Those going next week, what's your plan for the cold?

Y'all, I know FL cold feels different than a normal cold at home and we are preparing to layer up and expect it to feel cooler than expected...but I can't tell you how excited I am to be leaving THIS cold. The wind chill is BRISK, y'all. 🥶

View attachment 726998
Did you get out of this cold? We are stuck in it til tomorrow as our flights yesterday were cancelled.

We've been at WDW on several December trips and with all kinds of weather. Muggy, rainy, and cold and I mean rain every day of our trip. I'll take the chill every single time. Of course, I'm from New England and used to it as long as I'm prepared, I'm good to go.

We are from Canada and thought we were prepared. Uniqlo heattech, sweater, packable down jacket, warm hat, blankets for the fireworks…we were shivering at night on Dec 23. I wasn’t so bad because I ran around all night caring for various members of my family.

We decided to skip the parks the rest of the weekend and have been spending most of our time in our condo.

We are here for 2 weeks though. Might have sucked it up for a short trip.

Our Saturday morning flight out of NY got canceled late Friday night. We couldn't get a flight till this Thursday which wouldn't work around the school break. It took four phone calls, three disconnections (one at 3 hrs & 50 minutes) and a total of 9 1/2 hours with Southwest to rebook our flights to our spring break. There were errors trying to rebook online, and the credited amounts were incorrect. At first we were upset, but happy we didn't get stranded like many have on connected flights that were canceled. Perhaps next year we will try for Christmas week again.

Our Saturday morning flight out of NY got canceled late Friday night. We couldn't get a flight till this Thursday which wouldn't work around the school break. It took four phone calls, three disconnections (one at 3 hrs & 50 minutes) and a total of 9 1/2 hours with Southwest to rebook our flights to our spring break. There were errors trying to rebook online, and the credited amounts were incorrect. At first we were upset, but happy we didn't get stranded like many have on connected flights that were canceled. Perhaps next year we will try for Christmas week again.
Wow that’s terrible. Sorry you couldn’t make it out. The cold weather did put a damper on things. If you told me 6 months ago what the week was going to be like, I wouldn’t have booked.

Today was the first nice day(our last day) to relax at the pool.

Hoping our SW flight isn’t cancelled.

Just wanted to say this somewhere: I am envious of anybody going to Disney World this weekend. To go to Disney at Christmas and have it actually feel like Christmas seems like a rare and wonderful experience to me.
I already know what Christmas feels like at 20 degrees. I wanted to experience it at 75 degrees. :)

I wanted to revisit this thread, because we were there for Christmas and I think the cold made it better! I mean, I was cold, but we are from the northeast and had our winter hats, gloves and coats. I felt bad for people who were unprepared or maybe just didn't have those items to pack from home.

From my perspective, the parks were less crowded than I anticipated due to cold. We really didn't have too many crowds Christmas eve. Christmas Day we didn't do parks but did resort hopping.

The worst day was Friday 12/23 when it was so beautiful during the day and then plummeted at night. I didn't go back to the room for my coat so I was definitely cold but I had long sleeves.

The rest of the week was great although I did use a coat most of the time.

Sorry for all of you affected by Southwest and other delays/cancellations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter