• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is us..

William was the best part of last night's episode. The rest was meh and didn't do a thing to further the stories. We knew Jack died, we knew about how old the kids were when he died, we knew Kate has serious issues with her weight, and we knew Kevin has been a selfish, shallow jerk his entire life.

This episode was by far the weakest.
I 100 percent disagree.

I really love Randall and William's relationship now. I remember in the beginning, I would get annoyed with Randall's attitude, like he would want to get to know him, but guarded and pissed, but it's understandable.

I didn't see the preview for next week, but you guys are saying Toby goes to the fat camp. I so want to see the interaction between him and chubby horse guy.

William was the best part of last night's episode. The rest was meh and didn't do a thing to further the stories. We knew Jack died, we knew about how old the kids were when he died, we knew Kate has serious issues with her weight, and we knew Kevin has been a selfish, shallow jerk his entire life.

This episode was by far the weakest.
The show is about digging into the 'why' of all that though. That's what the flashbacks are all about. To know WHY Kate has issues about her weight, to know WHY Kevin seems shallow and HOW losing their dad a young age affected all of them. It's a show about exploring the human condition, if we don't go back and take a look at the why it's simply just another show to pass the time on Tuesday night.

The show is about digging into the 'why' of all that though. That's what the flashbacks are all about. To know WHY Kate has issues about her weight, to know WHY Kevin seems shallow and HOW losing their dad a young age affected all of them. It's a show about exploring the human condition, if we don't go back and take a look at the why it's simply just another show to pass the time on Tuesday night.

:thumbsup2 You nailed it and took the words right out of my mouth. I think some people are expecting this show to be something other than what it is.

In the flashback, the note at the pool was signed by Samantha. Are we 100% sure Sophie was part of that mean girl group? Last night's episode was the first time I can recall hearing her name.

Good catch - I didn't see that.

If you've been paying attention, you know why Kate has issues with her weight. I am detail oriented, so I think I am picking up on a lot of things other people are missing.

Did anyone notice that grown up Sophie is the girl from Walking Dead? It was driving me crazy because she looked so familiar. I think her name was Jesse, and she was the hairdresser involved with Rick at ASZ and she had the little boy with the worlds worst haircut?

Oh THANK YOU!!!! We were looking at her saying I KNOW HER!!! Whew!

I really love Randall and William's relationship now. I remember in the beginning, I would get annoyed with Randall's attitude, like he would want to get to know him, but guarded and pissed, but it's understandable.

I didn't see the preview for next week, but you guys are saying Toby goes to the fat camp. I so want to see the interaction between him and chubby horse guy.

It was my understanding from the preview that he only goes to visit Kate, but is not checking in himself. He tells horse guy he's there to visit his girlfriend Kate, and horse guy says "Well, that just got awkward," implying to Toby that something is going on with him and Kate.

I need to go back and watch because I was half asleep, but it looked to me like maybe if we could pause the TV and zoom in on the program at Jack's funeral, we would be able to see the date on it.

I love the Sophie twist. I'm betting the divorce has something to do with Sophie/Kate and Kevin/Kate.

Went back and watched Kate's drumming scene. Sophia IS on the note, in the bottom right corner. I paused in the TiVo app on Jack's program, screen shot it and zoomed in. No date, it's just a design.

Thank you for checking those! Darn on the no date thing though!!!

In the flashback, the note at the pool was signed by Samantha. Are we 100% sure Sophie was part of that mean girl group? Last night's episode was the first time I can recall hearing her name.

The note at the pool purported to be signed by Sofie. Which begs the question, exactly how mean was Sophie being? Presumably we'll find out.

Me too. I couldn't be bothered to find out when diet coke came out or when a Madonna song was released or any other small details, it does not change anything for me and has nothing to do with the character interactions or story lines. Kate liked Madonna. She had a Madonna themed party. To me, nothing else matters. I just take it for what it is........a great tv show.

I do understand some must get all the details correct for true authenticity, but I just have no interest in researching timelines and verifying details. All the power to those that do though! I am impressed by the things people find.

I've gotten frustrated with the nitpicking of minutiae in regards to each and everything in the flashbacks. I could understand picking apart things like naming the wrong president, showing characters with cell phones, etc., but I see no real problem with being slightly off with the release date of a soda, etc. That's why I bothered to doublecheck the release date of Vogue last night, so I could securely watch the rest of the episode, comfortably knowing ten year olds could have known and liked the song back then, even if they did choose to dress as earlier era Madonna while doing so.

It was. It was August 1989. They literally showed the date on the screen.

That's fine. When I think 80's I always just default to early/mid 80's even though 12/31/89 11:59:59 is still the 80's. I'm one who doesn't get too caught up on the minor details. Now if they would have been playing the Spice Girls I would agree it's a big deal lol

It was. It was August 1989. They literally showed the date on the screen.

Which was long before Vogue was even released, let alone the "vogueing-craze." Ugh.

We saw a look back at earlier birthdays, including their 9th, which was in 1989. Their 10th was in 1990, months after Vogue was released in March 1990.

I've gotten frustrated with the nitpicking of minutiae in regards to each and everything in the flashbacks. I could understand picking apart things like naming the wrong president, showing characters with cell phones, etc., but I see no real problem with being slightly off with the release date of a soda, etc. That's why I bothered to doublecheck the release date of Vogue last night, so I could securely watch the rest of the episode, comfortably knowing ten year olds could have known and liked the song back then, even if they did choose to dress as earlier era Madonna while doing so.

I don't find it to be minutiae at all. I appreciate when I watch a show like Downton Abbey or Mad Men and they care enough about us viewers to take the time to be historically accurate. Anything less is just sloppy writing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter