Third Time's the Charm! A June, Oct/Nov and Dec '19 PTR complete 12/22!

October Trip Update- Plus a New Possible Trip

Since coming home from our trip, we've both been working a ton.

giphy.gif

But, we actually had a day off together on Sunday! We (mainly I and Mike just went along with it) decided to take a mini road trip to Lehigh, PA. I had seen on FB a few days prior some souvenir cups for Toy Story at a drive-in theater in PA and it's been a strange wish of mine for a while to go to a drive-in theater so this seemed like the time to make it happen!

The best part was, the theater does double features and the combo was Toy Story 4 and Aladdin- and for only $10! So we made a day of it, did some light hiking trails, ate at a place claiming to have Lehigh Valley's best BBQ (I haven't had any of the rest of it but this was just ok) and headed to the theater.

mountains.JPG

toy story selfie.JPGtoy story cups.JPG

It's kinda hard to see my shirt but it's got all the Toy Story toys on it! DBF surprised me with it from Primark the other day and it's super cute. And the souvenir cups!! I can't turn down a souvenir cup ever and these were so adorable! They had a Woody's hat popcorn bucket too but it was so large and ridiculous, I couldn't justify getting it.

I loved both movies! Toy Story made me cry at the end and I really liked Aladdin especially Jasmine's new song. DJ Khaled in the credits was kinda odd though.

giphy.gif

We used the drive to talk about our October/November trip (and to finish season 1 of the Serial podcast which totally frustrated me lol) and we've decided to make some changes!

The way our days fall, all of our Universal plans are from October 26-30. This wasn't intentional, but now it seems to make sense to do our trip as a split stay.

So now our trip looks like this:

10/24-10/26: Coronado Springs with Disney dining plan

coronado springs.JPG

We never get the dining plan- I've done the math and it just doesn't work for us. With this reservation only being two days though, we can actually come out ahead with it. It will get us refillable mugs to use for our entire stay and we can use the credits to our advantage.

10/26-10/30: Universal area hotel. Not sure we'll actually stay on Universal property unless we can find a great deal but I'm looking at the Doubletree or the Holiday Inn at the entrance to Universal which are both cheap, get good reviews and are across the street from the parks

10/30-11/9: officially adding the extra day and back to Disney property. Still weighing out options on whether to stay at Movies for this part or a different resort. I looked into renting DVC points but since it's so close, nothing was available.

With these changes, we've changed up the plans a bit for our first few days

10/24: Same plan, ADR at Crystal Palace and MNSSHP. I booked the Cruella's Halloween Hide-a-way event when it was announced last week and was able to score it at the glitch pricing of $69 a person instead of $99! Depending on the MNSSHP specialty treats, we'll likely use snack credits to try some.

10/25: Our ADR was for Sanaa where we would share the bread service and an entree which isn't conducive to the DDP. We changed our ADR to Boma dinner. I also set up a MD alert for Storybook Dining. I didn't like the food here at all in February but DBF is upset that I went without him and wants to try it. The price makes it a perfect use of a DDP credit and it's probably the only way I'd be willing to go back.

The plan is still to go to HS for EEMH then come back to the resort to nap. After our nap, we'll head to Epcot for a few hours to use our snack credits for food and wine booths before heading to AKL. Depending on how we feel after, we can either head back to Epcot for the new fireworks show or back to the resort for an early night.

I was able to get the upgraded magicbands for our resort stay finally! The choices were limited but I got the castle one and got Mike the groot.
grootandcastle bands.JPG

New Trip Plans!

As I'm sure everyone heard, Disney announced AP previews for SWGE. DBF isn't eligible as he has a Florida Gold Pass AP but my coworker who I travelled with in February and I are hoping to get in for one and will make a quick trip down if we can! I've booked Pop as a placeholder just in case!

December Trip

You may remember a while back, I had thrown around the idea of making a trip with my sister in December. She officially thinks she can go so we've moved ahead with plans. We've changed dates to 12/13-12/17. The plans so far are:

12/13 and 12/14: OI meetup at Universal. We have Boma breakfast booked on the 14th but otherwise are leaving the morning and afternoons open for resort hopping for Christmas decorations and DS time.

12/15: Brunch at Trail's End at 1:30 (new to both of us), then MVMCP

12/16: Epcot, hoping to book a Candelight processional package next week

12/17: I was able to score a reservation for the new character breakfast at Topolino which will be opening 12/16. I wasn't able to get one for opening day but this is part of the reason we pushed our days back.

We still have to look into flights and decide where to stay but I'm excited!

Also, if anyone else is addicted to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite like I am, please add me as a friend!
harry potter code.JPG

But, we actually had a day off together on Sunday! We (mainly I and Mike just went along with it) decided to take a mini road trip to Lehigh, PA. I had seen on FB a few days prior some souvenir cups for Toy Story at a drive-in theater in PA and it's been a strange wish of mine for a while to go to a drive-in theater so this seemed like the time to make it happ

Saw this on your insta and was so jel! I am dying to go to a drive in! It’s the little things in life right?!?

I was able to get the upgraded magicbands for our resort stay finally! The choices were limited but I got the castle one and got Mike the groot.

Ugh jel of the castle! I wanted it but every time it was available what Dillon wanted wasn’t, or what Dillon wanted was available and the castle wasn’t! The sacrifices we make for our children!

This SW preview is driving me insane!!!! I’m glad I’m not the only one stalking!

Saw this on your insta and was so jel! I am dying to go to a drive in! It’s the little things in life right?!?

It definitely is! Even though it was kinda far, I would go again. It was much more fun than a regular movie theater !

Ugh jel of the castle! I wanted it but every time it was available what Dillon wanted wasn’t, or what Dillon wanted was available and the castle wasn’t! The sacrifices we make for our children!

This SW preview is driving me insane!!!! I’m glad I’m not the only one stalking!

Ugh so frustrating! I saw the next day a super cute Haunted Mansion one was on there and I wished I had waited!

It’s driving me insane too. I hope they just release them soon so we can either get in or not get in and be done with it already haha.

It definitely is! Even though it was kinda far, I would go again. It was much more fun than a regular movie theater !

Now I’m looking up drive ins! Haha. I have problems

Ugh so frustrating! I saw the next day a super cute Haunted Mansion one was on there and I wished I had waited!

It’s driving me insane too. I hope they just release them soon so we can either get in or not get in and be done with it already haha.
Totally how it works, I think I’ll be happy anyway. Mine arrive today and tomorrow.... fingers crossed none of dillons were canceled!

I know if I need to adjust my actual trip I want to know already! I have plans to confirm people!!

That's such a great deal! I've always wanted to go to a drive in too. The souvenir cups are adorable!

The updates to your October trip sound good!

oOoO that would be fun if you can get in for SWGE previews!

Glad you'll get to go in December with your sis!

Now I’m looking up drive ins! Haha. I have problems

Totally how it works, I think I’ll be happy anyway. Mine arrive today and tomorrow.... fingers crossed none of dillons were canceled!

I know if I need to adjust my actual trip I want to know already! I have plans to confirm people!!

I don’t see it a a problem lol !

Seriously they have to know people are stressing over this !

That's such a great deal! I've always wanted to go to a drive in too. The souvenir cups are adorable!

The updates to your October trip sound good!

oOoO that would be fun if you can get in for SWGE previews!

Glad you'll get to go in December with your sis!

It was so much fun and a great deal!

Thank you !

The drive in looks like fun. I haven't gone, but some of my friends like the one in Vineland, too.

All of your plans look great. Crossing my fingers for you on the AP previews!

The drive in looks like fun. I haven't gone, but some of my friends like the one in Vineland, too.

All of your plans look great. Crossing my fingers for you on the AP previews!

It was a lot of fun! I wish we had one closer because I would see a lot more movies that way.

Thank you!

Saturday, October 26 plans

With our new split stay plans, we will be checking out of Coronado Springs this morning.

We haven't decided which hotel we'll stay at for the Universal portion of the trip but we're considering either the Endless Summer resort or either the Doubletree or Holiday Inn across the street from Universal.

The plan for the day is

volcano bay.jpg
(picture stolen from google)

Volcano Bay!

We've never been and I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

Park hours are listed as 10 am - 6 pm. The goal is to get there for "rope drop". Orlando Informer lists it as a slow crowd day but with Florida afternoon rain, I think the best strategy is to get there as early as possible.

I know almost NOTHING about Volcano Bay so if anyone has been and has any tips on what to do/eat/see, I'm accepting any and all of them!

giphy.gif

I'm assuming we'll be done in the park around 3 or 4 pm and will go check-in to whatever hotel we're staying at.

After we get settled and shower/change, the plan is to head to Disney Springs.

It may seem silly to be going back to Disney property right after starting the Universal portion of the trip but we're going to still have active quick service credits from our two day dining plan.

So the plan for dining tonight is

polite pig.jpg

The Polite Pig!

My research has shown this is one of the best uses of a QS credit and it's been on our DS list to try so it's the perfect time! I think we'll probably be there too late to get the cookies everyone talks about but if they're there, we're getting them!

Hopefully we'll also be able to do the Wreck-It Ralph VR also since we didn't get to do it on our June trip.

The only other plan is to stop in Goofy's Candy Co if we have any snack credits remaining. Otherwise, we'll just see whatever we want to see in DS and then head back to the hotel.

Exciting plans! Once and DH and I will be in Disney the same time as your December trip and will be at the MVMCP on the 15th!

Lucky getting the Cruella for $69! Totally didn't know that happened. Mad that I missed it!! lol I think if we do go in August and do the first party I may add the Cruella event to one of the nights!

I've never been to Volcano Bay but Tim Tracker does a great job with showing the park. I feel like I know all about it now ! haha

Exciting plans! Once and DH and I will be in Disney the same time as your December trip and will be at the MVMCP on the 15th!

Lucky getting the Cruella for $69! Totally didn't know that happened. Mad that I missed it!! lol I think if we do go in August and do the first party I may add the Cruella event to one of the nights!

I've never been to Volcano Bay but Tim Tracker does a great job with showing the park. I feel like I know all about it now ! haha

Oo awesome ! Maybe we’ll see each other this time lol.

I wouldn’t have known without the MNSSHP thread lol. I’m usually against paying for another event when we’re already paying for party tickets but this one sounds fun.

Oo I’m not sure if i ever watched his Volcano Bay videos- I’ll have to go back and look for them! Thanks!

The Groot and Rocket one is my favorite! I've had it for a couple years now, and I wear it every trip.

I know almost NOTHING about Volcano Bay so if anyone has been and has any tips on what to do/eat/see, I'm accepting any and all of them!

I've never been either, but I've read and watched some stuff on it when we were thinking of going. I don't think the crowds have been too bad lately, but I know the aqua coaster is the most popular ride. You can rent loungers there for like $30 I think (at least that's what they were when the park opened) and they have shade. And I know they have rainbow ice cream at one of the stands that looks really cool.

The Groot and Rocket one is my favorite! I've had it for a couple years now, and I wear it every trip.

I've never been either, but I've read and watched some stuff on it when we were thinking of going. I don't think the crowds have been too bad lately, but I know the aqua coaster is the most popular ride. You can rent loungers there for like $30 I think (at least that's what they were when the park opened) and they have shade. And I know they have rainbow ice cream at one of the stands that looks really cool.

Thank you! I've just started reading some things and watching vlogs and it seems a lot less overwhelming now lol.

The loungers sound great and reasonable in price. I think we'll definitely do that.

Oo rainbow ice cream sounds right up my alley!

Thank you! I've just started reading some things and watching vlogs and it seems a lot less overwhelming now lol.

The loungers sound great and reasonable in price. I think we'll definitely do that.

Oo rainbow ice cream sounds right up my alley!

Yeah planning wise I don’t think there’s a lot to do for VB, and the crowds seem to have calmed down from what I’ve heard since opening once they figured it all out (although that may be time of the year dependent). Timtracker does a lot of VB vlogs.

A251CB11-F6DA-449B-A835-892BB3D09B8E.jpeg

ADR Planning

March 25 is a rough day for me. I'm an Emergency Room nurse and today marks 2 years since I was attacked by a patient at work who attempted to choke me with wires connecting him to a cardiac monitor. Fortunately, I did not suffer any lasting physical injuries but I still struggle mentally with the incident. I am lucky to have a great support system in my family, friends and coworkers and last year he was sent to prison for his actions.

It is easiest for me to keep busy today so what better to do than try to map out our ADRS?!

Our ADR day is about a month away on April 27th and I'm frustrated because Disney hasn't released
1. Park Hours
2. MVMCP dates
3. Food and Wine dates

:faint:

I mean they're turned us into these master planners but then only given us half the info we need!

The most important to me are the dates for MVMCP because we will change our trip dates to allow us to attend the first party if we need to but for how, I'm just hoping it follows the same schedule as last year.

The hardest part of picking ADRs to me is balancing our old favorites to return to with new places I want to try.

Old Favorites

View attachment 390628

Hoop-dee-doo has quickly become one of our must-dos on every trip! The food is good, the show cracks me up every time and it's not hard to win me over with unlimited sangria! A certain PTR writer may have over-indulged on the sangria last time and tortured DBF wandering through the campsites wanting to find more dogs to pet...:rolleyes1

My plan is to book the 4 pm show on 10/30 and hopefully enjoy the Return to Sleepy Hollow event afterwards as well as enjoying some of the Halloween festivities taking place at the Fort.

View attachment 390630
Crystal Palace is another restaurant we eat at almost every trip. The food isn't anything new or amazing, but it is always good and we always enjoy our meal. We prefer breakfast but last year we booked lunch here before MNSSHP and it worked out perfectly so that is the plan again this year.

View attachment 390632 View attachment 390633

Sanaa- we ate here for the first time last October and not to no-one's surprise, we fell in love with the famous bread service. Plus, who can pass up eating with this great view of a zebra so close! I'm happy that DBF has recently decided to try Indian food and like it so that we were finally able to eat here!

View attachment 390634

Kona Cafe- Tonga Toast and a mimosa flight (including one with the POG juice!) - need I say more?

View attachment 390636
View attachment 390637

Ohana- DBF requested to eat here again and most of the time when I asked where he wants to eat I get "I don't care" so I like to accommodate when I get an actual answer!

View attachment 390638

Yak and Yeti- this is another of our must-dos where we eat every trip. We have the Landry's card so we won't actually make an ADR but it's at the top of our favorites list!

View attachment 390639 View attachment 390640

Bon Voyage Breakfast- the food is delicious, Tangled and the Little Mermaid are 2 of my favorite movies, and I can start the morning with mimosas and princes!

New Restaurants

California Grill brunch- I've been watching tons of vlogs and reading reviews here on the Dis that have made me put this on my must-do list. The only concern I have is the Sunday that we can do this is the day of the Post-Race party at Epcot and I was hoping to be able to take advantage of the opportunity to come back at night and watch the fireworks

Be Our Guest dinner- we've eaten at BOG many times for all meals since it opened but haven't tried dinner since it switched menus

Plaza lunch- we ate here for breakfast in November last year on the first day they had breakfast and it was delicious. I discovered my love for fried green tomatoes in Savannah so that sandwich is calling to me! I think this will make a good pre- MVMCP meal

Biergarten- our World Showcase go-to is Rose and Crown but there's so many options that I want to try something new. The show here looks fun and a liter of beer is always a good option in my book

Trail's End brunch- I've wanted to try Trail's End for a while and the brunch options sound delicious

Homecomin'- we had a reservation here last trip and cancelled it to meet up with friends so I'd like to actually try it this time

Beaches and Cream- I'm pretty sure we did eat lunch here once but I think it was on our trip a couple years ago in July where I was getting heat exhaustion and I don't remember it at all so I'd like to give it another chance. I'm thinking on a HS day it would be a good alternative.

Wine Bar George- another restaurant we had a reservation for last year and canceled to go to the Post-Race party. I've read reviews and the steak looks delicious and I want to try the Frose!

Sorry for the lengthy post! It's a long list but with 15 nights, we have a lot of meals to eat! I'll only be able to make ADRs for our first 10 days initially, and then will have to go back and do our remaining days which is annoying but it worked out okay last year. If anyone has eaten at any of the new places we're considering and has any good or bad things to share, I'd love to hear them!
Hello! My roommate and I will be in Walt Disney World during your stay (October 22-28). Something tells me that we have similar taste in food OR we just like better quality food and end up at the same places. I've got an ADR for the Plaza, Be Our Guest, and dinner at the California Grill. The only restaurant the roomie was interested in was Bongo's so I had that made for him. Like your situation, when they let you have free reign for the most part, you just gotta acquiesce on those occasions. Thankfully, the universe agrees with me and decided to close the restaurant at Disney Springs. I went lookin' for Homecomin' reservations and came up nada so I went with the Edison, instead. He actually had seen videos of it after I told him it was booked. But I might change it closer to the desired date hoping for a cancellation. Regardless, I'm sure we will enjoy ourselves. Beaches and Cream was a must do but I have heard that it will be undergoing renovations at the time so we might have to skip that one. And I made an ADR for Ohana for breakfast, just in case. We will see how money goes. He is a huuuuge Star Wars fan so he might buy too many souvenirs and we'll have to cancel. I'll wave if I see you!

Last edited:
Yeah planning wise I don’t think there’s a lot to do for VB, and the crowds seem to have calmed down from what I’ve heard since opening once they figured it all out (although that may be time of the year dependent). Timtracker does a lot of VB vlogs.

View attachment 414185

Not having to go too crazy planning sounds nice for once! I’m all for planning out my Disney trips but sometimes it’s nice to know you can just show up!

Oo that ice cream looks fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter