Third theater construction at Epcot's Soarin'

There really are no other rides at EPCOT...I think that's the point.
I guess I'm still not understanding you. There are something like 20 other attractions at Epcot. Some of them are lame, I'd certainly agree, but not all of them.

Don't you think tho that if they added more to do at Epcot in future world that waits would go down at soarin. Look at TSMM in DHS if there was more to do there wait times would go down. Compared to wait times for soarin and TSMM in DCA the WDW are usually much longer. DCA has more attractions than both DHS and Epcot.
Yes, with a given crowd level spread out over a larger number of attractions the lines for each individual attraction would be shorter. However, a new attraction might be the catalyst to increase attendance at that park as well.

The new Frozen Norway Pavillion in World Showcase that's opening in May is going to attract a lot of guest so maybe that will also help the lines.

Yes but Epcot needs more than a change to an existing attraction. They need more total attractions to spread guests out.

The two above posts are an interesting illustration of how different people see the issue. Will Frozen attract a lot of guests and shorten the lines? Or is some other attraction needed to spread things out?

I don't think Frozen will really shorten lines in Epcot; I think what will happen is that Frozen will attract more,many more, people to Epcot than currently go. The lines will be long at Frozen, but after people are already in the park for that attraction, they will wander over to the others and those lines may actually increase in size over the current lengths. Don't think many people will just go to Epcot for one ride and then leave.

What would you suggest as new rides they could build?
Epcots future world is in need of a revamp. There are empty pavilions. Disney love using IP right now so they could use inside out in various places in Epcot. Innoventions needs work. The imagination pavilion needs to updated. The universe of energy is terribly outdated. Future world is about the future not the past.

Literally anything inside Wonders of Life and a Ratatouille ride at French pavillion, just to name a few.
Would you add or remove stuff from the France pavilion? I agree a Ratatouille ride would be a good idea I just wanna know where you would put it in France.

Epcots future world is in need of a revamp. There are empty pavilions. Disney love using IP right now so they could use inside out in various places in Epcot. Innoventions needs work. The imagination pavilion needs to updated. The universe of energy is terribly outdated. Future world is about the future not the past.
I agree Epcot is in need of renovations so they can continue Walt's idea of a Community of Tomorrow

I guess I'm still not understanding you. There are something like 20 other attractions at Epcot. Some of them are lame, I'd certainly agree, but not all of them.

Yes, with a given crowd level spread out over a larger number of attractions the lines for each individual attraction would be shorter. However, a new attraction might be the catalyst to increase attendance at that park as well.

The two above posts are an interesting illustration of how different people see the issue. Will Frozen attract a lot of guests and shorten the lines? Or is some other attraction needed to spread things out?
Epcot needs to better utilize existing spaces as well. Universe of energy and imagination pavilions are in need of some help. Then you have buildings like wonders of life that are only used at certain times.

I have to agree with the previous poster that said it doens't need a third theater, what is really needed is something people want to do in future world. As much as I want to say HS is a waste of time, it even after everything that is closing this fall/winter it still has a lot more options than future world does.

S
...and I liked the projection system that Mark Sumner created with the erector set.

Just a nit:

The thing Mark Sumner created with an erector set had nothing whatsoever to do with the projection system. That was a crude model of what became the ride system. Basically it demonstrated how you could have 3 rows of benches front to back on the ground in the theater for loading/unloading which transformed into three rows vertically during the actual ride.

When the projection system changes out, the theater will simply go from projecting a film made out of, well, actual film, to projecting a film digitally. You might notice a change in the film image, but that will be the only change you notice. The theater and ride system will remain the same.

When the projection system changes out, the theater will simply go from projecting a film made out of, well, actual film, to projecting a film digitally. You might notice a change in the film image, but that will be the only change you notice.
Correct, except that the screen itself will also change. The new screens have smaller holes and are brighter because of a new reflective surface.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter