This is starting to get old!

powellrj

DIS Veteran
This is just my personal opinion but is anyone else tired with the whole Twilight/Vampires thing. I mean no offence to others who like it but to me it seems people have taken this WAYYY to far, and its just starting to annoy me more than entertain me. Don't get me wrong it is a good concept but I was just wondering if I was the only onw who felt this way.:confused3

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sorry mom didnt know it was logged into yours!!!
This is comming from me not her!

I agree completely! I really am sick of the whole vampire/werewolf /twilight/ team J or T.
:sad2:

This happens with every new fad. When it was Harry Potter a bunch of authors jumped out of the woodwork to write other wizard stories. It won't go away until the next big thing happens.

I agree with you. I read Twilight back before it was even PUBLISHED. Now it's all over, and there are tons of books/movies and tv shows all about vampires and stuff. But Shelby's right, it will continue until the next big fad comes up, and then we can all complain about that one.
I liked the books when I first read them before anyone else did, but now too many people are into them and OBSESSED.
Just my opinion though, and I'm not knocking anyone who loves these books.

I get so sick of trying to find a book in the teen section at Barnes and Noble and only seeing vampire books. I've pretty much given up on trying to read teen books because they're all Twilight/Twilight knock-offs. I don't like that kind of book at all. Seriously, Twilight reads like a bad fan fiction.

I remember when I was like 12, and I used to watch Buffy and that was the only vampire show/book/movie around at the time. Now it's everywhere!!
I miss the Buffy days! :sad1: Plus Buffy was 80,000 times better than any of the vamp crap out now!! They change all the rules of being a vamp these days!!!
VAMPS DUST IN SUNLIGHT NOT SPARKLE!!!!!! :mad:

I remember when I was like 12, and I used to watch Buffy and that was the only vampire show/book/movie around at the time. Now it's everywhere!!
I miss the Buffy days! :sad1: Plus Buffy was 80,000 times better than any of the vamp crap out now!! They change all the rules of being a vamp these days!!!
VAMPS DUST IN SUNLIGHT NOT SPARKLE!!!!!! :mad:

My dad is really into writing fiction, so he has all these books around the house about it. I read a lot of them. One of the main things that I remembered was that there are a series of questions you have to answer to make your "universe" and it doesn't really matter HOW you answer them, but it matters that you answer them. In answering them, you make rules and you have to stick to your rules.

I can mostly respect how she answered her questions. She did come up with something I've never heard of before, and that in itself is interesting. When you write about something that is so mainstream that everyone already has their own set of rules for the subject you can either adhere to what the general consensus is or you can go against the grain. Rice did this when she said that Vampires are capable of surviving in the presence of a crucifix and that a stake through the heart won't kill them. The sparkling in sunlight was different, but it did answer the questions that she had to answer, so I can accept it.

Whedon railed against the general consensus of Zombie lore when he said that zombies don't eat brains. All authors/writers do it, so I can tolerate different answers than I would have chosen.

I think the sparkling thing really fits with her storyline though. The whole second book wouldn't have happened if all it took for Edward to kill himself was to walk outside. I think that bursting into flames and dying wouldn't really fit with the romance vibe that she attempted to create.

I think it's stupid. I'm not into much supernatural stuff and especially kissing a vampire and werewolf! Vampires are dead...isn't that like necrophilia?

I know it will pass but I feel like its been taken too far. I feel it wont pass until like 2 years until all the movies are done.

I know it will pass but I feel like its been taken too far. I feel it wont pass until like 2 years until all the movies are done.

Not necessarily. It just takes someone to write something else that will take precedent over it. If someone publishes the next teen craze tomorrow it will fade quickly, but if someone doesn't publish it for five years, it'll last five more years.

i'm glad other people don't like twilight either.
well, actually, i hate it.
i tried reading the first book before it got really popular and i couldn't finish it.
i thought it was terrible.
now everything is twilight!
it's annoying.

I am not a big fan of Twilight. I used to like it, but now with all the books being vampire-crazed I'm kinda mad at it. I like one other vampire seires (House of Night) but that's about it. You can't find a featured book in a teen section without a black cover anymore it seems like.

I like the books but they're not amazing.
The films are awful though.
And it is annoying when I go to the teen section of the library/book stores and all there is is Twilight, Twilight-related spin-offs and vampire books and I'm like gah I just want a Cecily Von Ziegsar or Meg Cabot book or something.
Although, Stephenie Meyer's other book, The Host, is actually a lot better than Twilight.

Thats exactly why I posted this so I didnt feel like the only one who hates it.
I rread 100 pages of twilight and put it down because I couldnt take anyomre!!!

This is just my personal opinion but is anyone else tired with the whole Twilight/Vampires thing. I mean no offence to others who like it but to me it seems people have taken this WAYYY to far, and its just starting to annoy me more than entertain me. Don't get me wrong it is a good concept but I was just wondering if I was the only onw who felt this way.:confused3

So out of control! Not a big fan of Twilight. Bella is annoying, and it angers me that the top two baby names now are Bella and Jacob. Awesome.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't particularly like Twilight.
I think the concept of the books are good, I'm just not obsessed with the books like a lot of girls are.

I know you all know this all ready but I love the Twilight series. For me though I love the books because of the romance. I really could care less if it involved vampires or not. It's a forbidden love, someone you shouldn't want, but do anyways.

I think that the crazy fans really gave the whole thing a bad rap, when it reality the books/movies are just entertainment.

So many people love Harry Potter and dress up at the midnight premeires and go crazy at the movies, so what's the difference? Because Edward sparkles in the sun and Harry rides a broomstick?

Not trying to compare the two because they really can't be compared, but the hype was just as crazy when the Harry Potter books/movies first came out, but nobody complains about the crazy Potter fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter