This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would help out as well. I have several pictures from our trip in July. Also, my mind is just full of Y & BC info from our 7 trips over the past 7 years!

I wouldn't mind helping out either. I have only been there once but I am very good at keeping things organized as far as a first page post with links, etc.

If you want me to start the thread, I will and as people add information, I can add pertinent info to the first post and/or links. Let me know...

Yes...an organizer:)
I will try to update or take notes etc....so I dont forget anything that may be important to the new thread.
If its ok, if I have a few minutes eash day, I will report in with "reports"..lol
And I always forgt to take photos of the room before we "move in"!

L@@k at all my typos!! lol

Anyone have any good ideas for a new name thread..besides the obvious..?? lol

Ok..I really have to start packing...lol...

I understand hating to wait for the bus...but I have to say, we did not experience bad bus service. There 8/19 to 8/25, we took the buses to DTD and MK. No AK this trip. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for the bus and often we saw it at the bus stop and hurried to it to walk right on, or it arrived literally right after we did.

We were pleased with the bus service too, although we really only used it 3 times - once to MK and twice back from MK in the evenings. The nicest thing, I think, is the river right there next to the bus stops. We just barely missed a MK bus when we were heading out in the morning, but the kids were so amused watching an otter and a couple turtles in the water that the 12 minute (yes, I timed it! :rotfl: ) wait for the next bus just flew by without a single complaint. And that's saying something, since my kids are 6 & 9 and were in a big hurry to get to Space Mountian!

I wouldn't mind helping out either. I have only been there once but I am very good at keeping things organized as far as a first page post with links, etc.

If you want me to start the thread, I will and as people add information, I can add pertinent info to the first post and/or links. Let me know...

Disneyolic, if you would like the job.... I would like to make a suggestion...start the thread and reserve the next 5 or so posts for updates so that it is all on page one. ;) Just enter "reserved for updates", that way you have them for future use.

If you feel that you will not have time to update it, let me know and I will start it and keep it updated. I would be willing to add pictures and such, like I did to the MVMCP, December 2007 & CP threads.

I am looking forward to a new thread with updated information and lots and lots of pictures.

Disneyolic, if you would like the job.... I would like to make a suggestion...start the thread and reserve the next 5 or so posts for updates so that it is all on page one. ;) Just enter "reserved for updates", that way you have them for future use.

If you feel that you will not have time to update it, let me know and I will start it and keep it updated. I would be willing to add pictures and such, like I did to the MVMCP, December 2007 & CP threads.

I am looking forward to a new thread with updated information and lots and lots of pictures.
I will start the new thread tomorrow and do exactly like you suggest. It will be very basic at first just so we can get it off the ground. I should be fine with time to do it. I won't disappear like this OP did....;)

Do you think that maybe we should have 2 separate threads? One for Yacht Club and one for Beach Club? I know there will be some shared photos and info, but maybe dividing them will make it easier for some people who prefer one to the other. I'll be willing to start the Yacht Club one. What do you think?

I will start the new thread tomorrow and do exactly like you suggest. It will be very basic at first just so we can get it off the ground. I should be fine with time to do it. I won't disappear like this OP did....;)

Do you think that maybe we should have 2 separate threads? One for Yacht Club and one for Beach Club? I know there will be some shared photos and info, but maybe dividing them will make it easier for some people who prefer one to the other. I'll be willing to start the Yacht Club one. What do you think?

Disneyolic, this is very admirable of you. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I think we should still keep it a combined thread though, meaning a YC/BC one, and my reasoning is this. They both share a lot of the same amenities. For instance, even though we prefer to stay at the YC, I still make many a trek over to the BC Marketplace, plus we like to eat at Cape May Cafe, and I still consider that part of the resort. Plus I'm sure a lot of BC'ers consider Hurricane Hannah's part of their resort too. And what about SAB info or Beaches & Cream? You get the idea.

So that's why I think they should still remain together. Maybe someone else can provide some posts with more BC specific info and you handle more YC info. Just a thought. I'll definitely post too!

Thank you again. It will be a great fresh start for a great resort!

I third.:) Keep them combined.

I took pics of our room before we made a mess of it. I was going to post them, but after all this talk, I'll wait for the new thread.

Oooooo, I am so excited...a new thread...I like writing about WDW...just tell me when I run too long...seriously...I'm one of those people that can talk too much...sometimes you have to tell me to be quiet...at least in person...

Can I repost my reviews on the new thread?

I'm going to gather some information from the first page and make sure it's still valid. General things I know still are. Then I will start the thread. Don't expect much at first posting. I thought it better to start it out and then I/we can "vamp it up" from there. I think it's better that I start the thread later tonight as I do want to make sure I get the first 5 posts saved (as suggested by bytheblood). I don't want someone signing up before I can get those posts up there. And that 40-second posting rule can get in the way sometimes....

When I begin the thread I would like to be able to post some significant general photos of the front of the YC/BC, SAB, Lighthouse, and Marina. If someone has great shots of those, let me know so I can add them. Any other pictures people post I will try my best to place links in the first post with detail to them.

Any other suggestions now or along the way would be much appreciated. This sounds like a fun new adventure. Any names? I thought of one but I'm not too good at naming threads...

Yacht Club & Beach Club....New & Improved FAQ (insert date here whenever it is updated with pertinent info or links)

How's that sound? :confused3

Disneyolic - Thank you for taking on this task. We are about 90% sure we are staying at the YC next June and having a brand new FAQ would really help my family tremendously (sp?).

While I don't have alot of BC/YC knowledge to lend to the thread, I can sure help keep the thread alive with all the questions I will have. Thanks again for doing this. :goodvibes :goodvibes

We will be staying at the BCV starting 9/16...if there are any specific pictures you all would like for the thread, let me know. We'll be in a 2BR lockoff villa, going to SAB, eating at YC and BC, etc.

This is our first time at BC and the Villas (was at Yacht Club years ago for a business trip!)

We will be staying at the BCV starting 9/16...if there are any specific pictures you all would like for the thread, let me know. We'll be in a 2BR lockoff villa, going to SAB, eating at YC and BC, etc.

This is our first time at BC and the Villas (was at Yacht Club years ago for a business trip!)
Some great pictures would be:

Hurricane Hannah's
SAB shop (there is a small window that rents tubes, sells pool stuff)

If you get a full picture of the quiet pool at the Villas, that would be great too.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Some great pictures would be:

Hurricane Hannah's
SAB shop (there is a small window that rents tubes, sells pool stuff)

If you get a full picture of the quiet pool at the Villas, that would be great too.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Consider it done! My DH is a photo buff, so he'll be taking about a gazillion pics but I'll make sure to get these. And we are eating at least one lunch at Hurricane Hannahs, too.

ok..will catch up on recent posts..just have a quick sec...
We are here!!!!!!!!!!

Were upgraded to water view....CL CM's have been awesome...got our request for a King...our view has the YC boat dock straight ahead .Dh can see ESPN Zone...
I cant even begin to tell you how nice evryone has been!!! They showed us to our room at 12 15!!!!! And close to the lounge:)
Gotta go....:) Will get some of those photos.....:)

I would love for a new thread to start:cool1: If I might add something to the new thread it would be the website

www.tagrel.com

He has done a beautiful job with a slideshow to music about SAB. My children want to watch it atleast once a week. I sure hope we will be able to swim in Nov. This will be our first time with 3 kids:woohoo:

We upgraded from POR to BC when the codes came out.

We cant wait. I am totally addicted to the DIS:surfweb:

Beth

Yacht Club & Beach Club....New & Improved FAQ (insert date here whenever it is updated with pertinent info or links)

How's that sound? :confused3

I like that. Several come to mind... :teeth:

The one you have above is great.
Anchors Away!! Yacht & Beach Club 2007 FAQ!
Ahoy Mateys! Yacht & Beach Club New 2007 FAQ!
Sailing to the Yacht & Beach Club? New & Improved FAQ!

Change of plans of when we get up this new thread. Turns out a bit more research needs to be done so we don't have a blank thread going up at first. Bytheblood is going to be doing it with me as a joint effort. So next week we should be getting it up and going.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter