt.jpg

imagegqvj.jpg

Getting close to dinner time. I'll wrap up the trip with next post.

Thank you so much for the great TR. We are just new DVC members at BLT and we chose it because of the location. Seeing your pictures and reading your TR confirms we've made the right choice. Best wishes ....
I love to hear about new owners! Your going to love your choice of BLT !
Yes, location to us is huge. The rooms are great. I like the sleeper in the living room and the two queen beds in the studio when we've had the 2 bedroom suite. I like the vibe at the Contemporary with the monorail going through. I'm a big fan of the Boardwalk area but the MK area rocks too. We enjoy walking to MK or taking the resort monorail to the other resorts. Some complain about the lack of theming but the contemporary theme for us is great.
When is your first trip?
Enjoy! :wizard:

Hmm… maybe a few more rides before dinner?

img0987lx.jpg

No Dole Whip today but it's still a nice spot for a shot.

img0992no.jpg

We bypass Tiki Room for one last ride on Pirates.

img1002mw.jpg

img1004kr.jpg

We had one of my favorite slushy drinks before the Country Bears.

img1006ho.jpg

Chillin' before Country Bears.

img1007bi.jpg

Before riding Transit Authority and Space Mountain, I get a nice shot of the Walt and Mickey looking down Main Street. It is an amazing day.

img0985cu.jpg

At dinner, I get a nice shot of the Castle. It is an amazing day.

img1010jw.jpg

Waiting for dinner looking out over MK.

imagekzm.jpg

Dinner is at the Terrace in Tommorowland. To my surprise they have the lobster roll.

img1013jj.jpg

img1014d.jpg

A friend shares our dinner.

img1016jj.jpg

On our way out, we do some last minute gift shopping.

We get some candy for our DS we left at home. He's a senior in HS. I have to take him to many Yankee games to make up for missing this trip. :)

img1018aq.jpg

img1020mb.jpg

Goodbye, for now, Magic Kingdom.

It's sad to leave our "home".

We get over to CR in plenty of time to do some more shopping.

We wait for Magic Express. It ends up being a little late.

This is not the Magical Express. It's just the waiting area in front of CR.

img1022e.jpg

Time to go.

img1023pv.jpg

Our bus driver was fun and telling jokes. We had a couple stops at resorts before making our way to the airport.

That's it for the main TR. I'll continue on with a few bonus pictures, my traditional critters post and some panoramic shot.
Only the memories remain...

If your new to DVC or have any questions, feel free to post. Thanks and hope you enjoyed my TR !!!

One more picture post from me, thanks for reading my Dad's trip report! :wave:

Dad and I love Space Mountain, but Mom seems to have a serious case of "The Clamp".
5f792aab-2afb-4ca0-803d-9dd070e54dba.jpg

Rapunzel's Rest Stop before the walls came down
0652d52a-4bf6-4ad7-9903-80e8744f741d.jpg

And After
855499ee-6ebc-4c4c-8ca8-1870c14d79ec.jpg

Mom with her Animales Fantasticos
1a60b9ae-722f-450a-905f-b4265142a7dc.jpg

We really enjoyed the performers in France this trip.
557eb8d3-9d92-4b9a-a554-31513a411890.jpg

5be82f97-c25a-400b-9a8c-22c5ddd0b8d6.jpg

Mom and I on the happiest street in the world!
447cff26-4a5a-4b4f-8ee8-e5b1d0fc307e.jpg

Dad and Mom enjoying Dumbo
cf5c00a3-c659-4137-8564-a2140740476c.jpg

As seasoned WDW fans, we fit right in wherever we go... Arg!
17fed043-e06a-4b1c-ae56-6e05bbdd3854.jpg

And finally we met lots of Characters on this trip.
4a82a6bc-78ad-42fd-9ebe-17a119e524c1.jpg

603d954f-a146-40d6-82ac-67dd19722ddf.jpg

And I think they were relieved to take some photos with someone who wasn't going to tug on their tails... hence the kisses!
8532bb71-dc2a-478c-9160-3050946a7b83.jpg

5528d98a-baf7-4181-9a31-b9a80f2734b2.jpg

42081f74-3c52-41f6-ba42-56dbfc361dd8.jpg

Thanks again for following this TR! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter