This Might Seem a Bit Sad & A Couple of Questions

Cinderella

DIS Veteran
I'm on my first trip to California. I haven't been to a Disney park for 9 years after a bad experience (nothing at all to do with Disney).

I'm travelling alone - my kids are at an age where they want to go on vacation without me. So I'm in Santa Monica right now and I'm too excited to sleep. It's pouring down so I'm gonna leave here before rush hour/day and get to California Adventure before opening. :)

So just a couple of questions. 1) I'm staying at the new Courtyard Anaheim. Do the hotels in the area usually mind if you leave your bags there so early in the morning and check in later?

2) I want to do Soaring and Tower of Terror first. I'll go to one and get a FP for the other. I'm looking at the map and I can't figure out which way round to do this. Any suggestions please?

Thanks. Will report back on the new hotel v soon as I know lots of people want to know. :)

1) Hotels in the area are usually accommodating. They know a lot of folks are flying into town.

2) Get to Tower of Terror FP first, Soaring Ive been able to ride without a long wait.

Tower of Terror FP'S are still in pretty high demand, while the Soarin FP'S are almost useless unless there is a 20 minute or longer wait because the only portion of the line you get to skip is the outside part. If there is no outside line, you'll merge right away when you enter the building.

I love putting my hands up and floating on the TOT! My husband was all holding the bars and bracing himself, and I showed him how its really supposed to be done!!

The new Courtyard Marriott looks so awesome! Weird tiny balconies on each room, better than nothing I suppose! We stayed at the cheaper Quality Inn right behind it and I was jealous of guest's breakfast we'd spot as they were enjoying it on the shaded patio. Definitely let us know how it goes on your stay!

Have fun!!

I am SO jealous!! Tuesday mornings, especially when school is in session, are generally very relaxed at the parks and today Disneyland has the Early Morning Hours, so I believe you will be able to bounce back and forth between the two rides without a problem with long lines. Have FUN!!!

I am SO jealous!! Tuesday mornings, especially when school is in session, are generally very relaxed at the parks and today Disneyland has the Early Morning Hours, so I believe you will be able to bounce back and forth between the two rides without a problem with long lines. Have FUN!!!

TOT and Soarin' are both in California Adventure, not Disneyland.

I hope you are enjoying your time in the parks.
I'll be watching for your review of the hotel. I was looking online the other day and it looks very nice. Only problem is they are booked for the two times I'm hoping to take trips next year.

Don't let the weather affect your trip.

Geemo

TOT and Soarin' are both in California Adventure, not Disneyland.

Correct, meaning that DCA opens to everyone at 10:00 a.m. and those rides won't have lines from Extra Magic Hour guests. I assumed the OP didn't have access to Extra Magic Hour / Magic Morning hours.

Soarin also has a single rider line that you can use, so definitely get a fast pass for TOT first.

As a solo traveler, definitely take advantage of the single rider lines! Make sure you ask if it's going to be faster than standby or Fastpass--they'll be honest with you.

RSR, Soarin, Matterhorn, Splash Mtn. have them for sure. There may be others, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Enjoy getting to do what YOU want to do on this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter