• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

You post reminded me of something else I need to add to my list of things to do at Disney! I've never seen the fountain show.

I never realized that some of the stuff in Future World closes early. I guess at that point most people are in World Showcase.

The pictures of Claudia as so cute! I really like the one of her and Otaku.

Thank you- Great advice! It def does feel like she just went on a long vacay with no way to contact her.. :( I even call her phone just to hear what she sounds like.. It just blows for my kids bc they are too young to really remember her years from now but you are right, at least she is not suffering any longer... Thank you for the pep talk! :)

Thank you- Great advice! It def does feel like she just went on a long vacay with no way to contact her.. :( I even call her phone just to hear what she sounds like.. It just blows for my kids bc they are too young to really remember her years from now but you are right, at least she is not suffering any longer... Thank you for the pep talk! :)

Sorry for your loss :(

Claudia is so cute! I love this age a lot :)

For several reasons, I will only ever have one child, DS who is almost 7, but I do miss those lovely baby moments! Enjoy them while you can :)

I have never watched a parade at AK, because we are not really parade people. I would like to see the holiday one at some point even though it is just decorations on the normal parade. We need to go to Rafiki's Animal watch this trip. Last trip, we missed it, but I really like it back there. I think it is cool that your first family picture was with the same character you took your first married picture with. I do not think I've ever had a park day without a single ride. It is cool that you had a good time anyway. Glad the pepto bismol made you feel a little better.

I was not super impressed with Coral Reef either. Thinking Xander would like it, I reluctantly booked. We were seated on the second floor too. Our server was the worst we've ever had at Disney, the food was nothing special and Xander did not care much about the tank. As cool as the smell at Beach Club is, I can see why it would bother you if you were not feeling well. The daybed seemed like a nice changing station for Claudia. That is a great touch. I know what you mean about the landyard coming off in the pool. When Xander and I went swimming on the Wonder, it tried to come off every time I went under water. I am glad the cast member found yours though. Now that your luggage arrived and you are settled into the room, I am looking forward to reading how you will spend the evening.

awwww sorry for your loss too hugs:(

Love your Epcot update!!! It is so nice to "see" Epcot...I really needed to see my favorite park tonight!!! It has been a reeeeally long few weeks & I will PM you more about that one day soon. Nothing major, just busy & crazy! :faint:

The pictures of Claudia are soooo adorable!!! She is really growing & doing so much! Isn't it amazing how they just all of a sudden learn 5,000 new things at once ?! She will amaze you more & more each day! I think I have decided that my favorite stage is 18 months to 36 months old.

I am so glad to hear how much you loved AoA because I think we might try it out next trip! But I totally understand what you mean about the convenience of Beach Club!! My heart truly belongs at AKL. I actually was at Target today and saw five different things that reminded me of AKL!! The only downfall to it is the location...if I decide to stay Deluxe, I'd rather get a benefit like walking to Epcot!!! ;) The great part about Disney is that all the resorts are wonderful...just in different ways!!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!! And can't wait for the day you can tell us you really are pregnant!!! I hope it happens soon, but yes I do believe that everything happens for a reason!!! It will happen when it is supposed to!

I love, love night time photos of Epcot! So beautiful! And I love your squirrel face ;)

Claudia is absolutely adorable!! She seems like such a happy baby and yay for all her accomplishments! My Ava will be 2 in about a month :-)scared1:) and she's been a peanut right along too but the doctor has said she's advanced too so no worries there! :goodvibes

I'm all caught up. Phew!

First, Peanut just gets cuter and cuter each day. I watched the videos on FB...so much fun.

Fun morning at the Studios. I've been wanting to try Kouzzina but never can find a spot in our schedule because we have three favorite breakfast places that we never want to miss.

Sorry Ron started getting sick, but :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for girl shopping time. I do love the photo that you had put in the cube...I think it is perfect. And what a very nice CM.

Yes, the rides close early in FW unless it is EMH's. But glad you went back to WS. I agree with you, love that waterfall in Canada.

Real Life Update

Hi everyone! I'm going to be posting a trip update soon, but I thought I'd start with a RL update. I'll try to do replies later tonight, but I'm not sure I'll have the time. I hope so, as tomorrow is super busy and then the week starts again. Busy doing what, you might ask? (well, maybe you didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway) I'm getting private salsa lessons! Not just one, but TWO! First I'll be by myself, focusing on lady styling and being all sexy and confident. This one is a gift from me to me. Then later that afternoon I'll be going back along with Ron for a couple's lesson. We'll focus on improving things we already learned back when we were both taking lessons together last year. This one is my birthday gift from Ron. And if we can manage to find someone to babysit next Friday, we'll be going to the practice night at the studio to put everything we'll be learning in practice. I'm so excited! :dance3:

In other news, we've spent the week searching for daycare for Peanut (she'll start in August) and I think we've found one. We are lucky here that the government subsidizes daycare. They have a lot of places at 7$ a day. The ones in big centers are really hard to come by and usually have a 3-4 years waiting list (which means they call you one year before your child goes to kindergarten. Useful. :rolleyes2 ). They also have a lot of available places in home daycares. We visited two, and... we didn't like it. There were positives at both places, but too many negatives for us to feel comfortable. I'm sure the perfect home daycare exists, but we haven't found it and we don't feel like wasting our time visiting 100 places to find it. We also visited a few private daycares. We loved those! In fact, we had a hard time choosing the one we liked best. Unfortunately, those cost 35$-40$ a day. It's doable with just one child, but once we have two, we don't know if we'll be able to keep doing it. We thought long and hard about this, as we know we'll have to be (even) more frugal with our money. Trips to Disney is probably what will suffer the most, pushing it back even further. In the end though, we're talking about the day to day life of our daughter, and we feel the sacrifices will be worth it. Thankfully, the government also helps parents pay for those through tax deductions, so hopefully the blow to our budget won't be as bad as it seems. We'll see. We're excited about the place though! It's huge, and beautiful, and looks like Claudia will both have lots of fun, and learn lots of things. :thumbsup2

In other news, I had a DISmeet today! As you may recall, I had briefly met POPArtGal at the airport back at the beginning of my trip. Well this time we met for real! We went to Juliette & Chocolat (a dessert place with the most wonderful chocolate EVER!) and ate some yummy food while we chatted. I had the choco-madness crepe. OMG, it was decadent!

(photo borrowed from the internet)
decadent-chocolate_zps4e9ab820.jpg

And because if there is no picture then it didn't happen, here's a pic we took on our way to our cars.

Christellejulietteetchocolat_zps3e390eab.jpg

That's it for now. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Day 6 part 5 – The One With The Statues

We started our World (Showcase) tour in Mexico.

648_zps4ef53231.jpg

649_zps736bcb53.jpg

650_zps6559bed6.jpg

Mexico is another one of my favorite pavilions. I love the architecture and the details.

651_zps83f71049.jpg

652_zpsd5a0236c.jpg

We rode the Gran Fiesta with no wait at all, where I tried to take different pictures than usual.

653_zps35ec285c.jpg

654_zpsd703292f.jpg

655_zpsf2a5e13d.jpg

656_zps8e17e5b5.jpg

Of course I had to take one of the hidden Mickey.

657_zps2d599839.jpg

Otaku did not find a “door in the wall”. We skipped Norway and went to China since it had been mostly closed the last time.

658_zps149018c7.jpg

We went inside to watch the movie, which Otaku had never seen. While we waited I took pictures.

659_zps4d33bda9.jpg

661_zpsc827cc40.jpg

662_zpsfd7c77ce.jpg

666_zps66687d1c.jpg

Otaku was happy to find something Mulan related.

660_zpsb3457afb.jpg

We had a bit of a wait, so otaku went in the other room to look at the terracotta army.

667_zps06f8a20d.jpg

664_zps36802779.jpg

I’m guessing this plays a part in the Agent P missions.

665_zpse83a32fb.jpg

This bench looks so antique that Otaku thought it was just decorative and that you were not allowed to sit on it.

663_zps01bbaf4d.jpg

A Chinese CM came out and had pins to trade, so I went and got Otaku. Another guest asked the CM if he could take a picture of her next to a statue, and she decided to pose like the statue. Then that same guest filmed the CM as he asked her questions about where she was from and she was nicely answering him.

668_zps0e402668.jpg

It was interesting to listen to her. I wish I could engage CMs in conversations like that. I’d love to learn more about them or about Disney, but I’m too shy to ask. Plus for some reason when I ask questions it sounds more like a police interrogation.

Otaku decided to do like the CM and pose with/like a statue.

669_zpsc027868d.jpg

Soon after, we were led into the theatre. We both enjoyed the movie. Otaku especially loved seeing all the Chinese food. We shopped for quite a while in China.

670_zps0ad5b466.jpg

I saw these traditional outfits for kids that I think Peanut would look so cute in.

671_zpsc96eba2b.jpg

It was getting close to closing time and we hadn’t even eaten dinner yet. With all that World Showcase has to offer, what were we in the mood for?

Day 6 part 6 - The One With The Best Illuminations Viewing Spot

It was getting close to 9pm and we were hungry, so we skipped all the other countries and speed walked to Japan.

672_zps43d54511.jpg

I got my usual Teriyaki Chicken, which was good but not the best Ive had.

673_zpsce12c63c.jpg

Otakku had Udon Noodles, which she said were very tasty.

674_zps29aadbfc.jpg

We sat on the little outside terrace to eat. Its so beautiful there!

675_zps3bcf64c0.jpg

676_zps4bde53e8.jpg

Illuminations was starting just as we were finishing eating. At first Otaku did not want to watch it. I think she hadnt been very impressed the night before, but we had a bad view then. I saw that no one was guarding the stairs to go up to Teppan Edo/Tokyo Dinning. I thought that balcony was only for dining guests, but since anyone could go I suggested we go up just for a little while. First we had to stay in the stairs, but then more and more people were leaving and we were able to go all the way up and closer to the front.

677_zps0dbe827e.jpg

678_zps1566b33e.jpg

679_zpsd9a09e80.jpg

We had a bit of an oblique view, but it didnt matter. It was spectacular! We ended up staying the whole show and it is now our favorite spot to watch Illuminations. With that said, please enjoy the photos I took. I may not have the best camera, but I think I did okay this time.

680_zps845155ba.jpg

681_zps9f711b45.jpg

Some of my favorite photos.

682_zps1e9cfeec.jpg

684_zps1c4b521b.jpg

685_zps60bcfa78.jpg

686_zpsb1854c1c.jpg

Two last pictures.

687_zpsa9208c9b.jpg

688_zps4335dd28.jpg

Once it was over we walked out the International Gateway and back to the Beach Club.

689_zpsc6ea78f5.jpg

I didnt feel like sleeping just yet and went back out alone. I hung out on the beach and caught up in my trip journal. I was so behind!

690_zps6cc2d2c4.jpg

691_zpsc31ec4f4.jpg

692_zpsa5f21970.jpg

693_zps906eb56a.jpg

694_zps2510856e.jpg

After a while I went back in and checked out the Solarium. On my way I took pics of these window displays.

695_zps7e0443d9.jpg

696_zpsa43bc176.jpg

I sat in the Solarium and did some more catching up.

697_zps7949aef0.jpg

It would have been more relaxing had it not been for the guy who was talking loud on his cell the entire time. At some point I heard him say he was going to hang up, but continued talking instead. Eventually I just left and went to sleep. I think it was around 11pm by then.

DISNEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS DAY 6
Otaku tried (and loved) Tower of Terror
Tried a new restaurant, breakfast at Kouzzina
Shopping Spree in Downtown Disney
Sundae at Ghirardelli
Saw the Dancing Fountain show in Epcot
Watching Illuminations from Japan

Up Next, This Feels Like Our First Real Park Days

First, yay for finding daycare for Peanut! And that chocolate crepe looks AMAZING!!!!!

Mexico is one of my favorite pavilions too, for the architecture and that it is all in that building.

Never seen the movie in China, but their store is fantastic, with so much stuff I'd love to buy! I bet Claudia would look adorable in one of those outfits.

That view of Illuminations from Teppen Edo was great! I may have to try for that view one time. You got some really nice shots.

Love all of the baby pictures! She's just too cute.

Your squirrel face was inspired. Love that ride photo.

I guess we don't spend a ton of time at Epcot at night- I never knew that the 'little rides' closed at 7. Seems odd, especially with the Christmas crowds.

Can't wait to hear what fun you girls got into in World Showcase!

Thanks! I love looking at her these days, even more than before. She's just too cute is exactly what I think. :lovestruc

It's hard coming up with new faces silly every time, but I try! :rotfl2:

Well by then the Christmas crowds were almost gone, so it makes a bit more sense to close the less popular areas of Epcot. I mean less popular at night, as by then most people are either eating, visiting World Showcase, or staking out a spot for Illuminations.

I posted my updates about our newest World Showcase adventures. :)

Claudia is soooo cute.... So incredibly cute! I'm so glad that you both have the time to form a strong bond together with her. I love this age, when they become more interactive and independent. Both of my girls were so strong willed they almost seemed angry that we could walk and carry them before they could crawl on their own.

Also, great update, I really like your spaceship earth pictures :)

Thank you! Now her newest cutest thing is raising her hand, as if she wants to ask a question. So funny! :cloud9: I can see her bond with her dad growing. The first few weeks after I went back at work, she'd only want me when I came back from work every day. Now she'll play with me, but she'll go see her daddy just as much. I love it. Before she started to crawl, she was fussing a lot. She must have been frustrated of not being able to move, because she fussed a lot less once she figured out how to crawl. Now that's she's more confident, she's back to fussing because she hates that we confined her to the living room. You should see her when I lift up the gate and let her explore a bit more. She goes so fast! :goodvibes

My Spaceship Earth pictures always come out blurry, but I try.

You post reminded me of something else I need to add to my list of things to do at Disney! I've never seen the fountain show.

I never realized that some of the stuff in Future World closes early. I guess at that point most people are in World Showcase.

The pictures of Claudia as so cute! I really like the one of her and Otaku.

It was my first time seeing the fountain show. It's quite neat! Don't stand to close to the fountain though, as you'll only hear the water falling and won't be able to hear the music.

That's probably why they close the least popular areas of Future World early. Not many people actually notice since they're either in World Showcase, or back at their resort by then.

I love that picture of the sisters together too. :)

You're welcome. You're lucky that you still have one way to hear her voice. I had this video of my grandma before that I used to listen to all the time after she passed away. One day I left the tape (it was at the time of VHS) in the VCR, fell asleep, and forgot about it. My VCR was programmed to record my shows automatically, so it taped over most of the recording (I had listened to only the first 2 minutes since that's when I could hear my grandma). I was so sad! I understand what you mean about the kids being too young to remember and how it sucks. That's what makes me the most sad. I loved my grandma so much and have the best memories of her and I spending time together. My mom was a lot like her mom, and now Claudia won't get to experience that. :sad1: At least in this day and age we have so many pictures, so you can show those to your children. I hope you are feeling slightly better now. Don't worry if you are actually feeling worse though. It's normal. It hit me the worse after the funeral.

Claudia is so cute! I love this age a lot :)

For several reasons, I will only ever have one child, DS who is almost 7, but I do miss those lovely baby moments! Enjoy them while you can :)

Thanks! It's fun watching her grow. I've never been a big baby person, but I do enjoy it with my own child. :) I'm sorry you can only have one child (if you would have liked to have more). I feel like I can't express my thoughts too well about this. I hope I didn't offend you!

I have never watched a parade at AK, because we are not really parade people. I would like to see the holiday one at some point even though it is just decorations on the normal parade. We need to go to Rafiki's Animal watch this trip. Last trip, we missed it, but I really like it back there. I think it is cool that your first family picture was with the same character you took your first married picture with. I do not think I've ever had a park day without a single ride. It is cool that you had a good time anyway. Glad the pepto bismol made you feel a little better.

I was not super impressed with Coral Reef either. Thinking Xander would like it, I reluctantly booked. We were seated on the second floor too. Our server was the worst we've ever had at Disney, the food was nothing special and Xander did not care much about the tank. As cool as the smell at Beach Club is, I can see why it would bother you if you were not feeling well. The daybed seemed like a nice changing station for Claudia. That is a great touch. I know what you mean about the landyard coming off in the pool. When Xander and I went swimming on the Wonder, it tried to come off every time I went under water. I am glad the cast member found yours though. Now that your luggage arrived and you are settled into the room, I am looking forward to reading how you will spend the evening.

We're not big fans of the day time parades, but we do enjoy watching them once in a while, especially the AK one. Maybe we'll have to make meeting Rafiki first a tradition. I think I like it because it's different than regular parades. I never thought I would enjoy a park day with any rides, but I'm glad I did. Now I know it's possible. Pepto was a life saver for me!

I think the problem with the aquarium at the Seas is that it's not very colorful, unlike small aquariums. She's much more interested in the one at the doctor's office. I was finally able to enjoy the Beach Club smell later on in the week, but it sure was hard on the nausea those first couple of days. The daybed was perfect for the changing station! I have yet to find the perfect solution for keeping my things safe at the pool. Renting a locker (when possible) is a hassle, leaving things on the chair is unsafe, and lanyards just are too easy to lose.

I'm very excited ;)

Je suis très gourmande et une bibitte à sucre :rotfl:

It was great meeting you, and eating all that chocolate/sugar! popcorn:::goodvibes

It was great meeting you!

Thank you for introducing me to this awesome place. I'm so going back hehe

Love your Epcot update!!! It is so nice to "see" Epcot...I really needed to see my favorite park tonight!!! It has been a reeeeally long few weeks & I will PM you more about that one day soon. Nothing major, just busy & crazy! :faint:

The pictures of Claudia are soooo adorable!!! She is really growing & doing so much! Isn't it amazing how they just all of a sudden learn 5,000 new things at once ?! She will amaze you more & more each day! I think I have decided that my favorite stage is 18 months to 36 months old.

I am so glad to hear how much you loved AoA because I think we might try it out next trip! But I totally understand what you mean about the convenience of Beach Club!! My heart truly belongs at AKL. I actually was at Target today and saw five different things that reminded me of AKL!! The only downfall to it is the location...if I decide to stay Deluxe, I'd rather get a benefit like walking to Epcot!!! ;) The great part about Disney is that all the resorts are wonderful...just in different ways!!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!! And can't wait for the day you can tell us you really are pregnant!!! I hope it happens soon, but yes I do believe that everything happens for a reason!!! It will happen when it is supposed to!

I'm glad you enjoyed seeing Epcot tonight. i can't wait to hear from you! April has been such a busy month for me as well. I literally have something every single weekend, as well as during the week. It's fun though, and makes my birthday month even better. :goodvibes

I know! It's crazy how it seems she's doing something different and new every 3-4 days! I love it! All throughout my life I've never been attracted to babies, but loved toddlers. I think my favorite age will be 2-3 years old too, based on how I've been before with my cousins and other children.

You want to try AoA? Yay!!! I can't wait to go back and spend more time at that resort. I love it so much there! I've never been, but I think AKL is the only Disney resort that could steal first place from AoA for me. It looks so so so gorgeous!!! I really don't mind taking the bus, so I think that's why I don't care much about the location of AoA or AKL. You are right, all the resorts are special and amazing in their own way. I'd love to try them all, and will if I ever win the lottery. Another month has passed, and I'm officially not pregnant again. Will try harder next month!

Thank you for the well wishes... Disney people are so wonderful!

You are right, Disney people are incredible. :goodvibes

I love, love night time photos of Epcot! So beautiful! And I love your squirrel face ;)

Claudia is absolutely adorable!! She seems like such a happy baby and yay for all her accomplishments! My Ava will be 2 in about a month :-)scared1:) and she's been a peanut right along too but the doctor has said she's advanced too so no worries there! :goodvibes

Disney does night time lighting so well. Each of their park is so beautiful at night, and all in different ways. :goodvibes

Thanks. She is a happy baby, though she does have a temper. When she gets frustrated, the whole world can hear her scream. :scared: :rotfl: 2 years old, how fun! I know people talk about the terrible twos, but I think it looks like such a fun age despite that. My doctor keeps saying people must think my daughter is a genius, because people who don't know her will think she's only 3 months, but then see her act like a 10 months old. I like that she's tiny, it adds to her cuteness, as I'm sure it does for Ava. princess:

I'm all caught up. Phew!

First, Peanut just gets cuter and cuter each day. I watched the videos on FB...so much fun.

Fun morning at the Studios. I've been wanting to try Kouzzina but never can find a spot in our schedule because we have three favorite breakfast places that we never want to miss.

Sorry Ron started getting sick, but :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for girl shopping time. I do love the photo that you had put in the cube...I think it is perfect. And what a very nice CM.

Yes, the rides close early in FW unless it is EMH's. But glad you went back to WS. I agree with you, love that waterfall in Canada.

Thanks! I remember when Claudia was born, I couldn't wait to see what she would look like at one. I love seeing her get closer and closer to that, and looking more like "herself" than like any other baby (I find newborns all look so similar).

Maybe you can try to fit in Kouzzina on your girls' trip? Since you'll be staying at Beach Club, you could switch a breakfast ADR that's far away in favor of trying something new that's within walking distance. I understand how hard it is to let go of favorites though. We're like that with Via Napoli and Kona.

I LOVED our girls' shopping spree. It was so awesome to shop shop shop without worrying about Ron being bored! The cube is such a great memorabilia. I know Ron will cherish it for years to come.

Last trip we had spent so much time in Future World. This trip was turning out to be all about World Showcase.

First, yay for finding daycare for Peanut! And that chocolate crepe looks AMAZING!!!!!

Mexico is one of my favorite pavilions too, for the architecture and that it is all in that building.

Never seen the movie in China, but their store is fantastic, with so much stuff I'd love to buy! I bet Claudia would look adorable in one of those outfits.

That view of Illuminations from Teppen Edo was great! I may have to try for that view one time. You got some really nice shots.

I actually went to that chocolate place two weeks in a row. I had the chocolate crepe the first time, thinking I'd try something different the second time, but it was just too yummy to pass up and I had it again. :cloud9:

I like when pavilions have something that sets them apart, so I like that Mexico is all inside, but I mostly like the Mexico is the only one that's all inside.

You can tell the movie in China is old, but it's still beautiful. You should give it a try once, like on a hot or rainy day. I should go check out our city's Chinatown, maybe I can find one of those outfits for Claudia, at a fraction of the price. :scratchin

I was so happy with the shots I got of Illuminations, especially with my crappy point & shoot, and with no tripod! I think that view is a hidden gem. Some people would complain that the red gate is in the way, but it really doesn't hide anything, and adds to the beauty of the view IMO.

I think I replied to everyone. Let me know if I forgot you.

It was great meeting you!

Thank you for introducing me to this awesome place. I'm so going back hehe

You're welcome. I'm just waiting for the day for them to open one closer to me, so I can go back again and again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter