This good be great news...I guess

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
This has been posted today:
The Disneyland Resort has released a new discount offer that is good for later this spring at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort.

The offer is similar in dates to one that just ended, but with slightly different discount rates and an extended booking window.

Stay most Sunday through Thursday nights from April 19th through June 18th and save up to 20%!

Can we assume that they wouldn't post a new discount, if they didn't think they'd be open by then....???

This gives me hope! I can't afford to stay onsite, but I'm happy for those that may be able to take advantage of this deal:) Thanks for sharing!

Just checked a random Mon-Wed, and it's the first time I've seen GCH rate under $500, outside of a convention. $497+ tax, to be exact. DLH/PPH down also, in scale.

Wow. Very interesting 12 months for the DLR... going back to last Spring's pre-SWGE specials, and the low-Summer that followed. And then a rebound in the Fall/Winter.

Good luck to all and hope some good trips can be made.

Last edited:

Just checked a random Mon-Wed, and it's the first time I've seen GCH rate under $500, outside of a convention. $497+ tax, to be exact. DLH/PPH down also, in scale.

Wow. Very interesting 12 months for the DLR... going back to last Spring's pre-SWGE specials, and the low-Summer that followed. And then a rebound in the Fall/Winter.

Good luck to all and hope some good trips can be made.
I checked a random weekend in October and it was under $700 🤔 interesting

I agree that they wouldn't release such an offer if they were confident they would be reopen by then.

I do think we will see some changes though.

Oregon just shut schools thru 4/28 and Washington is shut thru 4/24... while I would love to go to Disney in April with our schools shut, I am pessimistic :(

Oregon just shut schools thru 4/28 and Washington is shut thru 4/24... while I would love to go to Disney in April with our schools shut, I am pessimistic :(
I wouldn't expect past mid April, after all Disney can't afford to pay their cast members forever with the parks closed and they can't afford to have their cast members on unemployment, because then they have to be actively looking for a full time, permanent position and accept.it if one is offered. Which could result in Disney loosing up to 3/4 of it's workforce under such conditions and they couldn't get enough staff to reopen, let alone train them all.

So the reality is Disney won't have a choice but to reopen sometime in April is my guess, but early May could be a possibility, I just think it is unlikely it gets pushed out that far.

I could see them reopening in phases and Based on the OP, I would expect the parks to be fully reopen by the dates listed, but probably with major operational changes.

With the CDC ordering no gatherings of more than 50 people and the president no more than 10 for the next two months, I don't know how or why Disney would think they will be opening in April.

My guess is this was already set and someone failed to notify IT to not update/post.

I don't think Disney has any idea if they'll be open by then, really. I'm not optimistic that they'll be open by April, considering the governor of CA said today that students may not be back in school for the rest of the school year. I hope he's wrong, and I know he hopes he's wrong, but we'll see I guess. And the CDC recommendation of 8 weeks is halfway into May.

Even if the number of new cases somehow miraculously halts, nothing is going to open right back up to give it a chance to explode again. We aren't even near the "wait and see" period yet, and possibly won't be until a successful treatment is developed since a vaccine is probably even farther out.

This has been posted today:
The Disneyland Resort has released a new discount offer that is good for later this spring at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort.

The offer is similar in dates to one that just ended, but with slightly different discount rates and an extended booking window.

Stay most Sunday through Thursday nights from April 19th through June 18th and save up to 20%!

Can we assume that they wouldn't post a new discount if they didn't think they'd be open by then....???
This discount deal is lightly attractive. I am assuming that they would post a new discount. but this offer is not bad and I am planing the outside plan to see this discount offer. let's see what happened

I don't think Disney has any idea if they'll be open by then, really. I'm not optimistic that they'll be open by April, considering the governor of CA said today that students may not be back in school for the rest of the school year. I hope he's wrong, and I know he hopes he's wrong, but we'll see I guess. And the CDC recommendation of 8 weeks is halfway into May.
If you watched his announcement and paid attention to what he did, he didn't say they wouldn't be back in school, he said to prepare in case schools can't reopen before the end of the school year. There is a difference and it is nuanced, but he was essentially saying plan for the worst case.

I would love it if that comes to pass. With the President suggesting that it will be July or August before the virus slows down the curve, I am not planning on anything for spring or summer. I'm 100% all for everything opening ASAP and the virus being contained sooner, though.

If you watched his announcement and paid attention to what he did, he didn't say they wouldn't be back in school, he said to prepare in case schools can't reopen before the end of the school year. There is a difference and it is nuanced, but he was essentially saying plan for the worst case.
That’s true, but it also means we should be prepared for Disneyland not to reopen as well.

Shanghai Resort closed Jan 25th and a partial open of hotels, limited dining and shopping opened on March 9th. Its possible they are planning for a similar timeline for DL if they can.

The problem is that the government in Shanghai did all the right things to control the spread of the virus, so they are going to be back on their feet more quickly. On the other hand, this has been the worst U.S. response to a disaster since Hurricane Katrina, and the real problems with that will be coming in the next two weeks.

If you are looking at time frames for when things will get back to normal, you can't look at Asian countries. You have to look at Italy, which so far is the only country to respond as poorly to the virus as the U.S. I think it is likely the parks will not open until June at the earliest.

I wouldn't expect past mid April, after all Disney can't afford to pay their cast members forever with the parks closed and they can't afford to have their cast members on unemployment, because then they have to be actively looking for a full time, permanent position and accept.it if one is offered.

I think most states have waived the "actively looking" line item for unemployment, CA included. It's not feasible at this point in time.

California has not waived that as of yet as far as I have seen.
According to the state website, if you are temporarily out of work and plan to return to the same employer, you don't not need to meet the search for work requirement. I think this is why a lot of the travel-related businesses (hotels, etc) are choosing to lay off rather than pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter