Third theater construction at Epcot's Soarin'

micdisney

Earning My Ears
Soarin' will be getting a third theater with a new film and projection system. This is due to the new 'Soaring Over the Horizon' attraction at Shanghai Disney.

Do you guys think Soarin' needs a new theater?

I think it will help the line time which is always good.

Do you like that it will have a new film and projection system?

I like the current film and I liked the projection system that Mark Sumner created with the erector set.

Soarin' desperately needs a new theater and an overhaul. The film transitions are jarring as they are now. I think that could be done much smoother, and it would seem much more modern. They also need a way to keep the screens clean and in good repair. I find the spots to be distracting.

Well...

Ok there's no way to polish this...

Adding extra space to existing rides to wdw - with their prices and profits...

Is low rent. IF they continue to stretch out the timelines on new investments.

If they snap out of it...I retract

I just wish there was a new Soarin' "movie" to see. What I really enjoyed is how Star Tours has 50+ different combinations of the ride, so you can go on it over and over and never get the same experience. While I love Soarin'...it has been the same for a decade. Is it so hard to change the "movie"?

I wonder how they're going to disguise/cover up the third building... that thing is massive!

Soarin_Full_24998.jpg

Soarin' will be getting a third theater with a new film and projection system. This is due to the new 'Soaring Over the Horizon' attraction at Shanghai Disney.

Do you guys think Soarin' needs a new theater?

I think it will help the line time which is always good.

Do you like that it will have a new film and projection system?

I like the current film and I liked the projection system that Mark Sumner created with the erector set.
Construction on the third theater is already underway. Its not a rumor, it is fact. However, a third theater isn't necessary for a new film or projection system. It just so happens that both are coming at the same time that the 3rd theater is built. Note that at DCA, there are no plans to add a third theater.

I think adding a theater in WDW is a good idea considering how long the standby lines are for the current attraction. Standby waits of over an hour are common, even after the attraction has been open for 10 years now.

The new projection system and screen have made a marked improvement in California, with the existing "film". Its a nice upgrade.

I think adding a theater in WDW is a good idea considering how long the standby lines are for the current attraction. Standby waits of over an hour are common, even after the attraction has been open for 10 years now.

Would that be because nothing followed? And the crowds are just larger in the larger park complex?

To be fair to soarin...it's a good ride.

But it was built as a "middle tier" ride...

Not the teacups...not space mountain.

And it was built as a middle tier a DCA...a half built park in 2001.

Just like midway mania in DCA...middle tier.

There could actually be a correlation there...

Saw it once, don't need to see it again. For my wife and I, it isn't an E-Ticket. I think we would rate it similar to Peter Pan. To us, not worth standing in line or using a Fast Pass. Of course, neither of us cared for Test Track either. Then again, we really don't use Fast Pass; even though we make some reservations, we probably only use about 25% of them.

Would that be because nothing followed? And the crowds are just larger in the larger park complex?
I don't think that follows. If it were the case then wouldn't there be hour long standby lines at all the other attractions? At least at Epcot?

And it was built as a middle tier a DCA...a half built park in 2001.

Just like midway mania in DCA...middle tier.

Hmmm, You've named two DCA rides that have some pretty long standby wait times. Maybe Radiator Springs Racer has longer lines. How are you deciding what is "middle tier"?

I don't think that follows. If it were the case then wouldn't there be hour long standby lines at all the other attractions? At least at Epcot?

Hmmm, You've named two DCA rides that have some pretty long standby wait times. Maybe Radiator Springs Racer has longer lines. How are you deciding what is "middle tier"?

There really are no other rides at EPCOT...I think that's the point.

As far as middling...I wound put California screamin and grizzly rapids as the "premier" rides of
DCAs opening slate...
Midway mania is barley a middle ride on its merits...but the toy story tie in elevated its appeal/value.

Construction on the third theater is already underway. Its not a rumor, it is fact. However, a third theater isn't necessary for a new film or projection system. It just so happens that both are coming at the same time that the 3rd theater is built. Note that at DCA, there are no plans to add a third theater.

The new projection system and screen have made a marked improvement in California, with the existing "film". Its a nice upgrade.
Don't you think tho that if they added more to do at Epcot in future world that waits would go down at soarin. Look at TSMM in DHS if there was more to do there wait times would go down. Compared to wait times for soarin and TSMM in DCA the WDW are usually much longer. DCA has more attractions than both DHS and Epcot.

the third theater is only that little section of metal in the back near the crane. The large blueish building is the current two theaters.

Thank you for clearing that up! I don't know why I've never noticed it before... or I guess I have and it really didn't bother me.

Don't you think tho that if they added more to do at Epcot in future world that waits would go down at soarin. Look at TSMM in DHS if there was more to do there wait times would go down. Compared to wait times for soarin and TSMM in DCA the WDW are usually much longer. DCA has more attractions than both DHS and Epcot.

However, DCA TSMM doesn't take fastpass, so the the wait was longer for us than we have ever waited for WDW TSMM. I do think the long waits are due to lack of attractions. Maybe Froway will pull some people away. Keepin' my fingers crossed that they are going to try to alleviate the long waits, at least at DHS.

The new Frozen Norway Pavillion in World Showcase that's opening in May is going to attract a lot of guest so maybe that will also help the lines.

The new Frozen Norway Pavillion in World Showcase that's opening in May is going to attract a lot of guest so maybe that will also help the lines.
Yes but Epcot needs more than a change to an existing attraction. They need more total attractions to spread guests out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter