this is such a sad sick world

my dad used to say when things were going wrong stop the world I want to get off--I wish he would have told me how to get off now that the world is stopped
It's the title of a 1961 musical and a 1966 movie. How long ago did he used to quote this?
I think you forgot mandatory masks and the Redskins.
And seat belts. Don't forget seat belts.

This is starting to sound like a pot luck - probably a bad idea in this COVID world we're in today ;)

How about a ZOOM COVID POT LUCK?

Mine ---- A nice salad, chili and pizza, Organic Red wine, NY Style Cheesescake for dessert

Heck, in my city, we had a high school named after Forrest until just a few years ago. So yes, we do need to change some things. And people.

Thank goodness the US has provided so much to the progress of global civilization and provided a fertile place for advance of technological civilization.

Many of the ancestors of US citizens were treated terribly in the past. The introduction of slavery into the New World was led by Britain (Netherlands, Spain, France, and Portugal to lesser degrees) and they remained the major player in the West African slavery trade until it ended. Britain also exiled a huge number of Caucasian families to the US.

If you go back sufficiently far and in sufficient detail then there will be no statues left at all because some group, albeit based on race or religion or nationality, have been treated badly by others.

Someone mentioned Native Americans being victims but there was also terrible inter tribal conflict between Native Americans that must be considered.

Man has never been perfect and has a bloody history but we try to do better and move on. Man will never be perfect and there will never be Utopia on Earth but the US has made massive contributions in that direction.

Today i read they are trying to change everyday words..
The realtors are changing master bedroom to primary bedroom.
Words like blacklisted , computer tech words like master and slave there are more but these are the most used words.

Do we need words like master bedroom, or tech words like master and slave? What's the problem with changing them? The term "master's bedroom" was first noted in 1926 in a Sears ad for a home. Men bought houses. Wives lived in them. When I got married (long after 1926) I couldn't get a credit card in my name without my husband's permission, let alone buy a house.

Words have meanings, and when meanings change, words can too. The word "slave" in any context is offensive, in my opinion. I use the term "enslaved person" because it reminds me that a human being was unwillingly held in bondage. The perpetrator is the person who should be defined by the title, not the victim.

first we got "the virus" to deal with--which is sad in itself since in this day and age it shouldnt have happened in the first place--

now we have groups that are trying to re write history--or pretend like it never happened--

statues are being taken down or destroyed--even disney is changing some of there classic rides that have been around since the beginning

its history--it cant be changed re written forgotten about--it happened-case closed

was some of it right--no-- but way back in time they did what they thought was right for that time--but things happened

my dad used to say when things were going wrong stop the world I want to get off--I wish he would have told me how to get off now that the world is stopped

and all the unrest--why is it ok for some people to break the law--then resist arrest--but no one ever says if they would have done what they were told to do--like when a cop says to stop and freeze--the person would still be alive--sitting in jail but still alive

we just had a issue near a shopping mall--some kids were caught shop liftening so when the police came they caught them and one of the kids spit on the police while he was trying to restrain him--I guess thats ok and the police are just supposed to take it

well my word the protesters that came out of the woodwork were insane!!! they that this was just terrible--oh the kid was only 13 I can only think what he'll be like by the time hes 18

sad sick world

There's so much ridiculousness to unpack here it's hard to decide where to start.

"was some of it right--no-- but way back in time they did what they thought was right for that time--but things happened"
So, you have convinced yourself that people thought the following things were right for the time:
Buck breaking - slave owners would RAPE male slaves in front of the other slaves as a way to control them.

Breeding plantations- forcing parents to mate with their own children in order to create "super slaves"

Allowing white women to kill black children- VA actually had a law that said white woman couldn't be charged if they killed a black child.

Lynching - if lynchings were "right for that time", why were they usually done under the cloak of darkness and/or while wearing sheets and hoods????

Bombing homes, churches and killing little girls getting ready for Sunday School "was right for that time"????

"its history--it cant be changed re written forgotten about--it happened-case closed"

Actually, this is a lie. I bet if someone offered you a million dollars to name 20 black Americans and the role they played in American history, you couldn't do it. Why? Because our contributions to this nation has been largely forgotten about or rewritten!!!!

Since you love statues so much, would you be willing to have a statue of David Walker put up in the middle of your community? I'm going to guess the answer to that would be no. Why? Because he wrote a book on and advocated for slaves to rise up and KILL white men, women and CHILDREN.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4h2931.html
Since you have so much insight, please tell us what laws Breonna Taylor break? When did sleeping in your own home become a death sentence??

Your post is disgusting but extremely revealing.

Last edited:
My only question is where does it end. Should we tear down the Coliseum because they killed Christians there. I mean Columbus is significantly more than one quarter of the way there. Should we changes the names of the day,months because I think they came from same group of people.

Last edited:
My only question is where does it end. Should we tear down the Coliseum because they killed Christians there. I mean Columbus is significantly more than one quarter of the way there. Should we changes the names of the day because I think they came from same group of people.
Brutal slavery was practiced by so many cultures and in so many places there will be nothing left. It was practiced in ancient Egypt and as far back as there are historical records. It was practiced inter tribally in Africa and by ancient cultures in the New World. Man has a brutal history.

Brutal slavery was practiced by so many cultures and in so many places there will be nothing left. It was practiced in ancient Egypt and as far back as there are historical records. It was practiced inter tribally in Africa and by ancient cultures in the New World. Man has a brutal history.

Following such logic we should remove the Pyrmid from the dollar, as unless it was built by Aliens it was most likely built by slaves. And yes that was another Country but still the way it was constructed was not correct. Is the pyramid still on the $1 btw, dont have one on me.

Do we need words like master bedroom, or tech words like master and slave? What's the problem with changing them? The term "master's bedroom" was first noted in 1926 in a Sears ad for a home. Men bought houses. Wives lived in them. When I got married (long after 1926) I couldn't get a credit card in my name without my husband's permission, let alone buy a house.

Words have meanings, and when meanings change, words can too. The word "slave" in any context is offensive, in my opinion. I use the term "enslaved person" because it reminds me that a human being was unwillingly held in bondage. The perpetrator is the person who should be defined by the title, not the victim.
You're right meanings change so when is the last time the general population associated master bedroom in such a way that you are describing in its origins? We just kinda call it a master bedroom and move on. I'm not entirely opposed to changing it but in this case people changed the meaning of the word long enough ago.

You rarely see Family Room anymore it's Great Room, the bedroom on the main level of a house is often called a Flex Room, etc so yes we can adjust the verbiage but I do also understand the PP's take on it. Sometimes when we decide to change things we do it at a point where the reason why a change was desired no longer is actually pertinent. When that happens it can come off to some as a token change rather than one that carried the weight.

Headlines today:

Half of all ______ are less ______ than average, is this a mathematical certainty? Disapproving of the provable.

Supply chain disruptions or are there just not enough violins to go around? Instrumental findings strike a chord about what makes people feel like they're losing everything.

Are you more "You are what you eat?" or are you more "You are what you read?" Take this quiz to find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter