• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is us..

This episode was not good. All the jumping around and adding new characters is confusing. That doctor was old when the babies were born so how old is he in modern day? 100?? And at first I thought the firefighter was the drs son but it wasn't.

He was in his early 70's when the kids were born, so yeah, he'd be over 100 now.

Did anyone notice Toby at the People's Choice Awards? I would assume he has to wear padding on the set now, because he sure isn't tubby now. Dude is in serious need of a wardrobe makeover.

AAm1RLw.img

I loved the last episode and getting the backstory on Dr. K, HOWEVER, I noticed a discrepancy that bugged the heck out of me! When he is sitting at his table in 1980, there are 2 placemats on the table, they are the Pfaltzgraff Naturewood pattern which didn't come out until the late 90's. (It's my pattern so I recognized it right away). Funny how I can fully embrace a movie where animals talk and not question it, but little details like that drive me crazy!

Did anyone notice Toby at the People's Choice Awards? I would assume he has to wear padding on the set now, because he sure isn't tubby now. Dude is in serious need of a wardrobe makeover.

AAm1RLw.img

Sorry, that sartorial choice alone has me leaning towards his personality being in the neighborhood of Toby's, including the "sense of humor" in stressful situations that sets my teeth on edge. The character is becoming nails on a chalkboard for me, so I hope it doesn't continue in that vein because I'm sure that will seriously impact my willingness to accept a major component of Kate's storyline.

This episode was not good. All the jumping around and adding new characters is confusing. That doctor was old when the babies were born so how old is he in modern day? 100?? And at first I thought the firefighter was the drs son but it wasn't.

There has been no indication that Dr. K is still alive. We have not seen him in any of the current day storylines. The most recent time we saw him was when Kate had appendicitis, when the triplets were about 10 yrs old.

AAm1RLw.img

Now see, I love what he is wearing here (although, I would have gone with Chucks)!

Next episode deals with Jack's death. I read we will find out bits and pieces throughout the season. We learn a little at a time.

Part of me hates that we will not be able to watch it Tuesday. The other part is relieved to postpone Jack's death a little longer. I'll have to stay off this thread until I see it!

So my stupid DVR cut me off with 10 minutes left to go in the show. Come on! What happened in the last ten minutes? Did they show the promos for next week?
Stupid DVR.

So my stupid DVR cut me off with 10 minutes left to go in the show. Come on! What happened in the last ten minutes? Did they show the promos for next week?
Stupid DVR.
They showed Jack's funeral and the kids looked to be mid-teens. Toby checked into the fat camp and had an awkward moment with the chubby chasing horse guy.

My son has a theory about Jack's death.

1) Kate is terrified of planes and flying.

2) Kevin destroyed the plane models.

3) Jack works in the City, and they live in a suburb of NYC/PA

Possible conclusion: Jack died in 9/11. The timing is right.

Any thoughts? The only hole I can see is Kate saying about watching a Super Bowl in 06, but what if she meant with his ashes?

My son has a theory about Jack's death.

1) Kate is terrified of planes and flying.

2) Kevin destroyed the plane models.

3) Jack works in the City, and they live in a suburb of NYC/PA

Possible conclusion: Jack died in 9/11. The timing is right.

Any thoughts? The only hole I can see is Kate saying about watching a Super Bowl in 06, but what if she meant with his ashes?
Did your son write this article? :rotfl:
http://www.refinery29.com/amp/2017/01/137717/jack-this-is-us-death-september-11-theory

Ha! No! Looks like he saw it though. I will say that the Kate plane crash episode, we were both wondering why she was so scared of flying and thought maybe Jack was in a crash. I wasn't thinking 9/11 though.

The 'love of his his life' was his ex-wife Sophie whom he divorced 12 years ago. The same Sophie that he said he was in love with at the birthday party. At the end she texted him and wanted to get together.
Also Sophie was one of the girls that wrote the note to Kate at the pool about not wanting to be her friend anymore because of the way she looked.
Btw, I loved Kate and Jack's "Vogue" scene. She is darling.

Oh my goodness I loved last nights episode. Hated seeing glimpses of Jack's funeral. I read we will see bits and pieces of what happened. LOVED when Kate was at the fat camp doing the drumming sticks and she kept having flashbacks of everything that has contributed to her weight issues, the pool scene, the XL on her sweater, and Jacks funeral. It's going to be rough when we see how Jack died.

LOVE LOVE LOVE William. why oh why must we lose him????? Love his interactions with Randall and I also love how Beth has warmed up to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter