Those using swagbucks ???

A couple of things:

-Virtual CC on sale. I've never had one of these so I have no idea how it works. View attachment 292434

- Swago starts Monday! this will be interesting since there is barely anything that works. o_O

-Remember that 1500SB Survey that required a picture of your insurance card? I submitted a card that expired years ago and got credit this morning. I have no idea why I still carry it around :upsidedow

I cashed out for a $25 MC the other day. Used it at shopDisney and bought a $25 Disney GC. Easy peasy. I usually cash out for Target, but with all of the changes, I figured I needed a new plan.

Oh boy! In November I did a referral to my mom for Swago and there was an offer where each side could earn 300 SB if your referral did at least 300 points in November. I was beginning to think it was a load of crock, but it just posted today.

What are the changes? I bought a $100 Disney GC at Target just after Christmas. I just made sure to write out the Access #s.

More and more people are getting shot down by cashiers/managers doing GC->GC transactions. Self checkouts are starting to require cashier assistance. Access codes are becoming required for most people. Things like that, take something that used to be quick and easy and turn it into a (small) pain. No, using 1 GC and access code, is not the end of the world, but FOR ME, using multiple GCs and access codes takes more time and is a hassle. And if more cashiers start shooting down people for using GC->GC transactions, I do not want to be stuck with too much $$ tied up in Target GCs.

I cashed out for a $25 MC the other day. Used it at shopDisney and bought a $25 Disney GC. Easy peasy. I usually cash out for Target, but with all of the changes, I figured I needed a new plan.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm thinking this should work at Amazon too? Anyone else use the virtual MC (successfully or unsuccessfully)?

More and more people are getting shot down by cashiers/managers doing GC->GC transactions. Self checkouts are starting to require cashier assistance. Access codes are becoming required for most people. Things like that, take something that used to be quick and easy and turn it into a (small) pain. No, using 1 GC and access code, is not the end of the world, but FOR ME, using multiple GCs and access codes takes more time and is a hassle. And if more cashiers start shooting down people for using GC->GC transactions, I do not want to be stuck with too much $$ tied up in Target GCs.

It's always a good idea to have a Plan B (and maybe a Plan C) in place when dealing with gift cards.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm thinking this should work at Amazon too? Anyone else use the virtual MC (successfully or unsuccessfully)?

The virtual MC used to be discounted all the time. I'd get them and deposit them directly to my Disney Vacation Account (how do I miss that account!).

Thanks! I was just wondering if there was an actual policy statement that had come out about Target. My sister was a manager for awhile at Target and she told me GCs are merchandise and you could use Target GCs to buy other brands. I thought about switching to paypal, but then I realized each account needs its own paypal account. I get nervous with the prepaid CC because I have had issues using ones in the past.

This is Target's Policy as stated online:

Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa, Mastercard and iTunes gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com.

This is Target's Policy as stated online:

Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa, Mastercard and iTunes gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com.
Correct...the specialty gift cards (i.e. Disney) cannot be purchased with a Target gift card from target.com. You CAN use a Target gift card to buy a specialty gift card in the store.

Correct...the specialty gift cards (i.e. Disney) cannot be purchased with a Target gift card from target.com. You CAN use a Target gift card to buy a specialty gift card in the store.

I would add that you can purchase a Disney gift card with a Target gift card in-store IF the manager has not decided to disallow it. There is a current discussion about this in the Disney Gift Card Deals thread.

I would add that you can purchase a Disney gift card with a Target gift card in-store IF the manager has not decided to disallow it. There is a current discussion about this in the Disney Gift Card Deals thread.[/QUOTE

I canNOT use Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards at my local Target. I still can at Sam’s & Walmart, but not at my Target.

I canNOT use Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards at my local Target. I still can at Sam’s & Walmart, but not at my Target.

Last edited:
I use them for all the SB offers I do. I've only had a problem at one place (world wide books - or something like that) where I could not get the order to go through, but I am unsure if it was due to the prepaid card or something else.

I have used one in the past at amazon. I bought an amazon GC with it and then added it to my account, no problem.

Thanks - just cashed out for a $5 MC to make sure I can use it -- if so, that's a good Plan B (or even Plan A).

Discover special offers:

tell us your views on Christmas
Get $30 in reward money to spend
50 SB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter