Thoughts of those we lost this year

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
Dbil at 59 years young (Lung Cancer). Prayers appreciated for his Wife 4 sons and their families at Christmas time. God Bless..

Dbil at 59 years young (Lung Cancer). Prayers appreciated for his Wife 4 sons and their families at Christmas time. God Bless..

Just said a prayer for your DBIL and his family.

I thankfully haven't lost anyone this year, but my dad died a week before Christmas 4 years ago. I can't believe it has been that long without him. Holidays aren't the same without my dad around. I loved him so dearly. I wish I would've taken the time to tell him "I love you" when he was still here.

...and thoughts of those still with us. My DMom is 98 and in a lock-down dementia ward. Some of us will spend time there with her on Christmas Day because she's no longer able to come out. The conditions are poor and she won't know any of us this year or recognize Christmas in any meaningful way. We simply never expected her to live long enough to decline to this point. We're all praying she will soon be taken home without further suffering and indignity.

My DBro (68) is profoundly mentally-handicapped and was diagnosed in January with terminal lung cancer. My DSis and I share custody of him and after much consideration, we declined aggressive treatment. The prognosis at the time was that he would likely be gone by Thanksgiving; Christmas at the outside. He's actually been doing better than predicted but we know we're on borrowed time. We're grateful for one last chance to be together as a family and will focus on a low-key, happy time with him.

:grouphug: and :flower3: to everyone in similar circumstances and may the God of all comfort keep your hearts and minds safe.

Prayers to all who have loss of an kind.

We lost my bil (38, car wreck), my fil (70, illness) and a nephew (17, car wreck). Its been a tough year for this family.

But on a better note, we know that several people will be with their families at Christmas because of the gift of life dnephew gave. Including a 17 year old girl who received his heart.

:grouphug: To everyone who lost a loved one.

I myself will be having my first Christmas without my dad. He died unexpectedly a few months ago.

On a brighter note my nephew found out he and his wife will be having twins.

Sorry to those who have lost special people this year. I lost my mom on 11/10/14 after a year long battle with kidney cancer. It'll be a tough Christmas to get through but we are grateful that she is no longer in pain and is resting in peace now with my dad.

We lost my bil (38, car wreck), my fil (70, illness) and a nephew (17, car wreck). Its been a tough year for this family.

But on a better note, we know that several people will be with their families at Christmas because of the gift of life dnephew gave. Including a 17 year old girl who received his heart.

Sorry for all of your losses, God Bless the nephew who donated life to others in his passing. That is just wonderful!

I had a little bit of closure last week. My mom passed away in May 2013. Her house was vacant for Christmas 2012 for the first time in 52 years because she was living in a board and care. Last year it was vacant because the investors who bought the house had it up for sale again. I drove by last Tuesday, there are Christmas decorations up, a car out front, a new family is living there, Christmas will be celebrated there again. That made me smile, and I am sure it made my mom and dad smile.

And as fate would have it, my mom and her 3 siblings all passed away from May 2013 to March 2014........her entire generation passed with a new months.

My DS19's 4th/5th grade teacher died very suddenly a few months ago. He was only 49 years old, and truly one of the most selfless and wonderful people I had ever met. My DS has Asperger's and this teacher was his true champion and mentor. Our entire community is still devastated.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all who lost someone dear in 2014.
I just lost my brother very suddenly to a heart attack last Thursday. He was 68.

In the spirit of Christmas we will remember those we loved and lost.
I've forgotten the writer but this always makes me feel better.

'Tis far better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Thank you. We now have one the sweetest ladies I know still with us because of a heart donation two years ago. :)

I was just finishing up our Christmas cards this afternoon, and was very saddened when I realized how many names I won't be sending to this year :sad1:

Several lovely ladies from our church, my first real boss who was a wonderful lady and 30 years after working for her I still loved exchanging Christmas cards every year and catching up with her. Our niece lost her husband last month in an accident, he was only 31 and left behind 3 beautiful little girls. My great-Aunt... she was my Grandma's youngest sister and more like a great friend and confidant to me than a great-Aunt, I miss her sooo much :sad1:

Hugs to all experiencing Christmas without their loved ones :hug:

My aunt died last Dec of brain cancer...another aunt died in a car accident on the way to the funeral home. My mom passed away of surgery complications in Aug and her brother and husband of the first Aunt died 3 weeks after my mom.

It has been a rough year. All on the same side of the family too. It is going to be a rough Christmas for us. We are kind of lost what to do since she is the one that hosted Christmas Eve.

My aunt died last Dec of brain cancer...another aunt died in a car accident on the way to the funeral home. My mom passed away of surgery complications in Aug and her brother and husband of the first Aunt died 3 weeks after my mom.

It has been a rough year. All on the same side of the family too. It is going to be a rough Christmas for us. We are kind of lost what to do since she is the one that hosted Christmas Eve.

We had to change up all of our typial holiday traditions since my dad passed away. It is easy to feel a little "lost"-especially when that loved one was so instrumental in bringing it all together.

My dad passed away on Nov 29th this year. He was 67 and had Parkinson's. Then my uncle's mother also passed away a couple months ago. And even though I never got the honor to meet him, I'd also like to include Robin Williams. Even though I didn't know him, I still grieved for him and miss him deeply. My dad was the one who introduced me to Robin's work. I never dreamed that my dad would out live Robin.

sailorstitch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter