• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

I love how you can walk around Epcot and always find something interesting. My favorite place (for now... and for the last past trips) ia by far the courtyard behing UK. I love to sit there and rest my feet. I'm a bit sad they changed the band but it's still enjoyable.

I loved seeing all your pics of Epcot. It's fun that you enjoy other places than I do since it makes me discover them.

As for our meeting, if you ever want to go back let me know lol Although I'm still full from yesterday lol

Hi Mel,

Loved the Epcot update - World Showcase is so beautiful in the evenings, we love the counter service in Japan too... undecided whether to eat there or Tutto Gusto on our first night in June! :goodvibes

Great that you and Pop Art Gal got to meet up! :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

I love that you met up with Christy. I wondered how close you two were to each other. Now here's my question - did you speak to each other in French or English? :)

You know I LOVE World Showcase and Illuminations so I really enjoyed your last update.

I love how you can walk around Epcot and always find something interesting. My favorite place (for now... and for the last past trips) ia by far the courtyard behing UK. I love to sit there and rest my feet. I'm a bit sad they changed the band but it's still enjoyable.

I loved seeing all your pics of Epcot. It's fun that you enjoy other places than I do since it makes me discover them.

As for our meeting, if you ever want to go back let me know lol Although I'm still full from yesterday lol

It's true, there is so much to explore at Epcot that I'm always learning something new when reading others' TRs. I did enjoy the UK courtyard on our honeymoon, but we didn't go there this time. I only saw the new band, not the previous one, and I liked it.

May and June are both quite busy, but we should totally meet up again in the summer. :thumbsup2

Hi Mel,

Loved the Epcot update - World Showcase is so beautiful in the evenings, we love the counter service in Japan too... undecided whether to eat there or Tutto Gusto on our first night in June! :goodvibes

Great that you and Pop Art Gal got to meet up! :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

I'm sure both the Japan QS and Tutto Gusto will be great choices. You'll just have to wait and see what you are in the mood for that day. OMG, June is so close!

I loved having a DISmeet. :)

I love that you met up with Christy. I wondered how close you two were to each other. Now here's my question - did you speak to each other in French or English? :)

You know I LOVE World Showcase and Illuminations so I really enjoyed your last update.

It was fun meeting Christy. We live about 30-45 minutes away from each other. :) I was going to tell you what language we spoke, but after reading her response, I'm not sure I'm allowed. :rotfl:

You're in luck, we spent so much time in World Showcase this trip. :goodvibes

hahaha wouldn't you like to know Nikki :P

Does that mean I'm not allowed to tell her? :rotfl:

su b too read later

:welcome:

I love Epcot at night. Your spot for illuminations was great! We stood below Teppan Edo with a decent view, but it looks better up high! Also, it's great you found a day care! For us the expense never worked out so I went part time. Luckily with promotions we are finally at pre baby salary and I am recently no longer working.

And whatever that chocolate thing is.... Yum!

Christellejulietteetchocolat_zps3e390eab.jpg

Awwwww!!!! Two of my favorite DISers & friends!!!! :wave2:

I'm so happy you guys were able to meet up!!

Oh. My. Goodness. I am obsessed with chocolate! That looks delicious!!!!!

Hahaha!!! Nikki, I was so wondering the same thing!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Back to your trip update! Last year when we stayed at Beach Club, we walked over to Epcot JUST to watch Illuminations & grab a snack probably 7 or 8 times out of a 10 day trip!!! We tried to watch Illuminations from a different spot each night & it was truly amazing to see the different views! Standing up on the steps in Japan is one that I never even thought of! I have seen people standing up there, but I just assumed they were guests who ate at the restaurants & then hopped up onto the stairs/balcony to get a good spot. I think we are usually too late to grab a spot up there, but I'll keep it in mind for next trip!

I know how you feel about postponing another trip. I am soooooooo sad & having horrible withdrawals! It has only been four months since our trip & I already want to go back! Today is really a "withdrawal day" for me because it's Disney's Animal Kingdom's 15th Anniversary!!! It is a special day because I remember when they opened! We were down there for a drill team competition (and were in an Epcot parade!) the week before AK opened back in 1998!!! I remember all the hype about the new park opening, but since I was there on a school trip, I wasn't able to stay longer. It was fun reading about it once we got back home. Since AKL has a special place in my heart & is one of my fav resorts...and we always have our best park days at AK, today is really getting to me! I want to go back to Disney!!!!! :sad:

Ok...my little "boo hoo" moment is done now...I am trying to be a better DISer & catch up on all my subs (and then start my own report! yay!) to help me pass the time!

About your RL update, I am so happy to hear you have found daycare for little Peanut! I understand the stress of looking for daycare & the cost of it all, so I'm glad it is working out! I hope the govt provides more than you anticipate so it will mean another Disney trip sooner! But of course, you are right, our little ones have to come before vacation ;) Exactly why we are postponing trips for awhile too. I totally get it!

Going back to read a couple updates that I skipped! Have a good Monday!

I don't envy you the search for a good day care! It was hard enough finding a good boarding place for our dogs. :rotfl:

You did get some great photos of Illuminations, that was a good view.

I can't stand when someone talks loudly on their cell phone. I really don't want to here other people's conversations. I've had those on the Disney buses too which is just as annoying!

I'm going to come back another day to do the rest of the replies. I just wanted to come and reply to this since I have Christy's blessing. ;) I should be heading to bed soon since I have a long day tomorrow. I'm going to the Muse concert!!!! :cool1:

No you are allowed. I was just joking. Wanting to leave everyone guessing ;)

We spoke French. :) Also, surprisingly we spoke more about teaching than about Disney! :rotfl:

Yay for a Dismeet!! Yay for finding peanut daycare, though I'm sure it was stressful, I'm glad you found somewhere you love!

I lovee your Epcot night, the Mexcio pavilion is so beautiful, I can't wait go!! Your illuminations spot is great! I'm definitely going to check out when we go, I love Illuminations and it's been quite a few years since I have seen it!

Have fun at your concert! :cool1: :goodvibes

Sounds like a nice relaxing night in Epcot! I didn't know that so much of Future World was closed in EMH, but at least you got to check out some of the countries you had missed last time.
I really want to eat in Japan! I somehow keep missing it for lunch, and usually have a TS meal booked for our Epcot day, one of these days I'll get to it!

I am finally caught up and so glad you were nice enough to not do too many updates while I was gone!
Your last evening just sounds like such a nice girls night out doing exactly what you want to do.

I'm caught up...again.

So happy you found daycare for Claudia.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for a DIS meet.

And yet another fun night at Epcot and what a great spot for Illuminations.

Hi - Great report. I spent most of the day catching up - can't wait to hear what happens next!

I love Epcot at night. Your spot for illuminations was great! We stood below Teppan Edo with a decent view, but it looks better up high! Also, it's great you found a day care! For us the expense never worked out so I went part time. Luckily with promotions we are finally at pre baby salary and I am recently no longer working.

And whatever that chocolate thing is.... Yum!

World Showcase was so beautiful at night! The view was definitely better higher up! In some of my pictures you can see that there are a lot of people watching from down below, while we had an unobstructed view. :goodvibes We're lucky here that the government helps pay for daycare, otherwise it might not have been possible and one of us would have had to stay home. That would have been fine for the baby, but the lack of money would have hit hard. That's great that you guys now make enough money that you can stay home!

It was delicious!

x2....yummy :)

Very yummy!:goodvibes

Awwwww!!!! Two of my favorite DISers & friends!!!! :wave2:

I'm so happy you guys were able to meet up!!

Oh. My. Goodness. I am obsessed with chocolate! That looks delicious!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Back to your trip update! Last year when we stayed at Beach Club, we walked over to Epcot JUST to watch Illuminations & grab a snack probably 7 or 8 times out of a 10 day trip!!! We tried to watch Illuminations from a different spot each night & it was truly amazing to see the different views! Standing up on the steps in Japan is one that I never even thought of! I have seen people standing up there, but I just assumed they were guests who ate at the restaurants & then hopped up onto the stairs/balcony to get a good spot. I think we are usually too late to grab a spot up there, but I'll keep it in mind for next trip!

I know how you feel about postponing another trip. I am soooooooo sad & having horrible withdrawals! It has only been four months since our trip & I already want to go back! Today is really a "withdrawal day" for me because it's Disney's Animal Kingdom's 15th Anniversary!!! It is a special day because I remember when they opened! We were down there for a drill team competition (and were in an Epcot parade!) the week before AK opened back in 1998!!! I remember all the hype about the new park opening, but since I was there on a school trip, I wasn't able to stay longer. It was fun reading about it once we got back home. Since AKL has a special place in my heart & is one of my fav resorts...and we always have our best park days at AK, today is really getting to me! I want to go back to Disney!!!!! :sad:

Ok...my little "boo hoo" moment is done now...I am trying to be a better DISer & catch up on all my subs (and then start my own report! yay!) to help me pass the time!

About your RL update, I am so happy to hear you have found daycare for little Peanut! I understand the stress of looking for daycare & the cost of it all, so I'm glad it is working out! I hope the govt provides more than you anticipate so it will mean another Disney trip sooner! But of course, you are right, our little ones have to come before vacation ;) Exactly why we are postponing trips for awhile too. I totally get it!

Going back to read a couple updates that I skipped! Have a good Monday!

It was great to meet Christy! The chocolate was so incredibly delicious! :cloud9: I want some now...

I already replied, but we spoke French. ;)

My plan was to try and see Illuminations from a different spot every time, but once we found that spot we loved it too much to switch. I too thought that the balcony was reserved for people eating at those restaurants, but when I saw that nobody was guarding the stairs, we went up. We literally walked up minutes after it started and had no problem finding a spot. At first we were in the stairs, but then more and more people left and we were able to go up and forward. :goodvibes

I am going through Disney withdrawal as well. It's hardddddddd. :( That's so cool that you were when AK opened, and that you were in an Epcot parade. I didn't even know Epcot used to have a parade!

Life has been so busy for me, as I'm sure it's been for you. I hope you start your TR soon though. :)

Have a great weekend!

I don't envy you the search for a good day care! It was hard enough finding a good boarding place for our dogs. :rotfl:

You did get some great photos of Illuminations, that was a good view.

I can't stand when someone talks loudly on their cell phone. I really don't want to here other people's conversations. I've had those on the Disney buses too which is just as annoying!

It was stressful, but at least there were a lot of information available, and I had some great friends who went through it the year before who could help me as well.

I LOVE the view we had of Illuminations! I especially love having the red gate in all my pictures. :goodvibes

Yeah, I don't need to hear your conversation, thank you very much.

Yay for a Dismeet!! Yay for finding peanut daycare, though I'm sure it was stressful, I'm glad you found somewhere you love!

I lovee your Epcot night, the Mexcio pavilion is so beautiful, I can't wait go!! Your illuminations spot is great! I'm definitely going to check out when we go, I love Illuminations and it's been quite a few years since I have seen it!

Have fun at your concert! :cool1: :goodvibes

Dismeet was fun! Finding daycare was a huge relief. I was very stressed before, but so happy after it was done. :goodvibes

Mexico is my second favorite pavilion, after Morocco. Both are incredibly pretty. You totally should check out that spot for Illuminations. I didn't have to stake it out long in advance. We just showed up as it started!

The Muse concert was phenomenal!!! :cool1:

Sounds like a nice relaxing night in Epcot! I didn't know that so much of Future World was closed in EMH, but at least you got to check out some of the countries you had missed last time.
I really want to eat in Japan! I somehow keep missing it for lunch, and usually have a TS meal booked for our Epcot day, one of these days I'll get to it!

I guess we're all too busy in World Showcase at night to notice that half of Future World closes early. It was not EMH though. I believe they stay open late during EMH, but close early (7pm) when the parks closes at 9pm.

I rarely eat healthy, but I find Japanese food to be healthy AND yummy. I hope you get a chance to try it soon. Maybe in two weeks? ;)

I am finally caught up and so glad you were nice enough to not do too many updates while I was gone!
Your last evening just sounds like such a nice girls night out doing exactly what you want to do.

You're welcome. You were not-so-nice with all the updates you posted in the past few days though. :lmao: j/k
I'm very lucky that Otaku was very easy going and would just follow along. Even more lucky that she loved exploring the pavilions as much as I did. :thumbsup2

I'm caught up...again.

So happy you found daycare for Claudia.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for a DIS meet.

And yet another fun night at Epcot and what a great spot for Illuminations.

LOL I caught up on yours too, though I only replied to one. I read both, I promise! ;)

I love my new day care. I think she will have such a nice time there. And it's within walking distance of our home, score! :cool1:

My first DIS meet was fun! I hope that there are more DIS meets in my future. :)

We had lots of fun nights at Epcot, as you'll probably have on your next trip. :goodvibes

Hi - Great report. I spent most of the day catching up - can't wait to hear what happens next!

:welcome: I'm glad to hear you are enjoying my report. :goodvibes I should post a couple more updates this weekend.

Day 7 part 1 - The One Where We Cant See The Castle

We managed to get up early again that morning. I really wanted to catch the Welcome show at Magic Kingdom! Claudia played on the bed while we finished getting ready.

706_zps95fa6807.jpg

707_zps4dcf6a71.jpg

We got on the bus and made it to MK just in time for rope drop. There were already lots of people there so we did not have the best view of the show and I only took one picture.

708_zps4aa72aa8.jpg

It was good, but not being able to see it well kinda took away from the emotions I usually feel watching it. While it was going on Ron went to the opposite side of the entrance to rent a locker. We had too much stuff to carry around since we didnt plan on park hopping that day. Once he was done with the locker Ron was going to go on a FP run and meet us after.

After the show was over we followed the crowd on Main Street. It was really foggy that morning. We could barely see the castle! That also kept my emotions to a minimum. It was a warm day though.

709_zps15226482.jpg

Here you can see a little what princess shirt Otaku had decided to buy the day before (Cinderella).

711_zpsb3323691.jpg

710_zps4a60fe78.jpg

We saw Fairy Godmother stroll pass us, as well as the Trolley and the Fire truck.

712_zps29024aab.jpg

713_zpsd2342c3d.jpg

We chose to walk through the Castle.

714_zpsd3f3716f.jpg

715_zpsb937f116.jpg

716_zpsb8c56be6.jpg

717_zps1725c3de.jpg

718_zps8f4b5e22.jpg

We continued on towards New Fantasyland.

719_zps4d27b45e.jpg

720_zps27fe616d.jpg

721_zps5b1c87a6.jpg

722_zpsf3b791d1.jpg

723_zpsa5f8d46d.jpg

Ron had also been taking pictures on his solo walk, of the Mine Train ride and the Beasts Castle.

1363_zps66f1a73f.jpg

Beasts Castle is another thing I believe looks better in gloomy weather.

1368_zpsbac73fbc.jpg

1364_zps2344832f.jpg

Despite stopping to get Winnie the Pooh fastpasses, Ron still beat us to our meeting point because we walked slow and took lots of pictures. Where exactly were we all headed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter