This weekend in Bahamas

they just made the 8/30 cruise a 5 night cruise. coming back WEd. Cancelled the cruise on monday. Going to Cozumel on Sunday. and then Tuesday Castaway Cay. Nice email saying we turned your cruise into a 5 night cruise at no additional charge. Sadly because of School we cannot do this and cancelling was the right decision.

I don’t think they will go to Castaway.
The employees that work there will either be preparing the island for the storm or already evacuated
I think Saturday at Castaway is unlikely at this point, given the 5 p.m. NHC update. I suppose it's possible they could do CC in the morning, then head SW. Looks like Dorian would pass closest to CC right about noon on Sunday.

*edit* - nvm. See above post

two night? like wed to friday? for the monday cruise?

That would be correct. They’re giving a 50% refund and a $250 on board credit.

I’m kinda bummed but work won’t let me reschedule my vacation days so we’re flying down into the hurricane.

I’m kinda bummed but work won’t let me reschedule my vacation days so we’re flying down into the hurricane.

I am supposed to be on this cruise (from my prior thread). I'm waiting to hear back from my daughter, but I think we will probably cancel. Fortunately, my work WILL let me reschedule, and I just don't see the value for us in only a 2-day cruise (for what will still be close to $1,500).

I honestly thought they would just cancel the Monday cruise, so they could see what kind of damage will be at the port. The Friday cruise is "lucky" because they get 2 free days, but flying into a hurricane on Monday or Tuesday to hopefully sail 2 days on Wednesday is not for me. I'm sorry you will be missing half of your trip, but hope you manage to have a good time.

Are they giving you the option to cancel.

You do realize flights will be cancelled?

I’m crossing my fingers that our flight to MCO will not be canceled next Wednesday the 4th. We sail next Friday the 6th on Dream. We usually drive, so I wouldn’t care. Nothing I can do but wait like everyone else. Glad I don’t live in the area though. Thoughts are with you. In South Carolina we usually end up with only wind and rain from them.

Last edited:
We cancelled due to the extension (and not being able to keep the grandson out of school). That said my TA has been on hold with DCL for several hours, last night and this morning, to let them know that we are canceling. We also talked about alternatives and hope that DCL comes through for us. There was not an option to cancel and get a refund (not the best thing because some folks will not be able to reschedule) and American Airlines is holding my tickets hostage for a few more days. Hopefully I will recoup some from that (we had to cancel our flight before the travel advisory was issued). Thanks again to our amazing TA who called just as we were leaving for the airport, yesterday, to give us the update!

I’m crossing my fingers that our flight to MCO will not be canceled next Wednesday the 4th. We sail next Friday the 6th on Dream. We usually drive, so I wouldn’t care. Nothing I can do but wait like everyone else. Glad I don’t live in the area though. Thoughts are with you. In South Carolina we usually end up with only wind and rain from them.

The latest track doesn't look good for MCO on Wednesday.

Just saw on Scott's blog(on his twitter feed) that MCO is ceasing commercial flight operations on Monday at 2am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter