This weekend in Bahamas

I’m reading that the storm is now supposed to make landfall on Tuesday as opposed to Monday. Now I’m getting more nervous of us being able to set sail on The Dream Monday.

ETA: Actually I’m hoping it continues to slow down until Wednesday so we can all get on our cruises.
I so wish your wish becomes true :)
That would make us on tomorrow’s dream come back as planned and we’ll be able to drive back (7 hrs) home

With the current path, the storm surge at PC is going to be terrible. If the storm somehow hits a cat 4 or cat 5............no telling what the port damage could be and how long it would take to get it up and running again.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

I so wish your wish becomes true :)
That would make us on tomorrow’s dream come back as planned and we’ll be able to drive back (7 hrs) home

Oh goodness! I hope you’re able to get home. Part of me is still holding out hope that it will make a sharp right and go back out to sea. Cause we did not get trip insurance.

where did someone see it hits Tuesday? everything i'm reading still hits Sunday late or early monday?

that would be the eye would be there Tuesday. But the beginnings of the bands and high winds are still Sunday late or monday morning.

Just got an email The plan is still to sail on Friday (Dream). Itinerary could be changed and if it isn't safe we will come back Tuesday instead of Monday.

Just got an email The plan is still to sail on Friday (Dream). Itinerary could be changed and if it isn't safe we will come back Tuesday instead of Monday.
And what would happen with the cruise sailling Monday 2nd? Would they cut one day or arrive Saturday 7th instead of Friday 6th?

Cruisers on Monday will probably get a notification as well. There is also the option to cancel your cruise for this weekend and reschedule but you have to do it by Friday at noon (I think is what it says). If you look at the weather reports Nassau reports pretty typical weather for a summer weekend. Coming back to port may be bouncy. And of course with any hurricane things can change on a dime.

We're staying - or going, as it were. More fun on a cruise ship than stuck inside waiting it out at home. :)

Hopefully, you all have answers soon. If you fly in and the cruise cancels then you have to worry about finding a hotel. Flights out of Florida are going to be backed up for days. Sounds stressful.

I'm flying from Spain tomorrow morning for Monday 2nd cruise... If the cruise does not sail, I have to find something until Friday... 7000 kilometers for nothing :(

Also we're having here an industrial strike. They're going to be a funny holidays!!

Last edited:
I'm flying from Spain tomorrow morning for Monday 2nd cruise... If the cruise does not sail, I have to find something until Friday... 7000 for nothing :(

Also we're having here a industrial strike. They're going to be a funny holidays!!
They will refund your cruise money. I would start looking for hotel availability now. I would plan for the worst and hope for the best.

They will refund your cruise money. I would start looking for hotel availability now. I would plan for the worst and hope for the best.
Yes, you're right. We are going to search for a backup plan if the cruise does not sail. Unless a hotel with 100% refund if we finally sail.

Definitely start looking for a hotel now. There will be evacuations and the evacuees will be coming inland. Disney is always a popular choice for those seeking shelter.
I live in central FL. Just a heads up, bottled water is scarce and gas lines have started.

I wonder what kind of itinerary changes we can expect for the 8/30 sailing on Dream. Royal is sailing the Mariner on a 3-day out of Canaveral the same date, and has said they are still PLANNING to go to Nassau on Saturday. Will be interesting to say the least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter