Those with kids under 3, opinions please?

princessap

DIS Veteran
I am debating views at BLT and am wondering if anyone else considers staying on a lower floor with young children? I know lakeview are higher up so am considering std view in order to be lower floor!

Is ths worth taking into consideration?.

I am debating views at BLT and am wondering if anyone else considers staying on a lower floor with young children? I know lakeview are higher up so am considering std view in order to be lower floor!

What view do you want? Kids under 3 will be happy with anything.

I don't think floor level matters much with small kids. Unless you're on the first or second floor, probably you'd take the elevator anyway, right? And if you have a stroller stairs are a pain.

First floor might be a little better because you can just roll right in with a stroller and not wait for an elevator - but it might be a difference of like 5 minutes- so not a huge deciding factor.

We stayed there with a my little one a few years back. I requested a room near the elevator which we did get. It was no problem at all! We were up high, beautiful view but still convenient because of the elevator. You also need access to the walkway which is on the 4th floor. You will love it :)

I am more worried about them on the balcony when we are up high! LOL
they will be 2, 5 and 7 when we go next year.

View wise I would love to do TPV but we are only staying four nights and two we will be at the parks for sure! so not really worth it. Considering standard view to be lower but have heard lakeview is really pretty view...decisions decisions

I would suggest ground floor if for no other reason than to avoid the elevator all together.

There are lake views that are lower, on the outside of the ring. We had a great villa one year on the outside of the ring, lake view, facing south. I forget the floor but I remember we used the stairs that's how low it was.

First floor might be a little better because you can just roll right in with a stroller and not wait for an elevator - but it might be a difference of like 5 minutes- so not a huge deciding factor.

Exactly why we are requesting ground floor. With 16 people 3 strollers the wait for the elevators will be a real pain for us

unless you're on the first floor or the floor with the skybridge (5th?), elevators are going to be a part of what you're doing no matter what. With that being the case, it doesn't really make a huge difference from a time and convenience standpoint -- it's not such a large building that you'll get delays for the elevator if you're way up.

blt elevator are pretty fast - now about half time you will wait.

the 5th floor is the best because it is the skywalk to CR - where the restuarants and shops are located.

you are getting the 1-bedroom right - the livingroom does not have easy access to the balcony - the bedroom does.

I am more worried about them on the balcony when we are up high! LOL
they will be 2, 5 and 7 when we go next year.

View wise I would love to do TPV but we are only staying four nights and two we will be at the parks for sure! so not really worth it. Considering standard view to be lower but have heard lakeview is really pretty view...decisions decisions

I completely understood your question because my children are 2,5,5, and 7. We are going again next May and I have the same concerns. I was there for a night this past May and I was on the third floor. Maybe I am just being overprotective but I never let our children on the balcony.

I completely understood your question because my children are 2,5,5, and 7. We are going again next May and I have the same concerns. I was there for a night this past May and I was on the third floor. Maybe I am just being overprotective but I never let our children on the balcony.

We are staying in January and my daughter will be about 2 and half. I'm fairly certain no one will be using the balcony while she's awake. I told my husband it's something we can use when she's sleeping and bring our monitor with us. I have a terrible fear she will climb and fall. It takes a blink of an eye to miss something. We were on the 15th floor last time when she was only 15 months old and it still terrified me just holding her out there.

I agree. I am worried too. I will request fifth floor to be near walkway no matter what view I book but am really considering std to be lowest floor possible. We went to bonnet creek when my middle dd was 15 months and it made me so nervous her on the balcony.

Does anyone know how easy it is to block off the balcony?

We are staying in January and my daughter will be about 2 and half. I'm fairly certain no one will be using the balcony while she's awake. I told my husband it's something we can use when she's sleeping and bring our monitor with us. I have a terrible fear she will climb and fall. It takes a blink of an eye to miss something. We were on the 15th floor last time when she was only 15 months old and it still terrified me just holding her out there.

I agree completely and it actually makes me more nervous when someone is holding them near balconies vs them standing on them. There is more chance they will squirm or someone will drop them over then then climbing over (in my opinion anyways)

What view did you book?

I couldn't agree more.

I agree. I am worried too. I will request fifth floor to be near walkway no matter what view I book but am really considering std to be lowest floor possible. We went to bonnet creek when my middle dd was 15 months and it made me so nervous her on the balcony.

Does anyone know how easy it is to block off the balcony?

I am not sure how easy it would be to block them off but what I read on these boards is that you always want to check the locks. I have read more then once of locks not working on the doors that lead to the balconies.

The good news there is that it only took a call to the front desk to fix the problem but I still would not want that to happen to me.

Thanks. Really considering std view so we are lower and we arent in room that much. But not sure if lakeview is better or not?!

I agree completely and it actually makes me more nervous when someone is holding them near balconies vs them standing on them. There is more chance they will squirm or someone will drop them over then then climbing over (in my opinion anyways) What view did you book?

We always book lake view. The view is just so amazing. For our January trip we originally booked theme park view but I was too afraid I would be disappointed based on reviews and didn't want to waste all those points on it. With lake view I know what to expect and I have never been disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter