This storm in the Gulf… now Hurricane Idalia

Yep. I'm a nervous flyer to begin with and don't relish the idea of flying anywhere near a tropical storm or hurricane.

We went ahead and moved our flight to Monday. I'm sure this will guarantee that our original flight will make it on time just fine and I can kick myself over the money wasted. At least we are now flying from our home town rather than driving two hours to begin our journey.

Now to go cancel/reschedule a bunch of other park plans!
I fully support your expediture!! Rearranged all of my park res as well. Aka, deciding where I wanted to be (or what I could sacrifice) in torrential rain. “See” you next week 👊!

I fully support your expediture!! Rearranged all of my park res as well. Aka, deciding where I wanted to be (or what I could sacrifice) in torrential rain. “See” you next week 👊!
Solidarity!

So which parks and resorts do you think are best in torrential rain? We were planning to do the extended evening hours at MK on Wednesday night and still could if it is a go.

Time to assess our rain gear and figure out what all we need.

Solidarity!

So which parks and resorts do you think are best in torrential rain? We were planning to do the extended evening hours at MK on Wednesday night and still could if it is a go.

I think Hollywood Studios is the best in the rain. Other than Slinky Dog, I can't think of anything else that might shut down. I'm sure I'm missing something though. It also helps that its pretty compact so easier to get around in the rain. Next for me would be Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom and Epcot are just so big.

These are my favorite shoes for the rain: Shoes

Solidarity!

Same, I’m at YC Mon-Tues and CR Wed-Sat. Tuesday am looks…ok so far. Planning MK… then back to resort and hop to Epcot for Guardians, snacks.Wed, I switched to Epcot, but it’s just me most of the trip, and I’ve done everything a kazillion times. I can semi-stack some LLs and buy Guardians again, and (this is the one thing) I have a Shiki-Sai res for 3, I had a couple things I really wanted to try!

All parks are open for res now, so hopefully we can adjust if needed…

If the track holds .. it just means probably a DAY of solid rain (which stinks) maybe Tuesday through Wednesday. If it shifts east .. then there is trouble. Just plan on inside things those days and bring those ponchos.

Thanks, all for the very helpful info shared. Just moved plans around to hopefully avoid most of the possible worst of the storm.

We are heading down next week as well. We fly down Monday so should be ok that way. We are planning MNSSHP on Friday, then I think one park day Wednesday I think and Typhoon Lagoon Tuesday and Thursday. We aren't married to anything but MNSSHP of course so we can adjust if necessary.

Agree 100%. I've lived in Orlando for 20 years and this should have no or minimal impact on WDW operations.
I think it's the flights people worry about. I had to connect through LAX when Hillary hit and I stressed about it. My flight was fine. It didn't really impact the coast of Cali.... more so the inland desert. On my last trip to WDW in January 2023 my flight was cancelled due to the ice storms in Texas. In 2019 we had a canceled flight due to a winter storm on the east coast and in 2012 it was tornadoes in Dallas. Any big storm can screw up flights and it could be days before you get a replacement. You are right though it will most likely have no impact on WDW operations.

Looks like mostly a Wednesday impact on Orlando. Depends if it keeps its westward trend.

We need rain badly. Weathermen are saying if we don’t get this much needed rain, we’ll have wildfires in the spring and summer.

Looks like it's a bit further delayed in moving north.
It actually shifted south last night! There is some shear holding it there, but that’s supposed to lift.

Since this is a gulf coast of Florida storm, I’m following Denis Phillips at ABC action news, Tampa. I like him because there’s no hype and he often has live broadcasts on his Fb, IG and other social.
I’ll check him out! Thanks!

I don't see Orange County on the state of emergency list (33 other counties are)
It looked like it was mainly coastal counties right now, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter