this summer

European

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm planning on going solo this summer. Somewhere between June 26 and September 14. Don't know yet for how long and I don't care where I'll have to sleep. The only thing is that it has to be as cheap as possible (I'm still a student) and that I will be trading a lot of pins. I was wondering if I could share a room with somebody/several persons? Perhaps with a cast member at their appartment? I'm not going to rent a car, so I will be needing transport to Disney every day if I don't stay in a Disney hotel. Suggestions are welcome.

Hi European and welcome to the DIS, I'm really glad you decided to join us.

I can't help you with finding a room to share but there are some excellent rates available off site this year.

Ray Sharpton was telling us he got a room at the Downtown Disney Marriott Courtyard for $20.03 per night. That is an incredible rate and they have a shuttle bus to the parks. Ray's post is right <b>HERE</b>

You might want to consider that if you can't find a room mate.

Katholyn

Thanks for your help. I had already read it, but when I look at their site, rates start from $79. And I can't make reservations before the end of June.

hi European

Please don't go by the price displayed on the marriot web site.....you need to call them and ask if the price of 20.03 is available for the dates that you want.

good luck

Rick is correct, European. Here is a quote from Ray's post about this topic:

<i>I called the 800 number, 1-800-223-9930, and confirmed that it was actually the DtD CbM on 1805 Hotel Plaza Road,Lake Buena Vista Road, Florida 32830. I say this because the hotel transfers their telephone number to the main, national reservation center after 7:00 P.M. EST (and they don't know about the special rate.

So make sure that you call Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. EST until 7:00 P.M. EST. And on Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. EST. I had the regular telephone number, also, at 407-826-8888. But I didn't have to use it.

I did have to "pay for all" the nights with a credit card. No problem...it was only $20.03 per night.

The reservationist did say that it was "nonrefundable". No problem...the total price was $89.36 for the whole four night stay including taxes..."WOW!" Only $22.34 per night including taxes.

They offered a kingsize bed on my August trip, but just a two double beds' room on my September trip. It doesn't hurt to ask, because they said they can't make changes, and no refunds after you make confirmation</i>

It might be worth checking into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter