This Georgia Gal is Going To Disney!!(PTR) 4/5/10-4/9/10

Bree89

Mouseketeer
Hello everybody and welcome to my first PTR ever! I've never done this before so dont flame me if its too bland lol :blush: Anyway, my name is Bree(short for Brittney) and i'm 20 years old. I'm from Augusta, GA(where i've lived all my life) and i'm currently a college sophmore(soon to be junior! :teeth:) majoring in Early Childhood Education. I've never been anywhere outside the Georgia-Carolinas(well I went to Chattanooga once in 9th grade), so finding out we were going on a trip to Disney really caught me by surprise. Ever since I was little, I had always wanted to go to WDW, but we never could afford to go. When my sister and I would visit our grandma's house on spring break, my aunt, her son & I would always watch as a Horizon bus rolled into the neighborhood to take family across the street and their many relatives to WDW and my aunt would always say that "next year that will be us." Well, around August of last year my mom came to me with the news that my aunt's church was going to WDW in the spring and she asked if my sister and I wanted to go! I just about screamed! lol. And ever since that day, i've been preparing like no other, reading up on the parks, buying Disney items, making out my pack list, etc(my sister thinks that i'm a bit too excited about this lol). My aunt and I have been counting the days since we first found out about it and now it's only 2 weeks away! :cool1: We're only visiting two parks(MK & DHS), but i'm just excited to even get to go, especially since we'll be away from all of that madness the Masters golf tournament brings to our area :eek:. I most certainly cant wait for that Monday to get here!

We'll be with my aunt's church, but we all be able to split off into our groups once we reach the park!

Our group:

:upsidedow Me(20)

:rolleyes: Nesha(sister)(15)

:woohoo: Auntie Dot

:cool2: Micah(cousin)(11)

:flower3: Auntie Lois

:teeth: Q (cousin) (15)

Be back soon with my outfits I plan on wearing :teeth:

Hey Bree!! I'm a long-time lurker on the boards and got very bored at work today and decided to make a reply to your post my VERY FIRST POST! :yay: Congrats on going to WDW!!! You're going to love it! I'm also from GA, west of ATL. My old college roommate was from Augusta and she recently moved back there to go to GA Southern. I miss her :sad1: But hey, you're going to Disney! Congrats again! :goodvibes

Hey Bree!! I'm a long-time lurker on the boards and got very bored at work today and decided to make a reply to your post my VERY FIRST POST! :yay: Congrats on going to WDW!!! You're going to love it! I'm also from GA, west of ATL. My old college roommate was from Augusta and she recently moved back there to go to GA Southern. I miss her :sad1: But hey, you're going to Disney! Congrats again! :goodvibes

Hey! It's cool to meet another Georgian here lol. Aww @ ur friend moving back to GA Southern. Some of my friends attend that school and they said it was pretty good. I was thinking of going there at one time, but mom said stay home for the first year and now 3 years have passed and i'm still here! lol! And thanks for the congrats! I'm so excited to go:goodvibes

I cant post pics until I have 10 posts so the outfit pics will have to wait lol. Instead i'll just post the itinerary the church sent.

4/5/10-
11:30 pm: we'll board the bus at the church and leave for Florida:-)teeth: yay)

4/6/10-
8:00 am: Stop for breakfast

9:00 am- Arrive in Kissimmee

4:00 pm check into hotel
(between arriving and checking in, I guess we'll be sight seeing lol)

5:00 pm: go to Old Town

8:00 pm: get on the bus to head to dinner.

10 pm- head back to the hotel for bed

4/7/10
7:30 am- board the bus for breakfast

9:30 am- Arrive at Disney Hollywood Studios! :teeth:

8:00 pm- leave for dinner

4/8/10-
7:30 am- board the bus for breakfast

9:30 am- Arrive at Magic Kingdom! :woohoo: :teeth:

8:00 pm- leave for dinner

I'm a little sad that we'll miss Wishes, but maybe next time around we'll get to see it :guilty:

4/9/10-
7:30 am- board the bus for breakfast(kind of repetative huh? lol)

9:30 am- Leave Kissimmee for home :sad1:

And that's the itinerary for the week! :wizard:

Hi Bree!

I'm so excited for you! I love reading about first-timers' experiences. You will definitely have to post a thorough report when you get back. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I can't wait to see the outfits you've picked out. I love clothes! Probably a little too much. Haha

I can now post my outfits! :teeth:

Day 1:
546505_Striking_Purple.jpg

P10828671.jpg

flipflops.png

Day 2
100_16812.jpg

58978294-02.jpg

with red laces
sneakers.png

Day 3
mighty-fine-grey-mickey-mouse-ladies-t-shirt-from-mighty-fine.jpg

gp707912-00p01v01.jpg

I'll wear the same shoes from day 2

and of course....
mickeyears.jpg

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Hi everyone! Today I did a little shopping for the trip! I bought a few puzzle books & board games and a few few things to keep us clean while we're there lol. I also bought the Mini Mickey guidebook, which is pretty helpful so far(at least imo) and I finished a couple of T-shirts that aunt Dot asked me to make. I think they turned out pretty ok. I hope she likes them lol. Here's a pic of them:

100_16842.jpg

:) :) :) :)

I just found your PTR. You are going to have a blast. April will be a nice time to visit. Your outfits are very cute! :goodvibes

Hey again everyone! Tonite I have decided to do look for some touring plans that might save us time in line. I wanted to subscribe to Touring Plans.com(the little website in the Mini Mickey book), but my mom thinks its a scam and wont let me anywhere near it :rolleyes: So, I guess i'll have to find another means. I found a couple in the Mini Mickey book, but does anyone have any experience with those? Just wondering! :)

Woohoo! Tonight, I finished packing my bags! I still have a few little extra things to put in, but all in all, i'm all set! Only a few more days to go! :cool1:

100_1703.jpg

Today is the day! :woohoo: After almost 8 mos, the day that I had been anticipating has finally come! We just had few last minute things to pick up from the store, but other than that, we're pretty much done with everything! In just a few hours, we'll be leaving for my grandma's house and from there we'll head to the church. I don't know how many times I'm going say this, but I'm super excited! :teeth: I know this PTR wasn't much, but appreciate everyone who took some time to read it! I'll give a full trip report when I get back! Thanks so much everyone & i'll see you all later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter