Third Time's the Charm! A June, Oct/Nov and Dec '19 PTR complete 12/22!

Hello! My roommate and I will be in Walt Disney World during your stay (October 22-28). Something tells me that we have similar taste in food OR we just like better quality food and end up at the same places. I've got an ADR for the Plaza, Be Our Guest, and dinner at the California Grill. The only restaurant the roomie was interested in was Bongo's so I had that made for him. Like your situation, when they let you have free reign for the most part, you just gotta acquiesce on those occasions. Thankfully, the universe agrees with me and decided to close the restaurant at Disney Springs. I went lookin' for Homecomin' reservations and came up nada so I went with the Edison, instead. He actually had seen videos of it after I told him it was booked. But I might change it closer to the desired date hoping for a cancellation. Regardless, I'm sure we will enjoy ourselves. Beaches and Cream was a must do but I have heard that it will be undergoing renovations at the time so we might have to skip that one. And I made an ADR for Ohana for breakfast, just in case. We will see how money goes. He is a huuuuge Star Wars fan so he might buy too many souvenirs and we'll have to cancel. I'll wave if I see you!

:welcome:Awesome to hear we’ll be there at the same time! It’s my favorite time of year.

Great minds think alike! I do love good food.

Funny you say that about Bongos- my coworker is going soon and said his sister wanted to eat there and I said really with so many other places ? Then they announced it was closing!:rotfl:

There’s so many good restaurants in DS these days it’s hard to choose!

I’m not a huge Star Wars fan and i already have a huge list of souvenirs I want so i can only imagine how bad it is for the diehard fans !!

Let's Talk Cruises!

We haven't done much planning recently.

The one thing we did was book the Candelight Processional Package for our sister trip in December! We booked Biergarten for 12/16 for the last show. Biergarten will be new for both of us (unless I eat there in October) and neither of us has seen the CP since my sister's 21st birthday trip in 2015.

In the meantime, we're working on our vacation plans for 2020!

We aren't renewing our APs for 2020 because we're finally heading to Disneyland! We went back and forth about when to go a lot but decided on September so we can catch their Halloween season!

We're still planning on a short trip to WDW at the end of October for Halloween but the rest of the year is still open.

We're looking at a doing a cruise! I need opinions on what cruise line to pick though.

Obviously I'd love to do a Disney cruise but I don't think it's going to work out. I'm hoping my sister and her boyfriend will join us and he won't fly so we need to leave out of NY or NJ. I'm leaning towards Norwegian or Royal Caribbean. Anyone's experience or opinions would be appreciated!

You are going to LOVE Disneyland for Halloween season! So excited for you!

I've never done a cruise so I'm sorry I can't help there! But that sounds like it will be fun!

I bet it's going to feel weird with an AP for a year!

You are going to LOVE Disneyland for Halloween season! So excited for you!

I've never done a cruise so I'm sorry I can't help there! But that sounds like it will be fun!

I bet it's going to feel weird with an AP for a year!

I can't wait! I have a feeling seen the HM as NBC will be enough to make the whole trip worth it lol

It definitely is going to feel weird but I think it's the only way to make sure we get to DL lol. Every time we price out a DL trip, we decide it's so much easier and cheaper to go back to WDW while we have APs :rotfl:

We cruised NCL from NY in mid November a couple years back. It was an incredible deal for our crew because of kids cruise free, open bar, etc promotion. Being able to drive and park our van was a huge savings on airfare and so much less hassle than flying with car seat age kids.

That said, it was an unseasonable cold snap so 4 of the 8 days we were in coats when on deck. It wasn't until we made it down to Port Canaveral that we were comfortable, and the next day before it was hot enough to want to swim.

If I had to do it again, I would really try to pony up the money for airfare so that we could cruise out of Florida. Going from NY is a lot more days at sea just to get you down towards the tropics. If it's a matter of NY or nothing, sure, NY was a fun time for a great price. But if I had more flexibility in my budget, I'd use it towards cruising from Florida over, say, a better room category.

NCL itself was lovely. One of the things to keep in mind is that, because there's no scheduled dining time, all of the meals outside of the buffet are a wait to be seated. I forget exactly when, maybe 45 days before your trip (?), you can reserve online which I'd highly recommend. There's no cost to cancel and we walked past big lineups waiting to be seated a few times because we'd booked ahead.

I did my research for that trip on the cruise critic forums, and would suggest you do as well. Just like how Dis had so much more combined knowledge than any one blog or website, the people there had lots of great ideas, suggestions, etc for cruising in general and with NCL specifically.

We cruised NCL from NY in mid November a couple years back. It was an incredible deal for our crew because of kids cruise free, open bar, etc promotion. Being able to drive and park our van was a huge savings on airfare and so much less hassle than flying with car seat age kids.

That said, it was an unseasonable cold snap so 4 of the 8 days we were in coats when on deck. It wasn't until we made it down to Port Canaveral that we were comfortable, and the next day before it was hot enough to want to swim.

If I had to do it again, I would really try to pony up the money for airfare so that we could cruise out of Florida. Going from NY is a lot more days at sea just to get you down towards the tropics. If it's a matter of NY or nothing, sure, NY was a fun time for a great price. But if I had more flexibility in my budget, I'd use it towards cruising from Florida over, say, a better room category.

NCL itself was lovely. One of the things to keep in mind is that, because there's no scheduled dining time, all of the meals outside of the buffet are a wait to be seated. I forget exactly when, maybe 45 days before your trip (?), you can reserve online which I'd highly recommend. There's no cost to cancel and we walked past big lineups waiting to be seated a few times because we'd booked ahead.

I did my research for that trip on the cruise critic forums, and would suggest you do as well. Just like how Dis had so much more combined knowledge than any one blog or website, the people there had lots of great ideas, suggestions, etc for cruising in general and with NCL specifically.

Thank you so much for all the info! I will definitely be making use of those forums.

Your experience about it being too cold from NY half of the cruise has been one of my concerns. If it’s just me and DBF, I’m thinking we’ll cruise out of Miami or Port Canaveral. But I would like to be able to have my sister and her BF join us and he absolutely refuses to fly :confused3:confused3

Quick update with discounts!

Just a quick update today because I'm leaving for Nashville tonight around 10 pm when my sister gets out of work!

It's been such a crazy busy two weeks around here. My grandma had cataract surgery which thankfully went flawlessly. My brother's pediatrician found a heart murmur which he never had before so we visited the cardiologist yesterday, who said it's nothing to worry about and we're all SO relieved.

Disney released a bunch of discounts yesterday for the fall! It kept me busy all day arguing with the website to try to get clients booked. :scared:

I was able to get us a passholder discount for the first two nights 10/24-10/26 at Coronado Springs with the dining plan.

For the rest of our time on Disney property (10/30-11/9), availability was sooo limited. I was able to book a passholder rate at All-Star Movies from 11/5-11/9 but nothing for 10/30-11/5. I'm going to keep stalking it but if nothing comes up, hopefully I can call Disney and modify our original reservation down from 10/24-11/8 down to the dates we need.

I've been stalking the Magicband upgrades (as I'm sure many others are) and the other day some limited release options showed up for $15 which I never saw before. So, of course I took advantage.

LR magicbands.png

We also took a visit to the outlets the other day!

outletfinds.JPG

I also got a Star Wars tank that I failed to take a picture of but the deals were so good! Those ears were only $4.99 and the pins were $1.99!

That's all for now- I have to start packing!

Those are cool limited edition bands you were able to get!

I've always loved those patriotic ears, how awesome to get them for $5! And the pins for a steal too!

Those are cool limited edition bands you were able to get!

I've always loved those patriotic ears, how awesome to get them for $5! And the pins for a steal too!

Thanks!

I've felt the same way but never wanted to pay full price for them so I was so excited to see them so cheap!

I am literally SO annoyed at Disneys website after yesterday. I have wanted to throw everything at a wall lol I'm glad you were able to get through though! I was surprised by how little availability there was but knowing Disney they just rereleased whatever was cancelled from the last batch of free dining! lol

I am literally SO annoyed at Disneys website after yesterday. I have wanted to throw everything at a wall lol I'm glad you were able to get through though! I was surprised by how little availability there was but knowing Disney they just rereleased whatever was cancelled from the last batch of free dining! lol

Ugh yess it was like torture at some points lol. I ended up staying in incognito mode on Google Chrome most of the time and it worked much better. There was barely any availability and they barely included any moderates lol. You're probably right! How ridiculous.

I was able to get us a passholder discount for the first two nights 10/24-10/26 at Coronado Springs with the dining plan.
For the rest of our time on Disney property (10/30-11/9), availability was sooo limited.

Yay for getting a passholder discount for at least part of your stay.

My GF is going 11/1 to 11/4 and there weren't any discounts on Crescent Lake in any category. I'm sure it's because of the half marathon, but she's bummed. Hopefully you can piece something together.

Yay for getting a passholder discount for at least part of your stay.

My GF is going 11/1 to 11/4 and there weren't any discounts on Crescent Lake in any category. I'm sure it's because of the half marathon, but she's bummed. Hopefully you can piece something together.

Yeah i think it’s an effect of Halloween/ race weekend/ food and wine / jersey week crowds. I’m glad i booked Movies at the old rack rate. Hopefully Disney will let me modify the dates down.

New Resort Reservations!

Howdy y'all!

I'm back from a fantastic trip to Dollywood/Great Smoky Mountains/Nashville and Kentucky! It was so much fun and I've developed a new love of National Parks and hiking!

gsm.JPG
mountain top.JPGwings.JPG

While I was there, something great happened for our Disney trip!

If you remember, I wasn't able to get any kind of good discount for the 10/30- 11/5 portion of our trip. I'm subscribed to a few DVC rental sites newsletters and sometimes they post what are called "Confirmed Reservations". These reservations are made already by the DVC member and for whatever reason they can't use them and can't cancel them so the rental site will offer them at a discounted rate.

It's especially convenient when you're looking to rent DVC points for a time frame when there's no DVC room availability (like me)! I happened to check my email while we were waiting for a meal and there was a confirmed reservation available for the exact dates we needed at Old Key West!

The best part is it's costing barely more than the rack rate at Movies and we're actually saving money because we don't have to pay the parking fees!

This does mean we're changing resorts now FOUR TIMES! :scared::scared:

Our priority is going to be organized packing so that for the first two shorter stays of the trip, we can just unload what we need from the car.

So now our trip looks like this:

10/24-10/26: Coronado Springs with dining plan
10/26- 10/30: undecided Universal hote;
10/30-11/5: OKW
11/5- 11/9: All Star Music (got a passholder rate for $90 a night!)

I also added reservations for Olivia's for breakfast and dinner while we're staying there which will be new for us! If you've eaten there, please let me know your favorite dishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter