Those that went over Christmas 2020??

dprincessmom

dprincessmom
If you went over Christmas 2020 can you please explain how the COVID testing went for you? This year Christmas falls on Saturday, we would likely fly out the 26th. I expect labs will take Friday off as Christmas "holiday" so if I have a sample done on the 23rd don't see the test results happening. I know there are rapid test places but I just trying to get some first hand experience.

Labs are generally 24/7 365. My neighbor works for Lab Corp and while volume slows when doctors are closed, the lab remains open. Hospitals don’t close and not all hospitals have an internal lab for all tests.

If you went over Christmas 2020 can you please explain how the COVID testing went for you? This year Christmas falls on Saturday, we would likely fly out the 26th. I expect labs will take Friday off as Christmas "holiday" so if I have a sample done on the 23rd don't see the test results happening. I know there are rapid test places but I just trying to get some first hand experience.

Keep in mind that one of the proposals on the table from the Lt. Gov, who happens to be a MD, is to allow vaccinated individuals to bypass testing. It may be in effect by May. In short, a lot could change in the next 10 months!

I went over Thanksgiving. I took a test in Seattle and they had the results around 6 am the next morning. Find a lab that guarantees 24 hour results. It might cost more, but it's worth it.

Will need to check the lab and see if they are open/run tests on Saturdays/Sundays.
During this past winter, there were testers that recommended people to not fly on a Tuesday/Wednesday as they could not guarantee that they could get the results back in time.
Especially true for mail in tests as UPS may not deliver on Sundays.

I got rapid testing with guaranteed 24 hour results back.. well worth avoiding the nerves of not getting tests back within the 72 hour window before the flight. People reported cancelling their vacations at the airport because of results not coming back in time. Check the threads in this forum back in Nov/Dec to read those experiences. Should be one of the longer COVID threads.

All depends If Hawaii is still in the same COVID protocols and asking for 72 hour testing in advance as the only means of bypassing quarantine.

Will need to check the lab and see if they are open/run tests on Saturdays/Sundays.
During this past winter, there were testers that recommended people to not fly on a Tuesday/Wednesday as they could not guarantee that they could get the results back in time.
Especially true for mail in tests as UPS may not deliver on Sundays.

I got rapid testing with guaranteed 24 hour results back.. well worth avoiding the nerves of not getting tests back within the 72 hour window before the flight. People reported cancelling their vacations at the airport because of results not coming back in time. Check the threads in this forum back in Nov/Dec to read those experiences. Should be one of the longer COVID threads.

All depends If Hawaii is still in the same COVID protocols and asking for 72 hour testing in advance as the only means of bypassing quarantine.

Yes finger crossed that we are far enough away that we can see a somewhat "normal" travel world again by then

Yes finger crossed that we are far enough away that we can see a somewhat "normal" travel world again by then

Hawaii is actively looking at getting a vaccine exemption now, so depending on where you live most people who want one should have the opportunity by Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter