This storm in the Atlantic…now Hurricane Lee

livingwiththeland

Earning My Ears
Let the hand-wringing and weather model watching commence👀. We will be there September 13-17 and will be keeping a close eye on this storm. Hopefully for everyone on the east coast it takes a turn out to sea!

I also arrive on the 13th and I've been watching closely since it was just a tropical wave on the coast of Africa. All models are now showing that it's going to curve north before it reaches the Bahamas, so that's great and hopefully that continues to be the track. Here's today's update from one meteorologist I'm subscribed to that gives daily updates:

It is just unneccessary worrying at this point. even 3 days out is still a moderate guess. just enjoy planning your trips.

I hope this is allowed - mods delete if not.

As a Floridian, I follow this guy for all my storm information. He is thorough and speaks in layman terms. No hype, no fearmongering.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/
Well yes. He has a PhD in meteorology and has been on social media for many years. He also has a day job ( Senior Scientist at the Joint Typhoon Warning Center. ) Sometimes he's less able to put together online and YouTube reports due to his workload.
He'd be the first to tell you to listen to the NHC and local sources. It's always good to have a few ways to get updated including a couple of local ones.

Last edited:
Look to those who have lived in central Florida for decades (like me). You'll learn to avoid the online alarmists and put credibility into trusted local sources.

Wait until 5-7 days out before monitoring with sharper eyes.

We lived down there for years. Live up north now but are heading down for 11 days tomorrow. Not even watching too much now. Will look again Wednesday. By then if it hasn’t turned I’ll be watching closer😂

Opposite problem here. My husband and I have been trying to do a trip to Atlantic Canada since 2020. We’re supposed to leave 9/19. Or maybe not if this thing does not curve out to sea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter