Thought I booked AP rate, but confirmation paper has RACK instead!!

HugsForEeyore

DIS Veteran
I am seeing red right now!!! :mad:

Last Wednesday, I got an AP rate at AKL for my April trip. Well, I THOUGHT I got an AP rate! When I called, the CM checked for AP rates for AKL, and found all views available, and I got pool view for $165. She was very specific - it WAS the AP rate for pool view. She even transfered my deposit from my previous room to this one, and I let her charge my card the difference of $83. She even told me the grand total of about $1100. It all seemed fine!

Now today, I get my confirmation in the mail and it is RACK RATE!!!! :mad: :mad: She NEVER applied the discount!!! My card was charged $100 more than she said for the deposit. Even though me and the CM took an half hour to make the reservations and we talked about this reservation being an AP rate, somehow it never went through! How can that happen?? So now I have a reservation for rack rate which I did not agree to! Probably no AP discounts left by now for my dates, anyway!!!! :mad:

So now, tomorrow at 7:00 am I will be on the phone trying to straighten out this mess. I don't know if I can get my rate back - as I guess it would be my word against theirs!

Since no one else has posted this happened to them, I guess I am the only one!! How can CRO screw up like that??? Everyone, check your confirmations!!! :sad2:

I have an AP rate at the GF for April. I had the confirmation letter showing my AP rate. When I paid my deposit my new confirmation letter came and it showed the balance and I knew that it wasn't an AP discount. I called and a CM changed it back to an AP rate.
I know how you feel :wave2:

There was a challenge with the system when passholder rates came out so some of the confirmations do show a description of rack rate but if you do the math plus taxes the total should equal the passholder rates. Hope you were able to have pleasant dreams last night and not villainous nightmares.

TiggerInLBV said:
There was a challenge with the system when passholder rates came out so some of the confirmations do show a description of rack rate but if you do the math plus taxes the total should equal the passholder rates. Hope you were able to have pleasant dreams last night and not villainous nightmares.
It clearly states the nightly rate is $265. The deposit charged for one night was clearly the rack rate. The AP rate was suppose to be $165. :( :(

Mirlow - nice to know you were able to get your rate corrected. I will be up right at 7:00 to try to fix this! I just can't imagine how the CM could be tellng me all about my new AP rate, and then charge rack rate!!! What computer screen was she looking at?? Yea, sleeping will be hard tonight! :(

When did you guys get your confirmations? I booked my AP rate at 7:05am the day the codes came out and I still don't have my confirmation. Thanks!

We received ours yesterday. The rate was just as it should be--totally copacetic.

Good luck HugsForEeyore!

It happened to me too. Guest Services has told me they corrected the problem,but it was really upsetting. My confirm letter did have "proof of florida residency required at check-in" on the bottom even though it showed rack rate. I had also paid what should have been the full balance with the Fl Resident Rate and had been told by the original CM I was paid in full.
When you call ask to be switched to Guest Services.

Ok, got off the phone with CRO. Got right through at 7:01. CM was very efficient. She read back to me from the computer the correct AP rate, so the system has the right AP rate for our reservations. She said disregard the confirmation notice I already got, and in two weeks, I'll get another confirmation that should be right. Whew! I have booked AP rates many times and never received a "false" confirmation before. But the system had the correct AP rate, so that is what matters! Also made some PS's at the same time, so I made good use of that phone call!

Funny thing is, the CM did not think it was odd I would get a confirmation with the wrong information. She just kept telling me it takes two weeks to get the "updated" reservations. Obviously a computer system glitch, I guess. :confused3

So it seems all is well with the reservation. :) Thanks for the moral support!

I got mine yesterday and though it shows the correct rate it says that my package has to be paid off by April 8th and no other notice will be sent. I DON'T HAVE A PACKAGE, I have room only. I called and she verified this and she doesn't know why it has that on the page and said they were having problems. I have asked her to send me a new one as I don't want to show up and Disney says "Well, you didn't pay your package off on time so we canceled your room" and I wouldn't have a leg to stand on since it says so right on the confirmation letter.

Might the confirmation you got actually have been the cancellation of your initial reservation? Last year when we changed from PO-R @ rack to Ft Wilderness Cabins @ AP Rate, we got a cancellation that looked EXACTLY like a confirmation. The next day we received the confirmation for the new resort stay.

I suspect this might have been the case, since the CM at CRO had all your information correct in their system.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

They told me yesterday they had many computer problems on those first 2 days.The computer was putting discounted ressies back to rack rate. I had it a little harder then you when I called,the computer did not show the discount. The CM said they must have told you to call back and keep trying!I told her I never would have switched from a mod to a deluxe without a discount and would never have hung up Thursday at 7 AM without booking something with the discount.She said I can't help you and forwarded me to Guest Services who said they tried to correct all the problem ressies back to the correct discount but mine must have gotten past them. He apologized and fixed it, I told him if this was in person I would ask for a voucher for a free drink because now I need one!

debster812 said:
Might the confirmation you got actually have been the cancellation of your initial reservation? Last year when we changed from PO-R @ rack to Ft Wilderness Cabins @ AP Rate, we got a cancellation that looked EXACTLY like a confirmation. The next day we received the confirmation for the new resort stay.

I suspect this might have been the case, since the CM at CRO had all your information correct in their system.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you.
I did receive a cancelation on my original POP century rack rate reservations, which was a in a seperate envelope. And you're right - the words "cancelled" words are not very big and easy to miss! My AKL confirmation paper clearly states the full rate and deposit. I never had a AKL room at rack rate, which is why I was so worried that they sent me one. But CRO assures me that all is well in the system, so I will try to force myself to believe that! I will feel much better when I get the "real" confirmation! :cool:

CBCit - glad to hear you had your problem fixed, and were able to get your original rate back. Guess you had the same shock, to see full price when you thought you had a different rate! :eek:

HugsForEeyore said:
Ok, got off the phone with CRO. Got right through at 7:01. CM was very efficient. She read back to me from the computer the correct AP rate, so the system has the right AP rate for our reservations. She said disregard the confirmation notice I already got, and in two weeks, I'll get another confirmation that should be right. Whew! I have booked AP rates many times and never received a "false" confirmation before. But the system had the correct AP rate, so that is what matters! Also made some PS's at the same time, so I made good use of that phone call!

Funny thing is, the CM did not think it was odd I would get a confirmation with the wrong information. She just kept telling me it takes two weeks to get the "updated" reservations. Obviously a computer system glitch, I guess. :confused3

So it seems all is well with the reservation. :) Thanks for the moral support!

You mentioned that they charged you $100 more on your credit card. Were they able to adjust that for you?? Just curious how that works in CROville.

Denise

I am with you Hugfor EEyore, I really won't relax until I receive a confirmation that shows the discount rate. I tried to get them to send me an e-mail confirmation or at least an acknowledgement that the error was fixed,but Guest Services said they can't do e-mails,just trust them that it is taken care of. I trust them,its the computers I don't trust!

Booked my room last Wednesday and received the confirmation (plus 2 others for reservations we had cancelled!!!). Total is correct, but it does not do a per night charge (had to pop open the trusty calculator to check). Balance on "package" (must be standard phrasing on confirmations) is due by April 30.

My last years Fl Resident Rate confirmation also did not show per night charge but the "total package" even though it was room only ressie.

SqueakyMouse said:
Booked my room last Wednesday and received the confirmation (plus 2 others for reservations we had cancelled!!!). Total is correct, but it does not do a per night charge (had to pop open the trusty calculator to check). Balance on "package" (must be standard phrasing on confirmations) is due by April 30.

Received my confirmation for WL, woods view, with AP discount for $165 per night. The package total was correct. The funny thing is I went online a few days after and it had the rack rate, so I called CRO and they said they wouldn't apply the AP discount until check-in when I presented the AP, which was fine with me, but then why did the paper confirmation reflect the discount? No arguement here.

Also, it did indicate the remaining balance is due by 4/25 (our check in is 5/16). I'll assume this is incorrect based on other posts I've seen, but I'll probably call to check anyway. Who would pay a resort in full BEFORE check
in??!! :confused3

Mirlow - hey ho - this is your friend from DC, as you can see I am just Earning My Ears. Heard the AP rates are out through July...just want to see what the discounts are! Sorry we will miss you on your trek East but will catch up soon!

Should I be worried if I have not received ANY confirmation leters?!? There was a mix up with my address that FINALLY (after the 4th call) was fixed...but when should I be getting the confirmation? This was done last wed-fri...

Well hello MHS :) Good to see you on the DIS.

pumpkinfish you can always go to the WDW site and look up your reservation. This is what I did. That's how I found their mistake. It showed a balance of over $7,000 for a 6 night GF stay on an AP rate. I knew that wasn't right. My other reservations were fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter