thor meet and greet

fluffycow333

Mouseketeer
I'm a HUGE Thor fan and I am looking forward to meeting him in Disneyland. The only problem is that I'm paranoid that he's not going to still be there in August. Does anyone know how long his meet and greet is going to last?

Thank you

With the Avengers Half Marathon happening in November, I would expect to still be around at least through then.

With everything they've poured into that exhibit, plus with how cool it actually is, plus no real Avenger movie to bump him out... I'd say you're in luck.

Ooooh...super excited to hear that Thor is there. My dd is a huge fan. Where is the meet and greet?

Ooooh...super excited to hear that Thor is there. My dd is a huge fan. Where is the meet and greet?

It's at Innoventions, but they are not open all day, so check the schedule. They also have the Captain America meet and greet, plus the Iron Man hall of armor. The Marvel characters and Carsland are the only reasons DS6 wants to go to DLR. Otherwise, he'd be just as happy, if not happier, at Legoland. Go figure.

THANK GOODNESS HE'LL STILL BE THERE! I'm so excited I know they do a little show and pick someone to lift Mjolnir (am i right?) and I'm going to wear my Thor shirt and hat so I'll stand out a little :)

THANK GOODNESS HE'LL STILL BE THERE! I'm so excited I know they do a little show and pick someone to lift Mjolnir (am i right?) and I'm going to wear my Thor shirt and hat so I'll stand out a little :)

Thor always seems to pick a child (usually a boy) to try to lift the hammer, but if there are no children in your group, you might be lucky! I say go for it!!!

P.S. I'm going on my past experiences with this meet & greet.

So is this more than just a character meeting? Is there a show too? My dh and I waited in line in April, but the line never moved after about 20 minutes, so we left. My ds really wants to meet Thor and Captain America, so we are planning on getting there right at 11:00 on our first day in DL.

So is this more than just a character meeting? Is there a show too? My dh and I waited in line in April, but the line never moved after about 20 minutes, so we left. My ds really wants to meet Thor and Captain America, so we are planning on getting there right at 11:00 on our first day in DL.

For Captain America, you just wait in line and each person/group meets, talks and gets photos with him - no show.
For Thor, a group of people (about 10 - 15) is taken into a middle room that has some "Treasures of Asgard" displays. This group then goes in to meet Thor. He talks for awhile and chooses the child to try and lift the Hammer, then each person/group gets to meet, talk and get pictures with Thor - so a little "show" but there is no full blown show.

Both of these meet and greets are totally worth the wait! :)

When we were there the week aster Fathers' Day, the M&G didn't open until 11. So unless you really get there late, I'd say hit some other stuff first :)

I imagine it is going to be there for a while.. until they have a more permanant area to move it or they have other plans for innovations. So at least through next summer.

Do you think the Thor meet and greet is worth going too first or it doesn't matter what time you go?
I would definitely do Thor first. Line up outside of Innovations about 15 minutes before it opens. Upon entering the building, go straight past Ironman exhibit and line up for Thor meet and greet. It is on the left after rounding past Ironman exhibit. Then continue moving clockwise to Captain America and finally round back to check out Ironman suits.

I would definitely do Thor first. Line up outside of Innovations about 15 minutes before it opens. Upon entering the building, go straight past Ironman exhibit and line up for Thor meet and greet. It is on the left after rounding past Ironman exhibit. Then continue moving clockwise to Captain America and finally round back to check out Ironman suits.

This is probably the best way to do it, given that with Thor, they take you in groups (like the Haunted Mansion queue), so it's very stop-and-go. With Captain America, it's a little more of a continual flow.

I would think they would keep Captain America and Thor at least through November and the Avengers half-marathon weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter