Thoughts on Compression Tights?

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on compression tights.

I use compression socks for long distances as I need the calf support. But they cut into the back of my knees and drives me crazy. Plus it hurts!

Over the past few years I've lost a LOT of weight. Combined with pregnancy body, I have quite the Fupa. Now that I've been trying to run I'm getting pain just below my stomach and I really think it's from the weight from my extra skin pulling down on my stomach.

So both of these reasons make me think I need to wear compression tights instead of regular workout pants.

What do you experts think? Any brands you recommend? I'm short so I have to take length into consideration as well.

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on compression tights.

I use compression socks for long distances as I need the calf support. But they cut into the back of my knees and drives me crazy. Plus it hurts!

Over the past few years I've lost a LOT of weight. Combined with pregnancy body, I have quite the Fupa. Now that I've been trying to run I'm getting pain just below my stomach and I really think it's from the weight from my extra skin pulling down on my stomach.

So both of these reasons make me think I need to wear compression tights instead of regular workout pants.

What do you experts think? Any brands you recommend? I'm short so I have to take length into consideration as well.
Have you just tried high waisted leggings? I like Skechers Go Walk leggings/tights. I have the Capri and 7/8 lengths. I get them at Costco or Zappos. I have a short torso, but carry my excess weight in my lower stomach area also, and these work great for running, for me. I don't like true compression, but these are a heavy enough fabric with a tight weave that is super supportive while still keeping me from getting too hot while running. As a bonus, they are reasonably priced.

Have you just tried high waisted leggings? I like Skechers Go Walk leggings/tights. I have the Capri and 7/8 lengths. I get them at Costco or Zappos. I have a short torso, but carry my excess weight in my lower stomach area also, and these work great for running, for me. I don't like true compression, but these are a heavy enough fabric with a tight weave that is super supportive while still keeping me from getting too hot while running. As a bonus, they are reasonably priced.
Yeah all my leggings are high waisted and tight. Just not tight enough in the right area. I feel like I need spanx but that would not be comfortable. Lol

Some of my workout bottoms feel like compression attire. Look at what Athleta, Calia (by Carrie Underwood), and some other athletic clothing brands offer. Workout clothes have come a long way in terms of functionality.

I can't comment on specifically using compression tights, but I know that 2xu is a commonly recommended brand that occasionally pops up on sierra trading post at a better price than retail.

While I'm not susceptible to quite the same set of challenges you are, I have a mild hernia and need ab compression to run comfortably. CW-X compression shorts and tights have been fantastic for me.

Other thought: do you include core exercises in your overall routine? I started running when my trio were 20 months old. When I incorporated cross training into my week, I had less pain, better posture, etc. My actual belly skin is pretty bad (think: inflate balloon, draw spider webs all over it, deflate balloon) so I definitely hear you about the flap causing discomfort. But, my underlying core strength really helps as I increase mileage.

I can't comment on specifically using compression tights, but I know that 2xu is a commonly recommended brand that occasionally pops up on sierra trading post at a better price than retail.

I do see this brand mentioned a lot in some of my other circles and have checked out their website. I never thought about Sierra, we have their stores here so I can check in there to see if they have any. Would definitely be beneficial to try some on.

While I'm not susceptible to quite the same set of challenges you are, I have a mild hernia and need ab compression to run comfortably. CW-X compression shorts and tights have been fantastic for me.

Thanks - I'll check out that brand too!

Other thought: do you include core exercises in your overall routine? I started running when my trio were 20 months old. When I incorporated cross training into my week, I had less pain, better posture, etc. My actual belly skin is pretty bad (think: inflate balloon, draw spider webs all over it, deflate balloon) so I definitely hear you about the flap causing discomfort. But, my underlying core strength really helps as I increase mileage.

I do cross train and am definitely in need of work on my core and posture. My balance has been off since losing all my weight and it's been hard to get it back.

I do cross train and am definitely in need of work on my core and posture. My balance has been off since losing all my weight and it's been hard to get it back.

I really like the YouTube channel Move With Nicole. She has a ton of good pilates workouts with either no equipment or just light weights. My core strength, balance, and posture has definitely increased since adding pilates into my routine and you can't beat "free"!

I have running tights I LOVE from old navy, athleta, and fabletics. I prefer some compression and a high waist even though not necessarily for the same reason. They just feel better to me for running and they don't slide down or bunch up with the extra compression. My favorites of the bunch are actually from old navy.

I wore CW-X 3/4 tights (plus CEP compression socks as the tights just clear my knees) for my last WDW marathon. While I can't speak to your specific issue, I think the compression helps decrease soreness/fatigue (as I had minimal post-race soreness). These are the ones I have: https://cw-x.com/collections/womens...support-3-4-compression-tight-black-turquoise

(There are longer CW-X pants too if you want to avoid compression socks ... I only had the 3/4 tights, and was used to wearing compression socks, so I wore them with socks!)

They're totally different from just regular workout tights in terms of compression, stability and targeted support. Night and day!! But expensive, very tight, and somewhat more fragile.

I definitely recommend long-run training in them first to make sure the pressure works for you.

I wore CW-X 3/4 tights (plus CEP compression socks as the tights just clear my knees) for my last WDW marathon. While I can't speak to your specific issue, I think the compression helps decrease soreness/fatigue (as I had minimal post-race soreness). These are the ones I have: https://cw-x.com/collections/womens...support-3-4-compression-tight-black-turquoise

(There are longer CW-X pants too if you want to avoid compression socks ... I only had the 3/4 tights, and was used to wearing compression socks, so I wore them with socks!)

They're totally different from just regular workout tights in terms of compression, stability and targeted support. Night and day!! But expensive, very tight, and somewhat more fragile.

I definitely recommend long-run training in them first to make sure the pressure works for you.

Thanks for all this. I definitely want something different than workout tights. Those are cutting it for me anymore.

I've had long compression socks in the past to cover my calves but they always cut into the back of my knees. Probably because of how short I am and how long they are. lol

Pilates will definitely help out. Consider ballet classes or just Barre as well.

Thanks for all this. I definitely want something different than workout tights. Those are cutting it for me anymore.

I've had long compression socks in the past to cover my calves but they always cut into the back of my knees. Probably because of how short I am and how long they are. lol

You're welcome! A quick note on size - I'm just at/below the breaking point between a small and a medium on their size guide (except I am almost 5ft 9in) and I wear medium. I don't like them TOO tight, but everyone is different.

I have running tights I LOVE from old navy, athleta, and fabletics. I prefer some compression and a high waist even though not necessarily for the same reason. They just feel better to me for running and they don't slide down or bunch up with the extra compression. My favorites of the bunch are actually from old navy.
I too love my old navy running leggings - high waist, a good amount of compression, and a wide band that doesn't roll (i also carry all my tummy weight low)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter