• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those using swagbucks ???

How do you determine when to use SB versus ebates for the shopping?

I also compare percentages. If Ebates and Swagbucks are the same I choose Swagbucks. For one thing, when the bucks credit they can help put me over my goal for that day, so a little bonus there. Also, once a month on Swagbucks you can get a discounted gift card so SB go a little farther.

Did a gold survey on the app this morning specifically for the SWAGO board. My survey points credited, but the SWAGO board didn't fill in. Does it only fill in if you don't complete the survey? It's the one for a gold survey attempt on the app.

Getting ready to redeem my first gift card!pixiedust::rockband:pixiedust:

I really want to be able to use the Walmart Cards, but is there a way you can combine them in the store or online? Is there a limit to how many you can use in a purchase in the store? I saw online that you can only use 4 per order, and if I stick to $25 cards, that won't allow me to use all gift cards to buy their discounted disney cards.

I really want to be able to use the Walmart Cards, but is there a way you can combine them in the store or online? Is there a limit to how many you can use in a purchase in the store? I saw online that you can only use 4 per order, and if I stick to $25 cards, that won't allow me to use all gift cards to buy their discounted disney cards.
Congrats on redeeming your first card!! Way to go! Hopefully it will be the first of many for you. :)
I go to Sam's Club to redeem my Walmart cards for Disney cards, and I've never encountered a limit on number of gift cards per order. Last time I was using 5 cards, and the time before I think I used 6.

has anyone had trouble with doing the free samples or surveys and not being credited with your swagbucks!?

Yep you can still purchase Disney GC in store using Target GC. There is absolutely nothing in their system that stops it right now. You can even buy them at self-checkout so you don't have to deal with a cashier thinking it is impossible and refusing to allow it.

I need to get on this. Between my husband and I, I think we have $300 to convert to Disney GCs. Project for tomorrow apparently.

Congrats on redeeming your first card!! Way to go! Hopefully it will be the first of many for you. :)
I go to Sam's Club to redeem my Walmart cards for Disney cards, and I've never encountered a limit on number of gift cards per order. Last time I was using 5 cards, and the time before I think I used 6.

You know what ... I never thought to do this. I never thought to try a Walmart GC at Sam's. What are the Disney GC's there? 3 $50 for $14x??

has anyone had trouble with doing the free samples or surveys and not being credited with your swagbucks!?

Yes, all the time. Lifescript offers very rarely credit, I've stopped doing them all together. I've had issues with Swagbucks from a while now. And lately it's gotten worse. It's a shame really because they used to be a good site. Now it's a constant battle to get the points I earn, and they've pretty much told me they don't care.

You know what ... I never thought to do this. I never thought to try a Walmart GC at Sam's. What are the Disney GC's there? 3 $50 for $14x??
That's right, the Disney GC's are three $50 for $142.98. Nice to have that discount!

can anyone confirm that you can use a walmart gift card to buy disney gift cards?
Sure, I do this all the time. I've redeemed Walmart GCs for Disney GCs at Sam's Club, both in the store and online, and once at a Walmart store. My favorite is to redeem at Sam's because I get a nice discount on the Disney cards.

Yeah!
In the good ole days (last year) you could use your smaller gift cards to buy a larger one on the WalMart site. They stopped allowing this though.

Like @travelbug, I've also used multiple WalMart gift cards at Sam's Club to buy Disney.
But I do other rewards programs besides Swagbucks (mPlus Places, Ibotta, My Coke Rewards, etc...) and having a bunch of $5, $10 and $25 cards was a hassle, so I now go ahead and combine the small ones at WalMart Customer Service. They will put them on a regular WalMart gift card that can also be used at Sam's Club.

Has anyone done the magazine offer: three magazines for $10 with a 1000SB reward?
I'm contemplating this because one of the magazines they offer is a subscription I dropped a few years ago (Better Homes/Garden) when I was cutting unnecessary expenses.

Also, for anyone who did the TrackR offer, I noticed the details said they could take away Swagbucks if you use a discount code (which I did). Sure hope they don't claw back those SB!

Theoretically you can add walmart gift cards to the walmart pay app, although I haven't had good luck actually getting it to work yet.

I just tried to purchase my $100 Disney gift card using 4 $25 Target gift cards like I've done several times before all using swagbucks redemeed Target cards. Well, this time, the order went through, but shortly after I received an email that the order was cancelled! I called to find out what was going on and was told that Target will no longer be accepting Target gift cards as payment for other gift cards!!! Online or in-store. Anyone else having this experience? I'm new here, is it right that Walmart lets you buy Disney gift cards? I have LOTS of points stored up just for Disney and am really bummed about this....

Last edited:
I just tried to purchase my $100 Disney gift card using 4 $25 Target gift cards like I've done several times before all using swagbucks redemeed Target cards. Well, this time, the order went through, but shortly after I received an email that the order was cancelled! I called to find out what was going on and was told that Target will no longer be accepting Target gift cards as payment for other gift cards!!! Online or in-store. Anyone else having this experience? I'm new here, is it right that Walmart lets you buy Disney gift cards? I have LOTS of points stored up just for Disney and am really bummed about this....

You can still buy them in store at this point in time. Nothing in their system prevents it. I just bought more Disney GC using Target GC in store last night. You can even buy them at self-checkout to avoid cashiers trying to enforce a policy that is not displayed anywhere.

Hey all!! Fairly new to Swagbucks and I'm about to redeem my first reward. Has anyone done the paypal redemption? I'm hoping to redeem and just keep it as savings until our Disney trip and then just transfer the money into my bank. Is it a fairly quick and painless process? I'm wondering if I'd be better off just getting a Target gift card and using it to buy what we would normally purchase at Target and then transferring that savings to our account. Decisions Decisions!

Hey all!! Fairly new to Swagbucks and I'm about to redeem my first reward. Has anyone done the paypal redemption? I'm hoping to redeem and just keep it as savings until our Disney trip and then just transfer the money into my bank. Is it a fairly quick and painless process? I'm wondering if I'd be better off just getting a Target gift card and using it to buy what we would normally purchase at Target and then transferring that savings to our account. Decisions Decisions!
My friend does the paypal card a lot without any problems. It does take her longer to receive it than the Target or Walmart cards though. Usually the full 10-14 days they say to allow it. I usually do the Target cards but will likely start doing the PayPal also since some people are having a hard time using the Target cards to buy Disney cards now. I would suggest taking advantage of the one discounted card you get a month from Swagbucks first though. PayPal is never one that gets discounted.

When you redeem for Paypal 2500 SB = $25. But as @mrsstooks mentioned, one time a month you can get a discounted gift card. So a $25 Target or Walmart gift card (and some others) will only cost you 2200 SB. For this reason many people cash out their first gift card of the month for a store card and any additional redemptions that month go to Paypal.

In Canada the only one that is discounted for me is Amazon.ca. Since I don't often use Amazon, I've just been redeeming for Paypal. I'm at $200 in paypal credit since I started in the first week of June. :)
I like it being in Paypal. It's out of sight , out of mind at this point. I will transfer it back into my bank account when I need to use it. I plan to give it a week or two to hit the account. Chances are I will pay for whatever aspect of the trip the money is earmarked for with my credit card, and then just pay off the credit card with what I've accumulated through Swagbucks. Our next trip to Disney won't be until next August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter