Thoughts on a hip carrier

kbrown726

Earning My Ears
Taking our 10-year-old and 17-month-old to WDW the last week of September. Most likely will be a once in a lifetime trip. We are planning on a stroller so the baby can nap, but I'm thinking of buying a hip carrier instead of my regular carrier. Any insights?

I brought my Gooseket sling for my 2yr old when we went in November- that thing ROCKS! Highly recommend you try a sling they're small, foldable, and easy to use! We also have a TushBaby but it was too bulky to use on the trip.

I brought my Gooseket sling for my 2yr old when we went in November- that thing ROCKS! Highly recommend you try a sling they're small, foldable, and easy to use! We also have a TushBaby but it was too bulky to use on the trip.
I do have a sling.... Somewhere. I used it when she was tiny, but it's been lost for a bit. I'm sure I could find it though. I was thinking on using the hip carrier as a fanny pack and I don't have to take it off on the plane.

I had one that could go on back or front but since it was for an older baby (ha ha, now she’s 9) I used it on my back. So much better in my opinion for those long hours than if she’d been on a hip. When my son was a baby he was a younger baby and used a front carrier for him.

I have a a Tushbaby and I use it a lot less than I thought I would with my barnacle of a son who loves being held (he's nearly 2.5 now and I got it around when he turned 1). It was easier when he was smaller! I do have a pre existing hip injury but it hurts my hip more than just carrying my son for some reason if I use it too long. It is good for short periods of time (potentially like for standing in a queue), but I also find it's pretty bulky when not in use (way more so than a standard toddler carrier). If you have a stroller with good storage too, though, and can just stash it under there it might be worth it. I would look on FB Marketplace to see if you can find one near you because I suspect other people like me find they use it less than they thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter