Thought I booked AP rate, but confirmation paper has RACK instead!!

Well, I just called and everything is good to go. They showed it was an AP rate, and sometimes the DIsney site has glitches (dealing with cooies, ect) :confused3 I dunno...BUT we did discover that the payment I made the other night NEVER went through (for whatever reason). So we made the payment over again, and now all is well in THE WORLD! LOL :rotfl2:

Just a warning - After receiving a correct reservation sheet in the mail, I received an incorrect reservation in the mail the next day (had change my rack rate to AP rate on the morning of March 9th). I called to verify my reservation and it was incorrect in the computer!! I had to be transfered to customer service and fax them copies of both sheets. Please don't assume that everything is correct, get it in writing!! There was a bug in the system during booking of the AP rates on the first morning :badpc: .
Beware - Beware :earseek:

Just to let every know the way Disney sets up their discount are like package. That why it says that the package amount and a due date, but there is really not a due date on it.

HugsForEeyore said:
Since no one else has posted this happened to them, I guess I am the only one!!

Last June we had 2 rooms at the Poly. One was with an AP rate (they only had 1 room left at that rate) and the other room was at the Disney Visa rate. We had confirmation letters for both. Somehow in the middle of our ressie I found out our AP room had been changed out of the AP rate. CM I spoke to said I changed it. I said why would I change my room rate to pay more than I was paying before. They told me I had to speak to customer service, I held on atleast 20 minnutes and no one ever came to the phone. I hung up and called back and the cm I got that time told me I had AP rate--booked today! When the AP rates had already been long gone.

Koko said:
Who would pay a resort in full BEFORE check
in??!! :confused3

ME! You see, if I pay for it in full before my my last Disney Visa statement comes out before I leave, I get those Disney Dollars to spend at Disney. It is like getting another small discount off of the room..... a free drink or dinner at Disney is great. Plus, don't have to worry about it at check in. You are all paid up sir, have a nice stay.......

Another mix-up story. I called last May after General codes came out. I was already booked with AP rate, but wanted to check to see if general codes were lower. They were not and I specifically told the CM so keep the AP rate. A week later I got a new confirmation saying I was confirmed at the higher rate. The CM had accidentally changed it. A quick call to CRO got it straightened out, but my heart skipped a beat there.....

I also have the AP ressie that says the package is due 21 days before arrival. I will call to make sure that it is check in, but like I said above, I pay in full at least a month ahead of time anyways. Just want to make sure the room only cancellation policy is there, in case something tragic happens.....

Duds

Mt room only reservations for AKL under AP rates also indicated that it was due to be pd in full a few weeks prior to check in. When I called, they indicated it was a computer error and that room only reservations did not need to be paid early.

It took me a couple of days to get back on and type this whole thing over again. I was really fuming. So anyway, here goes...

On the "official" day that AP codes were released I called at 7:08 in the morning and waited on hold for an hour and a half. After going mad and finally giving into my urge to sing "yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me" I finally got someone on the line. His name was Filbert. He couldn't find any availability with the codes for POFQ even though we already had a room booked. He even tried some of the deluxe resorts and the rest of the moderate resorts to no avail. He asked me to hold on again and finally found availability at WL (we really wanted to stay there or the beach club). It had to split up our stay since we were staying more than ten nights. The first two nights he put us in a courtyard view room since that was the least expensive room that they had available but the next nine nights we would have a standard view room. Both reservations had the AP code applied. I was so excited. He gave me the new balances and everything was correct. Since I had already put down a deposit for our ressie at POFQ that could be applied to our new ressie at the WL but I would need to put down more money. I then put down $300 (plus the previous $183.97). I was VERY excited. I called DH to tell him the good news.

After that, I realized that I should have checked on our PS ressies since we had made them while we were booked to stay at POFQ and would now be staying at the WL. I called from work at lunch and waited my whole lunch hour but had to hang up so I decided to call from my cell phone on the way home from work. I called from my cell phone in the car and waited for 30 more minutes and hung up to call from my house.

I called as soon as I got in the house and only had to wait 30 minutes. Thank goodness because the pirate song was really start to get to me. I talked to another CM who told me that she would need to change the PS ressies to reflect the resort change in case they needed to contact us. For some reason I had this feeling that I should check on our balances (just to make sure the AP rate was applied). Sure enough, it was a good thing that I checked. She told me that I was set to pay rack rate and that both of my deposits had been applied to the same ressie so that one of my ressies was going to be cancelled at the end of the day had I not put down a deposit on that one. I was shocked. She checked availability and there was only the courtyard view for the first two nights and woods view for the next 9 nights. I said I would take it even though I wasn't thrilled about it. I had already been quoted something else. Oh well, it would have to do. She told me that I had my name listed twice on the reservation (married and maiden) and called guest services to see how to take the maiden name off. She said that they would look into it and fix it for me. Well to make a long story short. She said that she couldn't do it but she was able to put in a request to have the second deposit applied to the other of my two reservations. I said that instead of taking the chance that I lose my ressie I would rather put down an additional deposit. She seemed like she didn't want to be bothered and told me that my account was freezing her computer. I didn't like the sound of it. But what could I do. I then got off the phone and told DH. He was mad so he said he would call back.

DH called and waited on hold for 2 hours. He wasn't sure if he should stay on hold or hang up because the music stopped 40 minutes before someone answered the phone. He thought that maybe he was disconnected. Anyway, he after he finally got someone on the line he was told that the AP rates had still not been applied and at that time there were none left for the first two nights but we could get it for the 9 nights in the woods view room. HE WAS FURIOUS. Not because we had to pay that but we were quoted something twice and did not get what was quoted. The CM told him to keep calling back. During this time, the CM noticed that there were three names on the reservation but only two names were being charged. What happened is that Disney had my DH, me (married and maiden name). So he said he would take care of it.

So this all transpired on Wednesday. On Friday, DH and I went to dinner and when we got home we had a message waiting from Disney. They had called to inquire why we had two names on the room but three people needing the new transportation. DH called back (I was starting to lose my cool) and talked to someone named Yvonne. She REALLY knew what she was doing and fixed my name (deleted my maiden name). Rich was scared to ask about our room reservation. He wanted to see if we could now get the standard view room with the AP rate again. I was scared too. I didn't want to have it screwed up or taken off after all of this. Well he ended up asking and she found it for him. However, the first two nights would still be courtyard and no AP rate. At this point, we're still worried even though she seems to really know what she is doing.

I called back on Monday just to check the balances (this way I can find out if the AP rate was truly applied). The CM told me the balance. It was exactly what it should be with the AP rate. But then he tells me that the AP rate has not been applied to the 9 nights. I told him that I knew it had based on the balance. I even had him read the deposits (which matched up). I didn't want to take any chances that he might screw this up so I just thanked him and hung up.

I just want to say that this whole process of making reservations is "UN-magical" and I personally think it takes away from the vacation. I have been a nervous wreck. I think that some of these CMs need to be replaced. Some of them do a wonderful job but others either don't care or aren't trained well enough.

So this was my story that I had typed with a little variation seeing as I lost everything when I went to post it last week.

But now I have an update. Over the weekend, we got our confirmation (I was desperately awaiting it to make sure we had the AP rate for our last 9 nights). And lo and behold, it says annual passholder rate room only. YIPPEE!

Now here's my question. Do we call again to see if we can change the 2 night ressie to a woods or standard view or see if any AP rates are available? I am SCARED to call for fear that someone deletes our 9 night AP rate. It might just be worth it to pay $334 a night for the first two to get the $139 plus tax for the next nine nights. What do you all think? Who knows when we arrive, the front desk might even let us stay in the courtyard view room our whole trip instead of moving after the two nights.

Angie,

As a 7:00 veteran of many AP morning releases, :rolleyes: I always confirm my reesie after booking at the AP rate after the "craziness" of calling in once rates come out, usually a week or so after rates come out. By that time the CRO has had the opportunity to settle down. I also usually have cancellations and sometimes will also tweak the AP reesie. So now should be a good time.

I would ask your question on availability first before even giving them your confirmation number, then ask to have the reservation modified. That way you should not have to pay more (although you may have to make a 2nd reservation to do the 11 nights on the AP rate?).

Good luck, and ask for the upgrade. DH was not shy and we ended up getting a choice of a free upgrade to a pool view, or a $60 upgrade to concierge from our booked woods view. Our time at WL was magical. :cloud9:

ILoveDisney-Angie,
UGH!!!!!! Horrible!! I am getting panicked again after reading your post (I am the original poster of this thread, the one who got a rack rate confirmation after booking an AP :( ). Unfortunate that Disney couldn't process some people's AP reservations properly! Even though a CM assured me my reservation was an AP, I am still scared that my AP reservation is still screwed up. I know I should call and check again, but the CM I got last time was so nonchalant and made it seem like I was overreacting, that getting rack rate confirmations when booking an AP was perfectly normal. :rolleyes:

I am probably going to call again tomorrow, and maybe pay the full balance just to make sure it's taken care of! As of right now, I have no idea how much they charged my card for the deposit - I just want this all cleared up! :(

HugsforEeyore--Insist that you want a new correct confirmation letter sent to you ASAP. I called on a Monday afternoon after receiving my incorrect confirmation letter,the corrected confirmation letter got to me on Thursday.I tried to get them to e-mail me with the confirmation,but they insisted that was impossible,thankfully I did not have to wait long to get the corrected one.

CBCit said:
HugsforEeyore--Insist that you want a new correct confirmation letter sent to you ASAP. I called on a Monday afternoon after receiving my incorrect confirmation letter,the corrected confirmation letter got to me on Thursday.I tried to get them to e-mail me with the confirmation,but they insisted that was impossible,thankfully I did not have to wait long to get the corrected one.
Good news! Today I checked my mail, and there it was - a new confirmation, now with "Passholders Rate" on it, and the correct grand total of $1104. :teeth: :teeth: It also says "Modified" on the top, so I don't know if they always write that on every new confirmation they send, or if they actually had to modify my original reservation to get the AP rate! It also clearly states my deposit of one night at the AP rate, so now I know how much my card was charged. I am feeling better now, since now I actually have a correct confirmation in hand! :)

I Book our room @ AKL about a week ago with the AP rates July 4th - 13th and received our confirmation with AP rate stated on the Bottom of the letter :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter