This is how they are replacing Splash Mountain, really???

I'm fine with whatever storyline. I just hope that they make the whole thing feel clean/updated/refreshed and don't take short cuts. I understand the ride itself will remain the same, but the scenery and tech should all be new, shiny, working well, etc. In short, better not be lipstick on a pig.
I am hoping they do reuse most all the current sets. It’s already a swamp setting so it should work out quite well to just reuse. Why rebuild new pieces? Do they need a good old refresh? You bet ya they do. But don’t build a new swamp frog when there’s a great swamp frog setting there

my 8 year old is sad that he won't see brer rabbit anymore. He has mentioned it more than once. Which I always thought strange, since he has no idea who brer rabbit is. But it's a cute bunny and that's all he sees. I'm sort of on the fence - I mean some of the animatronics were in sad shape and in dire need of updating. And why not change the theme to something new after 30 years? I think for repeat DW visitors, changing things up keeps it interesting. so while it's hard to see a fan favorite go away, it's fun to have an updated theme coming! Kind of refreshing to see a bunch of shiny new scenery and updated technology!

I'm going to hang in there and hope there will be more coming to this attraction than just a tour of Tiana's factory. I guess as long as it doesn't get to the end and some character says "We have found the secret ingredient and it's YOU, dear riders!"

I saw the Pecos Bill thing too. Not sure if Frontierland is going to end up becoming the Bayou instead. They do have the riverboat though

Friendly reminder to keep it friendly. Be careful to follow DIS guidelines. From this point on, warnings with points will be awarded to anyone breaking the posting rules.

After several years without many new attractions and dining changes, we're very much looking forward to the redesign of Tiana and a new restaurant option in Frontierland. I'll admit the theme of the restaurant fits perfectly in Disneyland's Orleans section and might be a little stretch in WDW, but I'm looking forward to something replacing Pecos Bills in the future.

I'm going to hang in there and hope there will be more coming to this attraction than just a tour of Tiana's factory. I guess as long as it doesn't get to the end and some character says "We have found the secret ingredient and it's YOU, dear riders!"

I saw the Pecos Bill thing too. Not sure if Frontierland is going to end up becoming the Bayou instead. They do have the riverboat though
not to sound like a mushroom, but what is the Pecos Bill "thing"? is that going away?

I agree . Story line looks awful. Is Dr. Facilier even going to be in the ride???? If not that’s a huge mistake
No inside knowledge, and nothing to base this on, BUT I think the bad Dr will return as a "friend from the other side", perhaps with some shadowy companions, to add the adventure element. Just a hunch.

I don’t know it. However it’s what they’ve done with the vast majority of their recent rides. Here’s hoping I’m wrong.
Yeah, I don't have a lot of faith on this one either. Although given the high profile nature of this redo, I'm hoping they'll step it up.

For every 1 thing people find to complain about you can easily point out 99 amazing things about Disney to offset. Social media has become an exercise is sifting through negative bias and yet remaining hopeful and positive about all the other amazing things Disney World brings to the table.

The Great Movie Ride was replaced, which was my absolute favorite attraction, and the world did not come to an end =).

I'm pretty excited at the thought of a retheme for Pecos Bill’s. It's always just been a convenient burger stop for us, and I like the solid-feeling tables and chairs, but a fresh, new quick service in that location with some Louisiana flavors really piques my interest.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter