This is reduced capacity?

No idea what the actual data is, as Disney does not release information. That said, the wait times look about the same today as they were over the weekend. And given how many people are 'working from home,' along with all the kids 'going to class' online, it is not too much of a stretch to imagine that weekday demand could match weekend demand. As horrible as the afternoon traffic has become lately, the morning traffic is still a shadow of what it was pre-Covid, which means that many people have still not properly returned to work, but they are still heading out somewhere every day.

Wait times seem much lower today than yesterday and Sunday, to me. Especially in DCA.

Wait times seem much lower today than yesterday and Sunday, to me. Especially in DCA.
I’ve looked a few times throughout the day. The wait times just about match what they were yesterday, or off by maybe 5 minutes in either direction.

I went yesterday and agree that they were often overstated. Posted 50 for space waited about 30/35 etc.

We were in the parks Fri-Sun. Saturday definitely felt busier. Friday, we mainly shopped. (Something about buying 10 Loungefly backpacks. between 3 people.... One I purchased for a friend, daughter says she didn't think she liked, she opened the bag, looked it over, repacked it with her stuff and informed me I needed to buy my friend another....). We did have a ROTR return time (group 40), and rode late morning, then Black Spire Outpost got it's share... Kids ended up kitting some rides in the later afternoon 4-9p, hitting Monsters, Guardians, Philharmagic, Racers, Ariels, Goofy's, Jumping Jellyfish, Swings, Pal Around, Incrediacoaster, Soarin', and a couple rides on Grizzly. I was informed by the 10yo DGD that they fixed the geysers (to her dismay) and she was SOAKED.

Saturday, it felt more crowded in DIsneyland. We had boarding group 15, so we were there early. Hit Smugglers after, followed by HM, Pirates, Big Thunder, Autopia (a couple times) then headed to DCA for lunch (and it was a long lunch, as my younger son and my grandson joined us.). Then we hit Carsland, the Pier again, and headed back to the room by 7 to just relax.

Sunday, we got a late start. There was no ROTR. Felt much calmer. Hit DIsneyland about 1030a, took the kids to Space Mountain and my grandson (6) rode it after we explained it was just like Goofy's, except in the dark. He loved it. Hit Star Tours. Then opted to head to Big Thunder, Smugglers, HM, Pirates, needed food, so we hit Red Rose Tavern, followed by Autopia, Dumbo, Snow, Peter Pan, Tea Cups, then headed to DCA for another round of rides there. Around 7, we headed back to DL for corn dogs and another ride on Thunder and Pirates and pics in front of the castle as we closed the park.

It was a fun weekend. It was our first trip with my "new" grandkids (adopted) and they had never been. My 6yo (birthday boy) grandson had always been a nervous rider, and never even rode Pirates as it was too dark. But with his new 8yo brother, the kid was hitting ALL the rides. He was actually disappointed he couldn't ride Incrediacoaster. (His older sister rode at 5, he will make it next time, he was barely too short.). Everyone had a great time.

Home for 2 days, and then we (daughters and me) turn and burn back for Avenger's Campus opening!

Hmmmmmm I don’t see more reservations? I have been checking because my friend wants to go with her daughter when they are in town in a few weeks.

I just see openings for tomorrow in DL and Thursday in DCA for one park tickets. And three other open days for one-park tickets to DCA scattered through the second half of the month. My guess is these are the result of people canceling their reservations.

Got here today for a four night trip. Headed into California Adventure at about 2:15 and was pleasantly surprised by the reasonable crowds. Wait times were reasonable except for Radiator which had gone down for a while. We have hoppers but ended up staying in CA as it was so pleasant. Dinner at Lamplight was perfect. We had a table along the rail on the upper level and DS24 special needs was *thrilled* to have a perfect view of Screamer. Or Incredicoaster as he reminds me. It will always be Screamer to me :) Tomorrow morning is DL so we'll see how it goes for ROTR...

I can't figure out how to post an image, but at six pm today there were park hoppers available for both parks for June 7th through the 15th.

Hmmmmmm I don’t see more reservations? I have been checking because my friend wants to go with her daughter when they are in town in a few weeks.
I just see openings for tomorrow in DL and Thursday in DCA for one park tickets. And three other open days for one-park tickets to DCA scattered through the second half of the month. My guess is these are the result of people canceling their reservations.

I can't figure out how to post an image, but at six pm today there were park hoppers available for both parks for June 7th through the 15th.
Interesting! Whatever it was they are gone now. I know for a time they were releasing large blocks of additional reservations after the days had been booked for a while, but I haven’t seen that in a few weeks actually.

Interesting! Whatever it was they are gone now. I know for a time they were releasing large blocks of additional reservations after the days had been booked for a while, but I haven’t seen that in a few weeks actually.

Yeah, I don't understand why they added more when it already seems so busy in the park. They last released some reservations for this period May 25th. Here's the screenshot from today (black blob is me removing a video I was watching at the time):

It’s likely a mix of people canceling their reservations and Disney adding more in. Disney regularly does this in Florida, they do sometimes hold back reservations or redistribute between the different buckets.

They’ve consistently released a new block of reservations every Tuesday afternoon - I have screenshots of all of them except last Tuesday, which a PP reports also had a block released...

Maybe moving the "buckets" around?

They’ve consistently released a new block of reservations every Tuesday afternoon - I have screenshots of all of them except last Tuesday, which a PP reports also had a block released...

Maybe moving the "buckets" around?
Most people are making their reservations using the regular "bucket" even though they are staying at the hotel. So usually every few days, they move from the hotel bucket to the regular bucket.

Most people are making their reservations using the regular "bucket" even though they are staying at the hotel. So usually every few days, they move from the hotel bucket to the regular bucket.
That makes sense. The hotel to tickets to reservations was (is?) being so glitchy I gave up and booked mine for Sept in the regular bucket.

It was a fun weekend. It was our first trip with my "new" grandkids (adopted) and they had never been. My 6yo (birthday boy) grandson had always been a nervous rider, and never even rode Pirates as it was too dark. But with his new 8yo brother, the kid was hitting ALL the rides. He was actually disappointed he couldn't ride Incrediacoaster. (His older sister rode at 5, he will make it next time, he was barely too short.). Everyone had a great time.

Home for 2 days, and then we (daughters and me) turn and burn back for Avenger's Campus opening!

What a wonderful trip! We've had the same experience with our visits, as we've been pretty leisurely and accomplished so much each time. 6 or more rides, etc....so much great shopping! "See" you for the Avenger's opening...we'll be there too!

At least with fast pass you can ride these with little waits with some planning. This sounds awful staying away for a while.
We have had fantastic visits. It may be a while before FP is back. We seemed to hit rides at low times I guess. I think we got quite a bit done each day.

We have had fantastic visits. It may be a while before FP is back. We seemed to hit rides at low times I guess. I think we got quite a bit done each day.
Yeah, I think it might be harder to hit a lot of rides if you’re DCA-only, but we were DL only and went on 14 rides + two Main Street vehicles + Tiki Room last Thursday. And that was with ROTR and Peter Pan breaking down on us. And we were “taking it easy,” with lots of stops for characters, snacks, and pictures.

I do understand that for people with little kids, everything being 20+ minutes might not be viable (which I think can be the case at DCA, which has less rides and a lot with height reqs). But it’s definitely possible to get a lot of rides done if that’s something a person cares about!

At least with fast pass you can ride these with little waits with some planning. This sounds awful staying away for a while.

I didn’t get any feelings that we waited too long, I counted 16 rides taken on May 24, and that was with a 2-3 hour PM break/dinner break.

Park attendance is growing, yes, but I still think we are doing better now without FP. The quoted wait times are consistently lower than actual (and 9 minutes for Big Thunder and ~30 minutes for MFSR we’re my biggest surprises.

All bets are off once we pass June 15th, though. I feel especially bad for those caught before the reintroduction of FP, but after capacities disappear (if that gap will even exist).

Recent reports are that California will continue a mask mandate (at least indoors) if anyone in the room is not vaccinated. It’s truly absurd. You could have ten people in a room, 9 vaccinated, but all have to wear masks because of the one. I was trying to be optimistic, but I think the absurd leadership of California is going to require more masking than I was hoping for during my late July trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter