This is a funny one.

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
I planted this perennial so long ago I cannot remember what it is.. Every Spring it starts to grow and it gets quite large and looks like it may flower and then it is gone, it has been eaten by some animal... I have never seen it bloom.. is there anything I put around the flower so that it will not get eated.. it could be bunnies, it could be a skunk, it could be these beavers or groundhogs, possums, racoons, I live next to wetlands and we call this place Wild Kingdom.. Any help would be appreciated..

Marsha, I make rings with chicken wire that can be plopped over the plant, open at the top. This keeps some critters away...definatly keeps the bunnies away. Good luck.

I love the story. Moles around here love to eat my bulbs, so I'll wait and wait, stare at the ground where my plants were supposed to come up, but nothing ever happens. Being eternally hopefully, I replant for the next year. I am sure I have the happiest, fattest moles in the neighborhood.

How funny! Surprise flower in the garden!!!:D

cmbelle,
we have had some success with baby powder on the bulbs before planting them. they do not like the stuff. but you have to dig them up and reapply each year.

Steve

Thanks for the idea. My cat has been helping by catching the moles and presenting me with their little dead bodies on my front porch.

I've heard that putting a child's pinwheel will deter some animals. I don't think they like the motion from the wind.
i like the chicken wire idea though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter