Thoughts about new CDC guidelines and how it might affect your Disney vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal has just announced no more masks outside starting TOMORROW

I doubt if Disney will be far behind, so YAY! Things are definitely looking up for our 2022 trip. For a while there I was seriously thinking we wouldn’t even be able to go for the 50th at all - I won’t shell out all that money for a partial experience and uncomfortable mask.

Universal has just announced no more masks outside starting TOMORROW
It will be interesting to see how Disney responds to this. Will they maintain their adherence to CDC recommendations regardless of state or county policy, or is there now too much pressure when competitors are relaxing restrictions?

From Universal website today:
New Safety Guidelines: Getting Closer to Normal.
We’re excited to enhance your Universal experience with the latest safety updates from local health and government officials.
  • Face coverings are not mandatory while outdoors.
  • Face coverings are still required in all indoor locations including shops and restaurants.
  • Face coverings are required at all attractions—from the moment the queue begins until the exit of the experience.
  • Guests must still provide their own face covering.
  • Social Distancing between travel parties remains at three feet (1 meter).
As always, we remain focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards.

Sounds like a blueprint Disney might follow. So the next question becomes what criteria are they looking for to eliminate all social distancing and mask requirements?

From Universal website today:
New Safety Guidelines: Getting Closer to Normal.
We’re excited to enhance your Universal experience with the latest safety updates from local health and government officials.
  • Face coverings are not mandatory while outdoors.
  • Face coverings are still required in all indoor locations including shops and restaurants.
  • Face coverings are required at all attractions—from the moment the queue begins until the exit of the experience.
  • Guests must still provide their own face covering.
  • Social Distancing between travel parties remains at three feet (1 meter).
As always, we remain focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards.

Sounds like a blueprint Disney might follow. So the next question becomes what criteria are they looking for to eliminate all social distancing and mask requirements?

Well think of the improvement in the last 45 days.. That could happen in the next 30-40 days.. Also, it could happen when Orange County ends all mask mandates.

Some of those Queues are outdoors though..

My guess? By the 4th of July, or even sooner. I think sometime in Mid June

Call me crazy but is there ANY chance Disney tries to up universal and end ALL mask mandates? Nope but the thought is funny

I don't think Disney can follow with wearing masks at outdoor Queues though because they have alot more that are outside, or start outside. Kinda defeats the purpose...

I mean almost every ride at the kingdom, still wearing a mask outside in that heat, if they follow what Universal just did.

BTW. Orange County mayor also said he expects to reach 70 percent by JULY 4th, which would end ALL mask mandates. If Disney or universal don't do it before then, that will be the most likely date. Which you know they would end it a few days before the 4th.

Last edited:
Extremely worried I will have to cancel my trip in 3 weeks because Chapek hinted in the earnings call they might drop the mask requirement (NOTHING concrete was said, but it seemed implied that they are planning on doing it sooner rather than later). I just started packing too. But there is absolutely no way I'm going to Florida, with the highest number of cases in the country and several variants floating around, if there is no mask policy. Yes, I am fully vaccinated. I would consider going to Disneyland California if they opened up to non-residents as they have half the cases with nearly double the population.
Oh my gosh---we go in three weeks and I'm PRAYING the mask requirement is dropped. That would be a huge cause for celebration as far as we're concerned :) Let's hope it happens!!!!!

I’m literally over here dancing with joy for all of this good news with restrictions lifting! I’m a nurse, and have worked throughout this entire pandemic. I cannot tell you the happiness this brings me. I thought we’d never see the end many times during this last 15 months!!!

I’m literally over here dancing with joy for all of this good news with restrictions lifting! I’m a nurse, and have worked throughout this entire pandemic. I cannot tell you the happiness this brings me. I thought we’d never see the end many times during this last 15 months!!!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! and let's dance! Fully vaccinated, outdoors, without masks, three feet apart! I can handle it! I go in 36 days! If it's the same as Universal we can deal! At 68, I can't loose another year!

Around here private businesses are able to keep their mask rules. Can't say about Florida, it's a wacky place so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter